Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

SQ2 wrote: »
    Seen a sign on the side of the shop at the bus stop for an Indian restaurant, anyone know any more about that? Mams it's called

https://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-mams-maynooth/menu/

appears to be the same people behind this:
    http://www.mamsindianrestaurant.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

yellow hen wrote: »
    Is chill any way decent anymore? Just need something and cheerful with the kids this eve

Menu has been cut to the bones but the food is still fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Is chill any way decent anymore? Just need something and cheerful with the kids this eve

We were regulars with the kids but stopped going as the quality was poor. The sausages are the worst in Maynooth in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,220 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Is Click in Manor Mills closed down? It's been shut the last few times I walked past and the last time I saw it open there was no stock in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I saw a post on Facebook saying there was an issue with staff not getting paid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,220 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I saw a post on Facebook saying there was an issue with staff not getting paid

I worked there years ago (When it was in the Holland and Barrett unit and was called cantec). The owners were a bit dodgy. I googled it and apparently they went bankrupt a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Any suggestions for a restaurant in maynooth that had a decent gluten free menu? We don't want indian or pizza.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Unsure about Maynooth, but Da Mario in Celbridge is good for a GF menu

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Giuseppe90

Avenue menus mention GF options are available

Any suggestions for a restaurant in maynooth that had a decent gluten free menu? We don't want indian or pizza.
    Thanks!

I found Picaderos very accommodating. They used a separate fryer for a start and were very knowledgeable re gf options. I don’t recall a separate GF menu though.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Anyone check out the Range place yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

beertons wrote: »

Yeah I went today. Thought it was bigger than liffey valley and carried a wider range (pardon the pun). It was very very busy but it's so big that you could walk the aisles with ease. It was really well stocked also with no stock out of place or messy as you might expect when it's so busy. Queued for only 2-3mins. Very impressive smooth opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I was in it yesterday. Lots of stuff at cheap prices. Just to give an example, a tub of protein powder in there is 37.50. I paid 55 euro for the exact same tub in Holland & Barret.

It was very very busy but it's so big that you could walk the aisles with ease.

I found the aisles awkwardly narrow and short, and the layout of the hardware/DIY products is a little strange.

Much bigger pet section than I remember the LV store having, didn't compare prices but they seemed to have a broader selection of stuff than the dedicated pet store across the carpark.

The town definitely cannot cope with the extra traffic - they need to start suggesting people use the junction before on the M4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

I popped in there yesterday. There is a lot to see. Lot of things I liked.

I thought the few grocery and toiletries looked out of place. Seemed to me like odd items to stock, especially considering the huge Tesco next door.

Well worth a visit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Popped in yesterday. The housewares are excellent. As an expat British person you can get quite a bit of British food there you can't find in the supermarkets.. even Tescos which seems to stock it sort of sporadically.

Natural Bakery taking the Manic unit in Manor Mills

Old jemeilles unit has reopened as a hairdressers it seems, from a Facebook ad I got

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

1/10 service
    6/10 food

1/10 service
    6/10 food

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

L1011 wrote: »
    Natural Bakery taking the Manic unit in Manor Mills

Old jemeilles unit has reopened as a hairdressers it seems, from a Facebook ad I got

Is Costa still going to MM?? A lot of coffee competition in there now. Natural Bakery has some nice stuff in it if you're in early!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Mach 3 razors £5 or €7.50 £5 is less than €6 and frankly this kip should be selling at 1 for 1 to get some money that isn't just toilet paper in.

<SNIP>

If your husband is in Brady's or the Newtown Inn during the day you will love Range.

Mach 3 razors £5 or €7.50 £5 is less than €6 and frankly this kip should be selling at 1 for 1 to get some money that isn't just toilet paper in.

<SNIP>

If your husband is in Brady's or the Newtown Inn during the day you will love Range.

There are no words in response to that

never_mind wrote: »
    1/10 service
    6/10 food

Meant to reply to this. We ended up.going to chill the day I asked this. It was very quiet so service was super quick. Food was much better than I remembered. It's still chips, chicken, curry etc so nothing fancy but was nice and plenty of food for the money. Would not be making a regular thing but it was grand in a hurry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

There are no words in response to that

I found it quite witty.

Meant to reply to this. We ended up.going to chill the day I asked this. It was very quiet so service was super quick. Food was much better than I remembered. It's still chips, chicken, curry etc so nothing fancy but was nice and plenty of food for the money. Would not be making a regular thing but it was grand in a hurry

I got a leaflet in the door recently from Chill saying that they have a family offer of mains for 2 adults + 2 kids + drinks for €25. Seems like good value so I must try it again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

<SNIP>

Staplor wrote: »
    I found it quite witty.

Stay classy guys.

At lunch time they have maybe 5 servers in and all of them are just running around like headless chickens. There was a line forming at the door last time I was there to be seated and there was a waiter just folding napkins looking at them... They also didn't give us our drinks at all during lunch (asked them 4 times) and didn't knock a few quid off lunch to apologise. Really bad service and the food is only ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

never_mind wrote: »

At lunch time they have maybe 5 servers in and all of them are just running around like headless chickens. There was a line forming at the door last time I was there to be seated and there was a waiter just folding napkins looking at them... They also didn't give us our drinks at all during lunch (asked them 4 times) and didn't knock a few quid off lunch to apologise. Really bad service and the food is only ok.
    Chill started out well and has gone swiftly downhill. I now find it be managed very poorly with no organization among the serving staff. Food is little more than OK at this point. It's a shame really as there was/is a gap in the market for a great place to bring kids that serves good, reasonably priced food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Always find chill a bit grubby or something too. Like someone needs to take a good sponge to the tables and floors. Food is normally ok. I'd go with the young lad cause it's easy and kid friendly but wouldn't go there with herself.

• Advertisement

Planning put in to turn the unit at the end of the Main Street opposite the girls school in to ANOTHER cafe and wine bar.

Description makes it sound like Avoca but the unit isn't big enough surely. Docs not scanned yet. Some digging finds a director of the company that applied is or was a director of Ely Winebars in Dublin.

Advertisement