Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

yellow hen wrote: »
    Thanks orion. Is that the fella in on the right as you turn into old greenfield?

Yep that's him.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

Orion wrote: »
    The new signage for Maximus is up. It's .... Maximus Grill.

Interested to see what it's going to be - same chipper with seating or a proper grill type bistro. With another burger joint opening down the road we'll see who's better.

What's opening down the road? I haven't seen anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yeahburger in the former Gatehouse unit.

Maximus is just a chipper still

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

any word on the Ely wine bar? can't remember, but is it supposed to be going into the unit where the Beauty Boutique is (was?)?

• Advertisement

Still hasn't got planning; council requested some further info which has been sent in.

The planners seem to want the building re-plastered as they were always plastered and install copies of original windows, which there aren't any remaining anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

L1011 wrote: »
    Yeahburger in the former Gatehouse unit.

Maximus is just a chipper still

Got some food there the other night, quite expensive and much smaller menu than before. No meal deals as such, you pay for everything individually. 6.50 for a burger :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I occasionally like chipper food or pizza but love Indian or Thai. I can't wait for that new Thai to open. Maynooth is desperately lacking good Asian take away.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Diep in Leixlip is solid and delivery is always quick and food hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Agreed, Diep is excellent and they do a good Monday to Thursday deal too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

I am in love with Koshiba, in Riverforest at the top of Captain's Hill. We were missing a decent Japanese restaurant and this place is the business. Pretty sure they deliver to Maynooth, although I tend to just collect.

Also, Beetroot are opening a second location inside Leixlip Amenities Centre. It's not open yet but will be soon by the looks of it. They've quite a few little businesses gone into the centre actually- I see there's an art studio after opening too

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

It appears that Charters estate agents on the main street is being re branded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

lordgoat wrote:

Agreed.

lordgoat wrote: »

I agree, that's our current go to. Our last few indians from celbridge haven't been great. Tried Korma at home in dunboyne recently and it was good but it's a bit far for a takeaway. I think a good Asian restaurant would do really well here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Flibble wrote: »
    I am in love with Koshiba, in Riverforest at the top of Captain's Hill. We were missing a decent Japanese restaurant and this place is the business. Pretty sure they deliver to Maynooth, although I tend to just collect.

Also, Beetroot are opening a second location inside Leixlip Amenities Centre. It's not open yet but will be soon by the looks of it. They've quite a few little businesses gone into the centre actually- I see there's an art studio after opening too

Koshiba is really good:) Korma at home is the best indian around.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

Was in new Maximus (Maximus Grill) on Sunday evening and I have to say I'm not impressed.

It's mainly burgers now, no chipper food on the menu (batter burger, batter sausage, onion rings, potato scallops etc). The food is crazy expensive and not great.

I ordered two chicken fillet burgers and two large chips and it came to over €22. The burgers did not taste great and the chips were soggy and under cooked.

I was also left waiting for 25 mins as they forgot to cook my food.

I really don't see this place lasting without meal deals, genuine chipper food, lower prices and better service.

I won't be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Students et al will be headed to Mc D's at the end of the night if that's the case. No matter how pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

ixus wrote: »
    Students et al will be headed to Mc D's at the end of the night if that's the case. No matter how pissed.

Had Maximus last night. Thought the beef burger was great and herself loved the chicken fillet burger. Burgers are defo a step up in quality, chips are regular chipper chips. No kids menu, no chipper stuff. They've a smaller menu, but I thought it was better quality.

The no chipper stuff will destroy their lunchtime trade - kids don't have the cash for burgers etc. Probably for the best for the future health of the country though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

I don't get it. Is it high quality take away burgers with no sit down? With the Yeah burger competition coming? Are they employing some Lean business model?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,220 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

ixus wrote: »
    I don't get it. Is it high quality take away burgers with no sit down? With the Yeah burger competition coming? Are they employing some Lean business model?

yep, that's it. I checked out their menu in just eat, it's all burgers and hot dogs. there's no fish and chips, no snackbox etc. Looks like Supermacs is the only chipper on the main st now. Maximus is more of a gourmet burger takeaway now.

they have a menu online here. https://maximus.ie/

Romayos must be delighted!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Romayos must be delighted!

Sure their service is just as bad these days. Waited 20 minutes on a bag of chips last week. Gone are the days when you could walk in and just get a bag of chips in 2-3 minutes.
    This new ordering system is completely useless.

Gas mains installed to the Thai at Greenfield - it may open before the end of the decade now!

Would think they'd want it open for Christmas party business which is actually pretty strong - all the smaller firms around stay local.

L1011 wrote: »
    Gas mains installed to the Thai at Greenfield - it may open before the end of the decade now!

Would think they'd want it open for Christmas party business which is actually pretty strong - all the smaller firms around stay local.

The side door was open one day last week and the interior is surprisingly advanced. The bit of decor I saw looked very complete.

The Homeworld planning to change to financial services is EBS as I guessed. Which is owned by AIB but they do duplicate some places.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kildarelilly

Iceland are opening within The Range. Seems a bit of a bizarre set-up for them. But at least we don't have to drive to Ballyfermot anymoreðŸ˜႒

What lines are they dumping to get space for that? The Maynooth store being so huge meant it actually stocked enough variety of stuff to be useful compared to Liffey Valley which is a bit sparse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Iceland are opening within The Range. Seems a bit of a bizarre set-up for them. But at least we don't have to drive to Ballyfermot anymoreðŸ˜႒
    Take some of those Iceland savings and head over to Masterson's your tastebuds will thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Take some of those Iceland savings and head over to Masterson's your tastebuds will thank you!

Wont be that much of a saving............

Advertisement