Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Looks like the works have been abandoned. Nothing happened in the last 2weeks..

Probably have the fear about turning on the lights seeing how quickly traffic backs up both ways on the straffan road at the moment. These lights will be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The tarmac isn't complete. New date given is 'end of the month'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

mloc123 wrote: »
    I don't know... It is not like they have built a Starbucks on it. They have made a new entrance so people can use it.

The avenue has change considerably since 1750. Much like castletown grounds (gravel walkways, tarmac avenue, reshaping the lake). But these changes are to allow people to use it.

Exactly. Its not an issue. Nobody seems to have a problem with the knacker drinking at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

L1011 wrote: »
    The tarmac isn't complete. New date given is 'end of the month'!

Did they say what month :pac:

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Did they say what month :pac:

It did actually specify October. That doesn't mean it'll happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭MickH503

ESB seem to be doing some work there today so something might move forward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I meant it more in jest but thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

and to think these works were for finish the 29th August :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

The council could delay this and use them as the first set of Christmas lights they've given Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Signs of life at the traffic light works on the Straffan Road last night...

• Advertisement

The new lights on the straffan road will be a **** show. The works to install them when schools etc reopened was a **** show and I bet itll be December when they switch them on fully. Yet another **** show. From the CC to the contractor they should take a bow. Theyll win awards for stupidity that lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Tried the new Yeah Burger (Burgr?) place, not sure what to think. Pretty much the same concept as 5 Guys, and similar prices as well. Paid about €13 for a burger, fries and coke - it wasn't too bad, but nothing too amazing either. Might give it another go in the future.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Polar101 wrote: »
    Tried the new Yeah Burger (Burgr?) place, not sure what to think. Pretty much the same concept as 5 Guys, and similar prices as well. Paid about €13 for a burger, fries and coke - it wasn't too bad, but nothing too amazing either. Might give it another go in the future.

Best burger in town is in the roost.

Roost still used ye-olde floury baps for the burger last time I had one. Not any specific love for brioche but I hate being covered in flour.

Roost still used ye-olde floury baps for the burger last time I had one. Not any specific love for brioche but I hate being covered in flour.

Roost for me has the worst food in the town. Mostly frozen, nothing fresh and lacks quality.

I actually think despite the amount of eateries we have there are none id be in a rush to. Bradys does the best pub grub i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

Tried Yeah Burgr today. Had to send back my burger because the meat was uncooked. To be fair the waitress was very apologetic and they replaced it straight away.

Other than that, the food was just ok. It’s heavy eating. Everything is smothered in cheese and sauce.

TheBody wrote: »
    Tried Yeah Burgr today. Had to send it back my burger because the meat was uncooked. To be fair the waitress was very apologetic and they replaced it straight away.

Other than that, the food was just ok. It’s heavy eating. Everything is smothered in cheese and sauce.

What ye think of the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

What ye think of the price?

I thought the price was good. I can’t remember exactly what I paid. Think it was €23 for two burgers, huge portion of fries with bacon and cheese as well as two drinks.

I actually think despite the amount of eateries we have there are none id be in a rush to. Bradys does the best pub grub i think.

Definite lack of quality and finesse everywhere. Celbridge still has better restaurants, of the few it has!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

lordgoat wrote: »
    Best burger in town is in the roost.

Rubbish Brady's do a burger that contains a wrap. There is a wrap inside in the burger!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Rubbish Brady's do a burger that contains a wrap. There is a wrap inside in the burger!

That burger is excellent. A bit mental, but still excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

2ndcoming wrote: »
    That burger is excellent. A bit mental, but still excellent.

What is this holy grail of Hamburgers you speak of ?

Is there anything inside of the wrap inside of the burger ? A puzzle surrounded by a mystery encapsulated within an enigma ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

L1011 wrote:

And so it is.

Unless they are brave enough to work on Halloween night....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Definite lack of quality and finesse everywhere. Celbridge still has better restaurants, of the few it has!

Dunno, I think Donatello’s is outstanding, Picaderos is pretty good, Avenue is excellent.

Where is any good in Celbridge? I do like the Delhi Darbar - best Indian around for me but I’m not familiar with the other restaurants in the village.

Canteen would be the stand out in Celbridge. Nothing in Maynooth like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

ixus wrote: »

I assumed the two ladies usually there owned it ,they certainly work hard enough and with such enthusiasm you'd think they did . Lovely place ! Part of what makes Maynooth so great .I think I knew his dad to see and have a quick chat with in Maynooth college bookshop back in the early 1990s ...

Ursula has worked there my entire life as far as I know; but its always been the Byrnes' (as the article makes clear anyway).

Used to be where Allure is and before that where Brewery (or Three Pin, can't remember which) is which is not a particularly big unit for a bookshop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Londis on Main St have an application in for change of use of existing commercial offices to seating area and new toilet facilities associated with existing kitchen and delicatessen. Looks like they want to change Mam's from a takeaway into a restaurant.

• Advertisement

The hoarding is down on Kin Khao and it apparently opens during the week

Advertisement