Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

TheBody wrote: »
    Tried Yeah Burgr today. Had to send back my burger because the meat was uncooked. To be fair the waitress was very apologetic and they replaced it straight away.

Other than that, the food was just ok. It’s heavy eating. Everything is smothered in cheese and sauce.

How does it compare to the Brady's burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fmc3105

Kin Khao supposed to be opening on the 17th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

How does it compare to the Brady's burger.

Would you believe, I've never had a burger from Brady's. Now that you mention it, I rarely go to Brady's and I have no good reason for that!

TheBody wrote: »
    Would you believe, I've never had a burger from Brady's. Now that you mention it, I rarely go to Brady's and I have no good reason for that!

Well the Brady's burger has a pulled pork wrap in it (not a full size one) . It's good too.
    I'm trying to remember what the chips are like (though this is irrelevant as the burger is enormous) I think they weren't obviously oven chips but weren't chipper chips either.

They have some sort of pint of cider and a burger for a fiver offer on now. The only thing I don't like about Brady's is the way that they are allowed take over the square on good days/

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I presume they are paying the appropriate fees to the council for that purpose; seeing as they are legally based and published on the council site...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Seeing lots of Garda around during the day time the last few weeks, still nothing in evenings or weekends. Is something up or is it the usual getting handy driving fines?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

A new phone repairs/accessories shop called iDFL in Manor Mills where Click was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Because height limits have been all but removed due to sprawl and 4 won't be overlooking anyone

New standard height is 3 in Maynooth anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Where are the apartments going to go? In the carpark?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

There goes that shortcut ;)

ixus wrote: »

Medical centre and a pharmacy here makes a lot of sense.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Seeing lots of Garda around during the day time the last few weeks, still nothing in evenings or weekends. Is something up or is it the usual getting handy driving fines?

I've heard that some 'well known' individuals have moved to Kilcock.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Has Bon Bon closed down? There's been no sign of life when I've been driving by for the last few weeks.

The Greenfield Thai has opened. The menu is very authentically Thai so won't satisfy Lan Thanai sugar paste hangovers.

Its not even vaguely like Red Torch either. Menu is so different it might not work in suburbia really

L1011 wrote: »
    The Greenfield Thai has opened. The menu is very authentically Thai so won't satisfy Lan Thanai sugar paste hangovers.

Its not even vaguely like Red Torch either. Menu is so different it might not work in suburbia really

Sounds interesting. I do like real thai food.

Brewdog beers too - I'm liking the sound of this.

Doesn't look like they do takeaway. Interesting decision considering the location.

Takeaway is planned for January from what I was told; but they committed to be closed for everything by midnight to the planners and the local residents would hold them to that if required

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Orion wrote: »
    Doesn't look like they do takeaway. Interesting decision considering the location.

I asked on their Facebook page and they replied to say that they will be doing takeaway (in compostable containers!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

It is a nice menu and definitely more authentic than other than takeaways but it's quite expensive so I don't think I'll be frequenting as much as I had originally planned. We'll continue with diep for now.

• Advertisement

Suspect that if I want something standard/borderline comfort food, it'll be a Diep order placed on the train on the way home still. That said the takeaway menu could be markedly different. Definitely the most interesting menu in the town anyway

Ely appears to have fitout started.

Rathkenny wrote: »
    I asked on their Facebook page and they replied to say that they will be doing takeaway (in compostable containers!).

Will make me ordering from them even easier.

Takeaway is planned for January from what I was told; but they committed to be closed for everything by midnight to the planners and the local residents would hold them to that if required

Can understand that restriction in a residential area but why them and not Romayo's? The chipper stays open until 2 at the weekends and 1 every other day.

I dare you to bring Romayos opening hours up with an longer term resident and make it out alive! Lots of people convinced they're breaking planning permission after midnight but I'm not paying for a copy of a 30 year old file to check.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There have been alot of complaints over the years about Romayos opening hours,there have been times that they have closed earlier for a few weeks then back to normal.

yellow hen wrote: »
    It is a nice menu and definitely more authentic than other than takeaways but it's quite expensive so I don't think I'll be frequenting as much as I had originally planned. We'll continue with diep for now.

Tried it last night. Food was excellent. Service was good, few issues but staff really polite. Chef came out to table at end of meal to ask for feedback.

Sure it's a bit expensive but the food was so good. 5 of us, all different meals all very happy. Spice level was def up a notch from Diep/Camille etc which was a huge plus.

They replaced their website, which was basically unusable, so they have the full Athlone menus up now - the takeaway menu is simpler, more like Diep etc, and also significantly cheaper.

I would assume they'll replicate here as the main menu is much the same including prices.

Interim takeaway menu available for walk in orders now, similar to Athlone but slightly dearer. Likely realised the amount of money walking out the door.

Had no card facilities the night I went and the draught beer wasn't chilled so there's still things being sorted out. Food was fine but very traditionally Thai, not european adapted

Interim takeaway menu available for walk in orders now, similar to Athlone but slightly dearer. Likely realised the amount of money walking out the door.

Had no card facilities the night I went and the draught beer wasn't chilled so there's still things being sorted out. Food was fine but very traditionally Thai, not european adapted

Same, teething issues for sure. But the food is outstanding. Soft-shell crab in Maynooth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

lordgoat wrote: »
    Same, teething issues for sure. But the food is outstanding. Soft-shell crab in Maynooth!

Any link to a menu?

Advertisement