Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The actual order with details will appear linked in the last column when scanned (its usually hand-written by the inspector).

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

L1011 wrote: »
    Doubt it's for misdescribed menu items - a "mild" Madras gave me a nosebleed once it was so spicy - and I cook Indian food all the time!

I love a Madras but theirs was a firey affair!!

Closure order up now. And still not lifted. One of the worst I've seen in recent years!

Electric safety, drainage, filth and general competency issues

edit: couldn't get link on mobile - https://www.fsai.ie//uploadedFiles/Enforcement_and_Audit/Orders/CO-004-02-2019_R.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I was just reading it. What a litany of safety. The fire officer would have shut them down for #1 as well - immediate fire hazard.

Glad I never got a takeaway from there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Took a walk around the Glenroyal bar earlier, looks very nice now, can't wait to see it finished. Not a plug to be seen on any wall, locating a cigarette machine next Tuesday is going to be an issue!

• Advertisement

Ely looks near finished now.

Tesco have applied for permission for a 75m standalone food unit, map isn't up yet to see where. A second drivethrough was refused a few years ago down beside the dry cleaners for being inappropriate scale - too small! - as it was a single story building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Work has commenced in the old Tidy Towns shop. Did someone mention before what's going in there?

It has planning for an EBS branch, I would assume that. AIB seem to be preparing to flog off EBS as they are opening branches near AIB branches in areas with high mortgage demand, did it in the IFSC also.

Three minor bits noticed on an increasingly rare trip to Tesco.

The planning in for another food unit at Tesco is matching unit to the OBriens kiosk, just further away from the building

The little internal kiosks inside the main building have been built, would imagine the mini vape shop will go in to one of them at least. They're tiny though

And the phone shop upstairs in Tesco itself appears to be completely gone, boarded in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

As someone who has lived in Maynooth for a few years it's interesting to read back through the thread. I like to see what the town was like before I even thought about moving here.

2012, derelict buildings in the town. Comments how the towns food place limit had been reached.

It's really boomed in the last few years. Never seen a town with so many places to get food.

• Advertisement

The yoga place on Doctors Lane has moved, the unit was an Indian food shop before that (which I'm still surprised we don't have another of yet, much missed for me).

As soon as I saw that, I thought "The Avenue will want to extend in there too"

Planning application in for it now!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'd love a zero waste shop to go into Maynooth. One is Westport open since December has already outgrown it's premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

When is Ely opening? ( across from Avenue !) Cracking wine selection .

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

2011abc wrote: »
    When is Ely opening? ( across from Avenue !) Cracking wine selection .

Looked very ready last night when it was even all closed up. They've done a lovely job on the outside anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Can anyone recommend a good (and nice) dentist in the town? For adults and kids. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

yellow hen wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good (and nice) dentist in the town? For adults and kids. thanks.

I just brought my 3yo to Paul in Riverside Dental in Celbridge... he was brilliant and she loved it! They have a tv screen on the ceiling and will put something on to help distract them if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 48 washburn73

yellow hen wrote: »

Not in Maynooth, but the dentist in Kilcock is excellent, especially if you are a nervous patient, like my boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I just brought my 3yo to Paul in Riverside Dental in Celbridge... he was brilliant and she loved it! They have a tv screen on the ceiling and will put something on to help distract them if needed

I have to second riverside dental. I brought my three year old and they were excellent with him

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

I agree with the other posters. Paul O'Boyle in Riverside Dental is fantastic with kids. I recently brought my 4 year olds and they loved the whole thing!

I also had a check up and a clean myself while we were there and I was very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

I went to John Merrick on the Main Street about 6 months ago. Just been back for a cleaning too. He was really good and very friendly.

• Advertisement

Disappointed to see that Bella Baby has closed down. It was expensive but so handy for the urgent baby things that you just couldn't wait an extra day or two for.

Also Bon Bon has finally gone up for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mileycactus

Rathkenny wrote: »
    Also Bon Bon has finally gone up for sale.

This has been the most random open / closed place ive ever come across. There's still a gap for nice lunch places since twist closed, i hope it continues as a food joint when sold (and doesnt become financial institution)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

This has been the most random open / closed place ive ever come across. There's still a gap for nice lunch places since twist closed, i hope it continues as a food joint when sold (and doesnt become financial institution)
    Where was bon bon?

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Where was bon bon?

Opposite Coffee Lounge/Amber Bistro/Apache, beside Sherry Fitzgerald on Mill Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

I think the whole waitress service /menu thing in BonBon was a bit constrictive.Would prefer choose that kind of cuisine based on appearance rather than words on a menu .Was frustrating waiting for service when food was often closer than waitress .But they were on to a good thing with the sweets -until Siopa Milseain came along .I think they were fab when first came out ( not as fussy about serving you at counter then ) but never evolved .

Ely appears to have opened quite quietly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Apparently no drink other than wine available in Ely. Is that the licence I wonder or just because they aren't fully operational yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Need a small job done to repair a gutter/downpipe - any recommendations?

• Advertisement

They are a wine retailer and didn't look for planning for a pub anyway (CHQ branch has a pub licence) so I doubt that'll change

Advertisement