Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I see Grafton Barbers have decals up at Tesco. Hope they don't keep their Dublin prices in Maynooth. The other local barbers will have to step their game up

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

Coyne's Butcher Shop, Carton Retail Park (Tesco), Maynooth have a temperature controlled storage container permanently sited behind their premises for over a year now and it doesn't seem to have any planning permission.

I brought this to the attention of Kildare CC Planning Dept over a year ago but they don't seem to have taken any action.

Are they always this complacent?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Did you get an unauthorised development reference number? Nothing is done without that.

L1011 wrote: »
    Did you get an unauthorised development reference number? Nothing is done without that.

I didn't. I assumed that once I supplied them with photos and exact location that they would follow up without me having to chase them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I didn't. I assumed that once I supplied them with photos and exact location that they would follow up without me having to chase them.

If it’s behind their unit on the loading / access road maybe it doesn’t need permission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Coyne's Butcher Shop, Carton Retail Park (Tesco), Maynooth have a temperature controlled storage container permanently sited behind their premises for over a year now and it doesn't seem to have any planning permission.

I brought this to the attention of Kildare CC Planning Dept over a year ago but they don't seem to have taken any action.

Are they always this complacent?

Did you fill out the form on the website?

We submitted form earlier this year and they got back to us very quickly and have kept us up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Can I ask why you have a difficulty with this ? Is it a concern for improperly stored meat ?

Colking wrote: »
    Can I ask why you have a difficulty with this ? Is it a concern for improperly stored meat ?

My concern is that they have built a storage unit and haven't bothered to seek planning permission for it.

Am I wrong to expect a butcher to follow the same planning laws as everyone else?

My concern is that they have built a storage unit and haven't bothered to seek planning permission for it.

Am I wrong to expect a butcher to follow the same planning laws as everyone else?

No, everyone should abide by the law.

Is it impinging on you in some way though ? Or does it have the potential to impinge on you or the public in any fashion in the future ?

Colking wrote: »
    No, everyone should abide by the law.

Is it impinging on you in some way though ? Or does it have the potential to impinge on you or the pubic in any fashion in the future ?

Are you suggesting that an illegal construction should be ignored just because it is not impinging on me personally?

Sounds like you are suggesting that a blind eye should be turned whenever you see something wrong but are not personally effected by it. Where would such an ethos end up?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Just think about the situation under discussion for a moment. We are talking about an unregulated and unapproved storage for meat. Without it been subjected to the full rigour of the planning process and food hygiene inspections it might be potentially harmful to people's health. What if it attracts rats? Who will know and who will care?

If this was a neighbour building a shed to store some garden tools I would not think it was wordy of comment but this is a food storage unit.

• Advertisement

Ah. So it is a concern for improperly stored meat then. Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

how do you know it hasn't been subject to food hygiene inspections?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

my god, you've little to be doing :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Are you suggesting that an illegal construction should be ignored just because it is not impinging on me personally?

Sounds like you are suggesting that a blind eye should be turned whenever you see something wrong but are not personally effected by it. Where would such an ethos end up?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Just think about the situation under discussion for a moment. We are talking about an unregulated and unapproved storage for meat. Without it been subjected to the full rigour of the planning process and food hygiene inspections it might be potentially harmful to people's health. What if it attracts rats? Who will know and who will care?

If this was a neighbour building a shed to store some garden tools I would not think it was wordy of comment but this is a food storage unit.

Have you listened to yourself, you're a busybody. Who thinks like this? What a tragic existence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

We are talking about an unregulated and unapproved storage for meat. Without it been subjected to the full rigour of the planning process and food hygiene inspections it might be potentially harmful to people's health.

Food hygiene has nothing to do with planning permission. That's the FSA's role. Are you suggesting that they don't undergo the same inspections everyone else does?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

I'd say you're fun at parties

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

North-South Corridor works on the Moyglare Road won't complete until February?

I see the existing secondary schools to Kilcock Road look like completing by end of the month.

Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought the whole thing had due to be wrapped up by December?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Fairly sure it was originally signposted around us in Moyglare Hall 'Works until October', then later extended til December and now you aay February.

Not surprised, there seems to be very few ever actually working on it. About 6 lads, 2 mini diggers and front loader have spent the last 5 weeks working merrily on the stretch near the church, while the whole west side of the road from the secondary schools to GAA club has been dug out, coned and fenced off and then ignored since mid summer.

On a positive note, after a residents association formed in Moyglare Hall and put loads if pressure on Mycete, the new entrance to the estate opposite the GAA club has opened to pedestrians and cyclists - which cuts in half the walking distance to town for those of us ironically living closest to town. (Previously we'd to do a big U shape detour around the Moyglare pitches. This entrance was promised and planned since 2006, so maybe that piyt the Moyglare Road improvements into context.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    North-South Corridor works on the Moyglare Road won't complete until February?

I see the existing secondary schools to Kilcock Road look like completing by end of the month.

Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought the whole thing had due to be wrapped up by December?

Even when this stage is finally finished the bridge still has to be widened!

Are the longest residents actually in Moyglare Hall that long now? Jaysus, any stereotypical 'new house babies' will be off to secondary in 2020 and still in the old school buildings!

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    Are the longest residents actually in Moyglare Hall that long now? Jaysus, any stereotypical 'new house babies' will be off to secondary in 2020 and still in the old school buildings!

Yep, we moved into the second phase in 2008.

It's now faster for us to walk to the primary school than to drive and find parking.

There's resurfacing works scheduled on the Moyglare Road overnight this week.

Patser wrote:
    Fairly sure it was originally signposted around us in Moyglare Hall 'Works until October', then later extended til December and now you aay February.

Twas October but given we are well into November I wasn't going to bother mentioning....

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Unfortunately that's only between the secondary school and the church. The rest of the Moyglare Road will remain a mess!

Next week. 18th to 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

Not sure where else to post this, but whatever happened with the M4 resurfacing works? All I can find through google is a notice that the overnight closures were cancelled.

Not sure where else to post this, but whatever happened with the M4 resurfacing works? All I can find through google is a notice that the overnight closures were cancelled.

It seems they remembered they're widening the road in a few years and decided to hold on to the old surface until then.

Redsoxfan wrote:
    Next week. 18th to 22nd.

**** all happened as it turned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Notice gone up to say it's this week now.

• Advertisement

Resurfacing definitely taking place now, as just through through it. Big group at work on it, but still seems only to be at Church junction as far as end of Boys school

Advertisement