Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's another mobile/laptop repair place gone in to one of the kiosks in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

L1011 wrote: »
    There's another mobile/laptop repair place gone in to one of the kiosks in Tesco.

Grafton Barber too

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Heard today that the newtown inn has a buyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

beertons wrote: »
    Heard today that the newtown inn has a buyer.

I heard it's the McMahons

Orion wrote: »

Snap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Is that the crowd that own Caulfield's?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Caulfields was renamed to McMahon's a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

Snap.

I heard the same I wonder if they'll leave it as is or try and bring food etc into it that didnt work last time. I suppose the profit is to be made in the apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Didn't they buy Floods (besides BOI)?

Yes, and got permission for a restaurant but are sitting on that for now. Someones living in the house as far as I can tell which means its still being used anyway.

• Advertisement

I heard the same I wonder if they'll leave it as is or try and bring food etc into it that didnt work last time. I suppose the profit is to be made in the apartments.

Would make sense for apartments, seen as there's a national bed shortage. The guy managing it now is a chef by trade, and if he couldn't get it to work..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fmc3105

Anyone know what is going into the house on Main Street next to Ely? Nothing in planning permission in KCC about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Would make sense for apartments, seen as there's a national bed shortage. The guy managing it now is a chef by trade, and if he couldn't get it to work..
    I can never really see a restaurant working there, there's been many failed attempts, regardless of the quality of food.

a regular, street-facing chipper would do well at Newtown IMO. surrounded by lots of residential (including plenty of students), and easy to access on foot. plus plenty of passing vehicular traffic going out the Rathcoffey road.

Specsavers apparently opening in Manor Mills. I don't see this as all that useful when there's an existing professional operator in the centre already and its not like they're actually that cheap anyway. Might provide a little bit of competition, probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

There's a pop-up Mexican food stall in front of Tesco called "Tortilla". It does the usual stuff like burritos, nachos etc. Got a burrito yesterday and it was quite good. He'll only be there until the end of the year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

fmc3105 wrote: »
    Anyone know what is going into the house on Main Street next to Ely? Nothing in planning permission in KCC about it.
    I heard it's Ely expanding, just be a rumor so not sure.

Went to look for Mulcahys phone number (cause I haven't ordered the turkey/ham yet) and noticed they're trying to sell up:

https://www.myhome.ie/commercial/brochure/mulcahy-s-craft-butchers-greenfield-shopping-centre-maynooth-co-kildare/4317333

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

I heard it's Ely expanding, just be a rumor so not sure.

Student accommodation

RobTheLad wrote: »
    Student accommodation

Which is what I heard also - but that hasn't got planning permission either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Either Ely expanding or accommodation would require planning right? Can't see any application on the KCC site.

• Advertisement

Either Ely expanding or accommodation would require planning right? Can't see any application on the KCC site.

Yeah. I don't think there is an active permission for anything at all there currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

L1011 wrote: »
    Which is what I heard also - but that hasn't got planning permission either!

Heard whispers of dispute between residents adjacent and rear of the property. It's surprisingly still a very residential section of the main street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

https://www.facebook.com/163431644267189/posts/508814856395531

An Siopa Milseán is closing apparently.

That's a pity, that kind of shop brings some village character with it

Didn't realise the Vincents shop on the Main Street was gone either. That end of the street has a surprising number of empty units now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I read that Tesco have sold their fuel retailing business to DCC. So we might see a rebrand to Great Gas or other in the near future. Assume the model will be the same - fuel only.

Emo is DCCs stronger brand for full service and GreatGas for fuel only - generally not strict, three are GreatGas stations with shops.

There is planning for full shop use there now and the unit was built to house a small one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Is that all Tesco fuel, or just our one?

Speaking of Tesco, I noticed they have a PP sign up to move and expand the cafe (from May, but I hadn't spotted it before).

All Tesco forecourts

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

Was in Maynooth yesterday evening and Yeah Burger was closed, about 6.30. Christmas thing or are they gone ?.

Ended up getting food in McMachons and it was just ok.

Just been told the Maynooth branch closed till January 3rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Think they have a sign up saying closed for Christmas period, same with Coffee 4 beside them, and gadget shop on corner.

I suppose main business for them is students and the college - also closed up, can't even go in gates for a walk

Advertisement