Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Orion wrote: »
    I think this is the third time he's put it up for sale.

I'll be very upset if Gerry closes, literally been going to him for the guts of 20years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

There's a new Fusion restaurant opening on Main Street this Friday according to an ad on the back page of the Champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Quick google found this

https://facebook.com/pages/category/Indian-Restaurant/Fusion-Restaurant-Maynooth-105379451016836/

Edit: Looks like a relaunch/rebranding of MaMs Indian at the back of the Londis on Main St. Photis on facebook show a connecting door into the store.

Still €19 for a fillet steak not to be sniffed at

Specsavers is open now.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Orion wrote: »
    I think this is the third time he's put it up for sale.

Only ever been up for sale the once, the ads have been up and down for updates though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Builders/shopfitters/something in the Main Street former Vincents today.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

L1011 wrote: »
    Builders/shopfitters/something in the Main Street former Vincents today.

Saw this as well, no idea what's going on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I see Grafton Barbers have their Dublin prices. I'll be giving them a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fmc3105

The new Fusion Restaurant is in where the photocopying/faxing place used be on Buckley's Lane.

An incomplete/invalid planning app went in for a container based Dutch fries outlet at Circle K - https://bramsfrites.nl/ - have a branch at the Artane Circle K as their only one outside continental Europe.

I'd be delighted with this; but my coronary arteries would not!

• Advertisement

Looks like the vets at Tesco want to extend in to the former Occasions unit as well now, planning app in but no documents yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭boardbeer

[PHP][/PHP]
    An incomplete/invalid planning app went in for a container based Dutch fries outlet at Circle K - https://bramsfrites.nl/ - have a branch at the Artane Circle K as their only one outside continental Europe.

I'd be delighted with this; but my coronary arteries would not!
    Bitterballen!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭boardbeer

There's a new Fusion restaurant opening on Main Street this Friday according to an ad on the back page of the Champion.
    Been a couple of times now, and it's some of the nicest Indian food I've tasted, outside of, well, India. Quite different offerings from the the usual, and despite being cooked in the back of Londis, very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

always got a great takeaway from Mams, so looking forward to checking out the restaurant soon

https://www.facebook.com/Fusion-Restaurant-Maynooth-105379451016836/

Looks like the vets at Tesco want to extend in to the former Occasions unit as well now, planning app in but no documents yet.

Its actually the former Occasions *and* the CEP/Newsletter offices. Where they're going to go I don't know.

A Leonidas and coffee shop has opened in one of the pods in Tesco now, missed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Something off topic but anyone any info of businness closures in maynooth due to covid 19? Was down in tesco earlier an the amount of people in obriens and mcdonalds was scary
    Also pubs doing a decent trade. Should be ashamed of themselves at this point.

O'Neills, Oak Alley/Donatellos, Picaderos, Avenue are all closing at 5 this evening and staying closed for the duration; I imagine others will join but those are the ones I've seen online.

Stone Haven, Bistro 53 and Willow and Wild too

I had actually seen and forgotten the Bistro 53 message at the time of my post now that I think of it.

All pubs are being closed by the state now anyway. Donatello's is in fact a pub so would have been hit had they not already closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Bradys closing.
    Elite closing the seating area but open for take out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

O'Neills, Oak Alley/Donatellos, Picaderos, Avenue are all closing at 5 this evening and staying closed for the duration; I imagine others will join but those are the ones I've seen online.

Brady's closed the doors at 7 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Kin Khao is closed now for sit ins but open for take aways and deliveries.

Shops in Manor Mills starting to close - Carrig Donn and Sweetpea so far.

Anyone recommend a plasterer for a small job?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Folks please dont post anything that is defamatory about local businesses.

Was at Coyne's yesterday and Declan was saying that his business is up a lot - up every day. Delighted to hear it. Great meat from him and a lovely guy.

He's serving from a table at the door. Red tape box enforcing social distancing at the door and in the queue everyone doing the same all in good spirit.

Queue for Coynes on Saturday was substantial, and Mastersons was also rather busy. I suspect people being at home more is encouraging them to cook from scratch more; as well as people avoiding supermarkets

Still wish Coynes hadn't gone to the primarily prepacked setup, but the store did need a refurb of some kind.

Anyone else hearing a lot of sirens today?

• Advertisement

I Love Organic is moving to the old KnB/Sugar sisters shop.

Advertisement