Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Orion wrote: »
    I Love Organic is moving to the old KnB/Sugar sisters shop.

Much better location visibility wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Any update on the gym going into the unit beside Boots?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Planning went to a further info request, not back yet (or not scanned yet).

You'd be mad to continue with a gym project in a relatively small unit at the moment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Ah crap. Spent a decent bit there on old games and the odd record.

The one gaming thing I would have got there and had to get on eBay during the lockdown arrived faulty and is turning in a refund nightmare - that wouldn't have happened there or would have been sorted same day if somehow it did.

• Advertisement

Did a bit of a Facebook trawl to see if there were any dates for some food places reopening

Yeahburgr is giving the 25th
    Roost is the 29th
    Kin Khao are targeting July 1st.

Think everywhere else is open for takeaway at least some days currently.

Was in Manor Mills shortly after non-essential-opening this morning.

Easons is still closed (down as week commencing 22nd on the website), as is Elverys - and indeed the Maynooth store is not on their store list anymore; which I hope is an oversight only.

Was deathly quiet with no queues for any of the shops; which was handy but isn't a good sign for the shops! Similar down at Tesco/Carton Park though so possibly Wednesday morning is just quiet everywhere.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

L1011 wrote: »
    Was deathly quiet with no queues for any of the shops; which was handy but isn't a good sign for the shops

Sounds like every other Wednesday in there to be honest.

I could never understand why any retailer would ever consider the rents in there for the footfall the place gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

McMahons serving pints and families and others sitting in the square having a drink. Very civilised also. Hopefully the council gives pubs space to operate on street seating areas. It would be great for the town. I wont hold my breath anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

McMahons serving pints and families and others sitting in the square having a drink. Very civilised also. Hopefully the council gives pubs space to operate on street seating areas. It would be great for the town. I wont hold my breath anyway.

How are they getting away with that?

• Advertisement

The council have waived fees for tables but you do still need to apply.

Blind eye is being turned to the pints; not worth the enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

How are they getting away with that?

Thats old news, its been like that for over 3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Thats old news, its been like that for over 3 weeks.

Since the bank holiday anyway. If people want to drink in the square let them at it but the mess some of them leave behind is disgraceful. Use the bloody bins lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The bins in the square were overflowing on Sunday afternoon when I passed. the ones outside Supermac weren't full though.

Law is that you need to consume 100m from the premises, and payment can't be taken on premises, both of which are being broken, but as said it's hardly worth the hassle. Not like there's any Gardai in the town most of the time anyway....

Emmas back open for takeout, not sure if that's recent as I wasn't down in the Glenroyal for a few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Emma's is open for sit in and takeout. Was talking to her this evening.

Anyone recommend a good builder in Maynooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Anyone recommend a good builder in Maynooth?

https://www.westwoodconstruction.ie/

mloc123 wrote: »

Any experience with them or know of anyone who had work done?

Any experience with them or know of anyone who had work done?

Yup, got them to do some work for us last year... knocking two rooms into one, widening an existing patio door and installing a large slider etc..

Very happy with the work and good to deal with, would recommend to anyone.

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote: »
    Yup, got them to do some work for us last year... knocking two rooms into one, widening an existing patio door and installing a large slider etc..

Very happy with the work and good to deal with, would recommend to anyone.

Cheers thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TragicJohnson

There's a new place opening in the old Chill location in Manor Mills, Sasta by the river.

https://www.facebook.com/sastabytheriver/

Chill was the longest lasting operator there I believe, its never been a great unit because people don't go down the river side and don't notice from the inside. Was meant to be a pub beside it (where the VEC are) and more outdoor seating etc - never happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Yeah, anything in that unit seems to be doomed to failure, however I really hope that isn't the case with this new place. In general, that whole area is a great space and I often think a lot more could be done to entice people down there which would help footfall-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 washburn73

There's a new place opening in the old Chill location in Manor Mills, Sasta by the river.

https://www.facebook.com/sastabytheriver/

Great news.

After losing a few shops from Main Street (Siopa Milsean, SVdP, XpressFix, Barbers & Dry Cleaners) as well as the Duke & Coachman being closed, it's good to see some sort of reversal of that trend.

By the way, I see a 'Lease Agreed' sign in the XpressFix unit on the corner - any idea what's happening with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Is elverys permanently gone?

Its gone off their website, has been for weeks so I assumed so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Any recommendations for the following locally?

Plumber/tiler - to do a small renovation (toilet, sink, tiles) understairs wc

Plasterer - to skim a patch of ceiling.

Gutter repairs

Redsoxfan wrote: »

Gutter repairs

http://fasciaandsoffit.ie/contact-us/

He can be a bit hard to get in contact with, but nice genuine guy.

• Advertisement

Another planning app gone in for the frites shack at Circle K

For retaining any remaining chance I have of not getting a heart attack, I oppose this :pac:

Advertisement