Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,803 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Files are scanned now

34 apartments, three new shops, minus 40 parking spaces - as in that's what they're taking from the existing

There isn't a hope in hell that can pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

L1011 wrote: »
    34 apartments, three new shops, minus 40 parking spaces - as in that's what they're taking from the existing

There isn't a hope in hell that can pass.

A development of that magnitude would need an underground car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

New place called Shaking Tang open in the Mall, next to Beetroot and Meridian 16, doing Chinese style street food and tea/bubble tea:

https://goo.gl/maps/k9DF5gft5XkFkURQ8
    https://goo.gl/maps/s5UGMzEvVxJwA7YYA

• Advertisement

To say the Greenfield proposal hasn't gone down well would be an understatement, going on the planning file. Lengthy, technical submissions put in by residents, councillors, one of the existing shops and Maxol - the latter two using professional planning consultants.

Permission refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

Permission refused.
    That was really quick?

Its a week before the deadline, so not that early.

Two fairly minor things:

1: The train station shop is open again, I presume 7-5 or whatever the old times were - handy if you're out for a walk during the day by the canal even if you're not taking the train
    2: The PTSB branch is listed to lose cash services imminently, with Liffey Valley given as the replacement branch. It'll still be open for other services but this is generally stage one of a branch closure...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Two fairly minor things:

1: The train station shop is open again, I presume 7-5 or whatever the old times were - handy if you're out for a walk during the day by the canal even if you're not taking the train
    2: The PTSB branch is listed to lose cash services imminently, with Liffey Valley given as the replacement branch. It'll still be open for other services but this is generally stage one of a branch closure...

Handy to know thanks as been thinking about where to move to from UB so will keep that in mind

Extension of duration request in for the permission to convert Ivy House (Flood House) to a restaurant submitted. Doesn't feel like that was five years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭NetworkOrange

New cafe open on Pound lane called Lily's. Its has a hatch open on the side of the taxy place. Does coffee, ice-creams and snacks. Bought a bubble waffle from there and it was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

New cafe open on Pound lane called Lily's. Its has a hatch open on the side of the taxy place. Does coffee, ice-creams and snacks. Bought a bubble waffle from there and it was nice.

Had a coffee and a bubble waffle, both were really good. Bubble waffle was great, and the coffee was really nice, I find it hard to get a nice Americano in the town, but this place had it. Really good, will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭NetworkOrange

Staplor wrote: »
    Had a coffee and a bubble waffle, both were really good. Bubble waffle was great, and the coffee was really nice, I find it hard to get a nice Americano in the town, but this place had it. Really good, will be back.

I think it might be Bewley's coffee from over hearing someone talking about it.

Don't know to be honest, but it was really good. Will be my go to spot, the fact it's off the main street is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Sasta took over the space that was the Bagel Factory in Manor Mills. Got a sandwich from there today. Absolutely delicious.

Have they retained the larger space too? For when we're allowed eat in that is

I believe you can get the Bagel Factory products in O'Brien's

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Have they retained the larger space too? For when we're allowed eat in that is

I believe you can get the Bagel Factory products in O'Brien's

Yes, they are keeping the larger space as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Staplor wrote: »
    Don't know to be honest, but it was really good. Will be my go to spot, the fact it's off the main street is a bonus.

Best Coffee in the town is Brewery opposite the square for me.

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    Best Coffee in the town is Brewery opposite the square for me.

That place is good, not quite what it was. The Elite is surprisingly good. Judging on a plain americano. I'm not big on the fancy bits.

Planning in to expand what was Cafe Bon Bon in to another unit - I'm presuming where the Post Office was about fifteen years ago, as the drawings aren't up yet; to continue use as a cafe.

Planning in for a few changes to the Certa/former Tesco petrol station - car wash, pay per use waste compactors, solar panels on the roofs.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭AnswerIs42

Does anyone know what the story is with the swimming pool planned for Maynooth?

I know they applied in 2019 for the LSSIF grant to fund it but no idea if they were successful or not.

Wasn't granted. Department seem to just utterly dislike the idea of it being a joint venture with MU.

An application for 1M for design only was also rejected this year, appealed and I can't find out how the appeal went but I suspect it was another no.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭AnswerIs42

Thanks for that info.

Guess we'll be waiting another few decades for progress on this

Only a few decades after the "we'll get one at the Leixlip Amenities soon..." thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Is there anything planned for the unit beside Boots, or any work being done on it?
    Was supposed to be a gym and fit out started last summer, but haven't seen anything happening with it since then, and there's still a "For Rent" sign on the window....

The gym is the last public plan for it. That chain has built out other gyms so could be back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Ate in Bistro 53 on Friday night.

We asked for plain tap water, but they refused, only offered bottled.

Just curious, was this always the case and do any other restaurants in Maynooth have a similar policy?

Advertisement