Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

I posted about that before. It's awful and not in keeping with the planning permission.

Open windows would even help. Ventilation is certainly an issue. The pizza is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Walked down the Main St earlier today and seemed to be work going on in the spot next to L'Art du Chocolat - I think it was a dry cleaners previously? Before my time in Maynooth anyway. Be nice if there and the shop next door to it weren't vacant anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Was a dry cleaner, and a barber beside it, but both closed for quite some time. Roof came in on that unit a while ago and it's been under a slow rebuild since.

Would be nice for the old Kiernans/Siopa Milsean to have something in it; I think it has been sold finally now.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭farmingquestion

Have never had Camile thai so checked the menu in the lucan spot and the prices are insane.

I'm not even sure it includes noodles, that you need to buy seperate? 15 euro for a red curry.

Maybe the portions are enormous and would serve two people?

• Advertisement

There is was a two person portion for close to €10 each maybe €12 or so.

Post edited by OwlsZat on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭wally79

It’s €2 for noodles and Jasmine rice is free. Almost exactly the same price as red torch and €2 dearer than Lana

Prices seem to be on a par with others

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Portions are probably on the bigger side of average. The reason for the prices though is that it's billed as 'healthy takeaway'. You can get a main there that has under 500 calories and most mains are well under 1000 (compared with 2000+ for a standard Chinese). It's far nicer than your standard takeaway but I found the wait times at the Lucan branch really annoying. You'd be told half an hour only to be waiting 40+ mins and delivery then was even worse. Haven't eaten out of there in ages now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

Likewise looking forward to Camile Thai being a lot closer. I once had a Lucan delivery arrive an hour late (20:00), even though I'd ordered it two hours earlier (18:00) to be delivered at 19:00.

It's very tasty, relatively healthy and dairy free.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭vafankillar

dam the limited edition spicy nduja pizza is gone from dominos, now i dont even care when it opens lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭crl84

Not sure if it's a fault, or deliberately off, but the COSTA COFFEE sign hasn't been illuminated the last 2 nights I've driven by.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Saw that. It almost looks closed which is a bit silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Had there been a few complaints I wonder? That must be a nightmare for some of the houses around that area when it's dark.

Possibly. I know GAA clubs in the area are having trouble with residents and floodlights. Residents seem to miss the fact that if kids aren't up involved in that they could be involved in anti social carry on in the estates instead. Can't win with some people.

The sign at Costa is overly big though. NO harm in a smaller one.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Crazy that people are complaining about the floodlights!

Lots of work going on behind The Red Door off Main St - I think thats gonna become apartments, will The Red Door be apartments too?

Costa have permission for much smaller signs, they just completely and utterly breached it with the ridiculous yokes that are there. They may think that turning off the lights will be enough to mollify KCC planning. And it probably will

The LA/Mantra/Cathedral/Duke and Coachmen/Red Door redevelopment is to retain a smaller, licenced restaurant in the old bar area area. The bulk of the space including the entire nightclub, old smoking area, old kitchens out the back etc is become student accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I remember when it was Mantra and the students would be queuing up outside at night. Now they'll be queuing up for a different reason. How times have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I saw that they had removed the sign. But it wasn't looking like a shop at all.

Now I don't know. Anyone have any ideas if the shop will go ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rockbooper

Anyone know when the Dominos is going to open? Logo has been up on the unit for a few weeks and sign in the train station said mid-Feb but nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Shouldn't be long now. I applied for a delivery driver job there. I need the 3rd job to be able to live in Maynooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭tnegun

A change of use planning application is in for the shop unit in Moyglare Hall to be converted to a Montessori. It's better than a shop and badly needed in the area but it's an awful location for it with little to no parking/turning/drop off facilities and will just add to the queues of traffic from the Secondary Schools and people skipping traffic on the Moyglare road that now pass through the estate.

Amber Tree and Nutmeg both still closed at lunch time today.

Vintage clothes shop going in the tiny unit downstairs in Manor Mills

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

Never tried Amber Tree but Nutmeg was a brilliant. Very nice food and lovely staff. Miss it a lot even though it wasn't there for that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

And it's not a particularly big unit either. It's annoying where there was a site in the estate allocated for the Montessori already, with plenty of parking space. But the builder didn't bother building it, as it wouldn't gain him a few more apartments/houses.

Yup and the cynic in me believes that if this is granted the first thing the builder will do is submit an application to have the creche condition on the original planning removed and build houses on the site reserved for it.

Had gra pizza yesterday. Poor enough. Sugary tomato sauce and small portion for 13 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

The Montessori in Moyglare Abbey is closing in June so the new Montessori will be just filling the gap created by that one closing unfortunately. I understand the hours proposed will be 8.30am to 11.30am so it will be busy on the Moyglare Road at the drop off time with the secondary schools starting at 8.48 and Gaelscoil Ruairí starting at 8.30. Moyglare Hall has so many young families that I'd say a lot of people going there will not need to drive though.

I've witnessed the chaos firsthand at Wiseowl in Moyglare Abby with both the morning and afternoon classes. 20-30 cars will arrive on a residential street at the same time with no capacity for it and this will be replicated 4 times a day in Moyglare hall. This site has completely inadequate pedestrian access, no cycling facilities, no public transport, just 3 shared parking spaces that are already in constant use, on-street parking narrowing the road to a single lane, no turning facilities that will push traffic deeper into the estate to turn/rat run, poor street lighting and that's just from casual observation so no doubt plenty more issues. There are plenty of school-going kids in Moyglare who already have to contend with crap infrastructure and their estate being used as a rat run for the 3 schools adding the Montessori traffic to the mix without substantial improvement works is insane. Can anyone find the submission on the KCC site? Apart from the sign posted in the window saying it was submitted on the 28th, I can't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭D_s

Hoarding gone up around the Zambrero burrito place at Manor Mills for fit-out, hopefully not long now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

Advertisement