Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shop Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sweensie

MYOB wrote: »
    Long closed.
    Oh what a pity. Thanks for replying so quickly. Looks like I'll be looking further afield for the bike I want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

The owner got very ill and his son had no interest in keeping it going unfortunately. Is the bike shop in Celbridge gone?

Wheelworx in Lucan is good or for a more personal relationship I bought one of my bikes from Stagg Cycles in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭SQ2

Plenty of work going on in Mamma Mia over the last few days, sign was coming off this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Think I saw a new charity shop across from Charter House today, in the unit Imprinta used to be in before they moved... was driving past though so didn't get much of a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

Think I saw a new charity shop across from Charter House today, in the unit Imprinta used to be in before they moved... was driving past though so didn't get much of a look!

Yea, it is a charity shop. Noticed it last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Drove past it this morning, "Jay Jay", supporting the work of the Irish Children's Trust.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

I dont know about the Jay Jay in Maynooth but the one in Naas only gives 20% of the money to charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,548 ✭✭✭✭L1011

County seems to be getting full of "Charity" shops run as businesses or run with extremely odd basises (e.g. giving cash to random people the owner picks). Would suggest people should support the pre-existing ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭2011abc

County seems to be getting full of "Charity" shops run as businesses or run with extremely odd basises (e.g. giving cash to random people the owner picks).

Sheesh !Tell me where to apply!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Hey guys, where is the fish shop in maynooth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

In the Glenroyal Centre opposite Supervalue.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Councillor

Great quality fish and a fantastic selection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

They're doing a serious trade on the cook in the bag fish which is brilliant. They put the fish and a sauce in a bag, you put it on an oven tray and cook it for 20 mins, no mess.

Nice lads there too, a couple of weeks ago I got brave and bought mussels, they talked me through how to cook them.

Fish is now being eaten in my house at least twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Thanks a mill guys, couldn't remember for the life of me where I saw it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There is another new shop in Manor Mills opening soon saw the signs in the window this morning.

http://www.facebook.com/Tigerstores.ie

Been in Tiger in Denmark a bit. Its not fantastic - it is effectively an upmarked pound shop - but a town with full units is always better than one without. And its classier than a Dealz.

The mens clothes shop in Manor Mills that said it was closing has changed its name and stayed open.

Been in Tiger in Denmark a bit. Its not fantastic - it is effectively an upmarked pound shop - but a town with full units is always better than one without. And its classier than a Dealz.

The mens clothes shop in Manor Mills that said it was closing has changed its name and stayed open.

There's one upstairs in the whitewater, a bit Ikea-ish. Bright and fun, plenty of stuff you don't need but will probably buy because it's only a euro!

Appeared to be work going on in the Mill Wine Cellar today.

Moving stuff out rather than in I think. Good work going on at 53, the former Mama Mias

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Greene's is going to be a new bistro. Was talking to the guy who's taking over the lease - he hopes to be open for the Irish Open in June. Local lad who works in another bistro elsewhere currently - I've it on good authority that he does a savage steak so I'm looking forward to this.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to that steak so, O'Neills do a beaut, and Avenue good too! Caulfields was being gutted yesterday, opening soon under new ownership according to the sign yesterday. Whats happening in Floods old betting shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭2011abc

Orion wrote: »
    Greene's is going to be a new bistro. Was talking to the guy who's taking over the lease - he hopes to be open for the Irish Open in June. Local lad who works in another bistro elsewhere currently - I've it on good authority that he does a savage steak so I'm looking forward to this.

Long time to be shut...out of sight , out of mind .Loved Greenes ,presumably steaks will be dear :-(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I ate in greenes once and was extremely unimpressed.
    Has the new shop opened in Manor Mills yet? Tiger.
    I was in the one in Newry during the week and it had some cute stuff but I am not sure if it will last here.

JeMeills hairdressers on the main street is the latest business to close by the look of it

Not good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Bistro 53 appears to be open this evening.

High rental costs in Maynooth is the main reason for shops closing down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭TheBody

SQ2 wrote: »
    JeMeills hairdressers on the main street is the latest business to close by the look of it

That's mad. They were in business a good few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eimhin.ennis

Bistro 53 appears to be open this evening.

Went there yesterday, seriously good fillet steak - beats the stonehaven and avenue hands-down on that front. We didn't have a starter and desserts weren't great but service was good and they were looking for feedback on absolutely everything, he said twas only their 3rd day open. Would recommend.

• Advertisement

€27 for the fillet I heard plus the cost of your side dish, a bit "Celtic Tiger", no?

Advertisement