Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lt.Buck Compton, Easy Co. 506th PIR

• 27-02-2012 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Sad to report that Lynn 'Buck' Compton of the famous Band of Brothers has passed on.

In a remarkable life he fought in Normandy, Holland and Belgium, then went on to serve as a policeman,dectective, District Attorney and Judge.

May he Rest in Peace.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭Rangi

I didn't realise he served as lead prsoecutor in the Sirhan Sirhan case either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

on the subject has anyone read 'Beyond Band of Brothers' . I flicked through it and most of the pictures seem to be the same as 'Band of brothers'. much of a muchness or a completely different book?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Very few of them left now but still sad. I was particularly interested in him as the actor who played him, Neal McDonough, is a first cousin of a good friend of mine (Neal's mother came from Clifden).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Rangi wrote: »
    I didn't realise he served as lead prsoecutor in the Sirhan Sirhan case either.

It mentions it at the end of the series.
    ollaetta wrote: »
    Very few of them left now but still sad. I was particularly interested in him as the actor who played him, Neal McDonough, is a first cousin of a good friend of mine (Neal's mother came from Clifden).

31 left which is remarkable since they range from 86-94. It will be interesting to see if Vietnam vets have that longevity. Of the 31 alive the more notable from the TV series still alive are:

William Guarnere
    Edward Heffron
    Joseph Lesniewski
    Donald Malarkey
    Frank Perconte

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Fuinseog wrote: »
    on the subject has anyone read 'Beyond Band of Brothers' . I flicked through it and most of the pictures seem to be the same as 'Band of brothers'. much of a muchness or a completely different book?

No its a completely different book, "Beyond Band of Brothers" is an excellant book about Major Winter's war time experiences. For further information on his life before during and after the war you should read "Biggest Brother..." by Larry Alexander.

http://books.google.ie/books/about/Biggest_Brother.html?id=J9KDEkQVgNsC&redir_esc=y

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

I

William Guarnere
    Edward Heffron
    Joseph Lesniewski
    Donald Malarkey
    Frank Perconte

As well as Ed Tipper and Ed Shames.

Advertisement