Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Dublin restaurant for international group of colleagues

Options
  • 27-02-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

We are having a meeting with colleagues from around Europe and I'd like to organise a meal out for the group somewhere in Dublin. Would anyone know anywhere nice and tasty that fits the following criteria

1) Could comfortably seat about 15 people
    2) Not ethnic food (thai, indian etc.) because I doubt they want to come to Ireland to eat Chinese etc.
    3) very reasonable/good value (budget is small!)
    4) Has a group/set menu (we want to put it as part of the cost of the whole conference so we don't want people ordering a la carte)

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,369 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I brought a Scottish pal who lives in Vienna, a French lady and an American colleague of theirs to FXBs in Parkgate Street, and they all raved about it. They have a set menu, an early bird menu, and a huge a la carte menu.

Very good value IMO, I'm a big fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Crackbird on Dame Street where Fan's used to be. Cool, funky, vibrant spot, only serve chiccken, sides and salads but all irish sourced, cooked fresh, etc. Might give them a bell about a large table, but early in the week you'd probably have a good shot. Soy & Garlic whole chicken is the bomb (between a few people of course).....
    Or if you want Irish, Gallagher's in Temple Bar or Fire on Dawson Street, again, depends on what day of the week, may get better early birds, deals etc.
    Have a good one though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

PauloConn wrote: »
    Might give them a bell about a large table
    They don't take bookings.

I've always found Café Boulevard good for this sort of thing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The Farm on Dawson St have some bigger tables in the back I think. Really good quality Irish style food and good value.

edit: Just checked their website and their set menu looks pretty good: http://www.thefarmrestaurant.ie/menu.aspx?menuid=11524

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Pizza Stop or Little Ceasers

• Advertisement
Advertisement