Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feed shrubs?

Options
  • 27-02-2012 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I have just pruned my shrubs back - can anyone tell me, should I now feed them with something like 'tree and shrub' fertiliser? Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

The range of Fertilisers now available is mind boggling: natural or synthetic, organic or slow-release etc etc Any general garden fertiliser will do fine. Some gardeners may have their favourites (pellets, granular or liquid)?

I prefer to use organic as much as possible eg Fish, Bone & Blood or Chicken pellets. But for routine feeding Miracle Gro is excellent (tip: dilute with harvested rain water and before applying any fertiliser, wet the area first before applying feed).

Advertisement