Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumped German Shepard / Alistation - Laytown/Meath

Options
  • 27-02-2012 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Hi

A friend witnessed a "man" dump his dog at laytown train station car park at the weekend. Initially thought he was letting her go for a run as it backs onto beach. she was there all weekend.

She is a German Shepard / Alistation dog. About 18-24 months. Been told a bit underweight. Very friendly and likes kids. My partner took her home today to feed and left her asleep in my dogs kennel. I arrived home two hours later and she managed to jump a 6ft wall. My nephew told me he saw her in the secondary school. We bought her a collar today (blue) but no name on it.

Drove all around and couldnt find her. Left name and number in school.

If anyone sights her please let me know? We won't be able to take her full time but may be able to find a home. she is v friendly so if you can keep hold until I can get to you

If the a hole who dumped her is reading this, I really hope you get what you deserve. No excuse to do that.

I have one (bad) pic that I will try to upload later.

Will post in meath forum too

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SmoMo

Are there any news on this one?Did you find the dog?I wonder what`s going on in some peoples head,dumping an innocent dog.Just makes me sick.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

SmoMo wrote: »
    Are there any news on this one?Did you find the dog?I wonder what`s going on in some peoples head,dumping an innocent dog.Just makes me sick.:mad:

Hi. No unfortunately no word.

Rang the pound and they don't have her. Though she had also been reported by a couple of people who saw her straying.

It sickens me. I wish the government would do more about the animal crisis in Ireland. It's crazy. I don't think half the country realise it is so bad. Owners need to be tracked and made responsible for their actions

I just don't know how anyone can just dump an animal. I couldn't live with myself if I did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SmoMo

Thanks for the update even if it's a sad one.I really do hope the poor dog is ok.The government doesn't care they can't even handle themselves so the people can keep on going to be cruel to animals.Most people don't like to get involved cause it's easier to turn a blind eye.We live in a sick world these days.And i'm afraid it's not getting better.Maybe she will turn up again by surprise.Fair play to you cause you have tried your best to safe the dogs life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭bubbuz

Ah fair play to you for taking her in and at least trying, I really do hope she turns up, shepherds are my favorite breed, such beautiful dogs. The a*** hole who dumped her should be shot, it sickens me. Only a few weeks ago we picked up a terrier pup no bigger than my hand, he was running across the lanes of a MOTORWAY, obviously also dumped, he was petrified, he's now nicely settled here in front of a warm fire alongside my rescue greyhound and cross breed and having a whale of a time playing with the 2 kittens I found also dumped by a busy road here in Kerry..... B***ARDS..... grrrrr it makes my blood boil. Ah I really do wish you all the luck in finding her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭gipi

I thought I read something about this dog on the Drogheda Animal Rescue facebk page - maybe you could post there and ask?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

frogstar wrote: »
    Hi

A friend witnessed a "man" dump his dog at laytown train station car park at the weekend. Initially thought he was letting her go for a run as it backs onto beach. she was there all weekend.

She is a German Shepard / Alistation dog. About 18-24 months. Been told a bit underweight. Very friendly and likes kids. My partner took her home today to feed and left her asleep in my dogs kennel. I arrived home two hours later and she managed to jump a 6ft wall. My nephew told me he saw her in the secondary school. We bought her a collar today (blue) but no name on it.

Drove all around and couldnt find her. Left name and number in school.

If anyone sights her please let me know? We won't be able to take her full time but may be able to find a home. she is v friendly so if you can keep hold until I can get to you

If the a hole who dumped her is reading this, I really hope you get what you deserve. No excuse to do that.

I have one (bad) pic that I will try to upload later.

Will post in meath forum too

Thanks

Some people are unreal. Am looking into getting a dog myself and then you have scum that do this, I don't understand some people.

Advertisement