Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS Dublin-Kells 5days for (Blurb Books)

Options
  • 27-02-2012 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

It looks like the "normal delivery" of books from "Blurb" (Eindhoven) has an in-built UPS delivery delay to allow for Irish courier errors, as my small parcel arrived in Dublin five days ago (Thur Feb 23rd)and has not yet made it to my home 40Kms away. Blurb did give me (March the 3rd) as the delivery date which was fine by me as I was not in any hurry, but I was given that same time span before and that delivery arrived within seven days.

I just peeked at the UPS tracking information by chance and saw how expedient the service from Holland to Dublin was and then it fell into the labyrinth of the rural abyss, as though their vans come under governor control outside The Pale.

I'm still not in any hurry, but I would like to know what the f*** is going on when it takes so long to make a delivery of a small package over such a short distance. The usual apology for not delivering on the Thurs. was offered and then the promise that it would be delivered tomorrow by "PRIORITY":rolleyes: came next.

Take my advice if you want a "normal delivery" then pay for the faster delivery and "it will arrive by FEDEX.(Blurb) and even faster again if you can give them a P.O.Box no."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Earthnohow wrote: »
    It looks like the "normal delivery" of books from "Blurb" (Eindhoven) has an in-built UPS delivery delay to allow for Irish courier errors, as my small parcel arrived in Dublin five days ago (Thur Feb 23rd)and has not yet made it to my home 40Kms away. Blurb did give me (March the 3rd) as the delivery date which was fine by me as I was not in any hurry, but I was given that same time span before and that delivery arrived within seven days.

I just peeked at the UPS tracking information by chance and saw how expedient the service from Holland to Dublin was and then it fell into the labyrinth of the rural abyss, as though their vans come under governor control outside The Pale.

I'm still not in any hurry, but I would like to know what the f*** is going on when it takes so long to make a delivery of a small package over such a short distance. The usual apology for not delivering on the Thurs. was offered and then the promise that it would be delivered tomorrow by "PRIORITY":rolleyes: came next.

Take my advice if you want a "normal delivery" then pay for the faster delivery and "it will arrive by FEDEX.(Blurb) and even faster again if you can give them a P.O.Box no."

Where's the consumer issue :confused: ?

I can't understand why you're getting so worked up wanting to know what "the f*** is going on", you're getting the service you agreed to, i.e. delivery by 3rd March ... a full 5 days away.

It reads like you're agreeing to "normal delivery" but expecting "priority" service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Its really as simple as the UOS service you paid for.

UPS ahve x number of vans on the road and depending on what level of service is paid for your item may / may not be on the next available van.

Prioity packages, ahem, get priority and a route is completed by a fairly intese computer programme allowing for journey times between all the various priortised packages, sometime, even if the van is in your area, it won't be on it even if the package is in Dublin as it could delay their priority service and your package is not due for delivery until day 5 anyway.

For this service (probably free or very low cost to you from the sender) UPS charge a much lower fee as it can fill up gaps they have and they have up to 3 extra days to do the delivery.

You want it quicker - pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,289 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Earthnohow wrote: »
    IBlurb did give me (March the 3rd) as the delivery date

You're complaining because UPS haven't delivered your package 3 days early?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Coincidentally, I ordered a Logitech keyboard/mouse, and this also left Holland on 23rd with UPS "standard delivery". I got it this morning in North Kerry, via Dublin, then Shannon, and then by man in un-marked van.

Advertisement