Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about moving to Bray

• 27-02-2012 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I am thinking about moving to Bray, I have seen 2 apartments that are nice. Rivervale Upper Dargle Road and La Vallee on the same road by the looks of it. A few questions:

How far from train station?
    Bus service good? into Dublin or Bray?
    How long would it take to walk into Bray and dart station?
    Apartments noise wise? as in hope you cant hear your next door neighbour
    Visitor Parking good?

Also can anyone recommend apartments to the same standard near the Dart Station :) thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

It’s a fair walk to the Dart station from there and not a very nice walk on a wet winters evening. I don’t think the bus service is all that regular, someone else can hopefully be more sure on that. Probably about 20 minutes maybe a bit more walk to the Dart. You could try The Headlands off the Putland Road, Aubrey Court or Southpoint both just off the Main Street and all about 10 minutes walk to the Dart. Headlands will have better guest parking availability than the other two but there is plenty of on street (pay) parking nearby the others. I’ve not stayed in any of them so cant comment on the build quality though. I’ve just seen also Martello Manor, Strand Road there is one on Daft. These are older apartments but very close to Dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Caroline_T

thanks John for all that info i will check them out. :)

I was on google map just there and its defo a good walk and a bit out of the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Caroline_T wrote: »
    I am thinking about moving to Bray, I have seen 2 apartments that are nice. Rivervale Upper Dargle Road and La Vallee on the same road by the looks of it. A few questions:

How far from train station?
    Bus service good? into Dublin or Bray?
    How long would it take to walk into Bray and dart station?
    Apartments noise wise? as in hope you cant hear your next door neighbour
    Visitor Parking good?

Also can anyone recommend apartments to the same standard near the Dart Station :) thanks a million
    Lovely apartments, both have good visitor parking (rivervale has a shopping centre parking accross the road and la vallee has parking in it's grounds).
    It's a bit of a walk to the train station, takes me about 20/25 minutes- lovely in summer/dry weather, sucks in rain or, god forbid, snow. There's a bus that goes along that road from the train station but the buses into town etc only go along the main street so you'd still be walking if you wanted to get them.
    Best thing to do would be go out, see the apartments and see if you could stick the distance to the station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Both those apartments are nice but would be a good distance from the main street/DART. If you would like to move to Bray and are going to be commuting into town then you should probably be looking at the places Johndigital mentioned plus other places that are located in the main street like Kevins square, Novara avenue, Sidmonton, along the seafront or even the maltings.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Caroline_T

thanks a million foxy06 and bubblefett for all that info. I will look up them areas now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 grantiemcfc

hi caroline, the main street is about 15 min walk down along the dargle, with the train station another 5 min from there there is a bus stop just opposite rivervale that will bring you to the train station. Them apartment are right beside the m50 which is pretty handy to get up to shoreline or the retail park at southern cross as well. I think rivervale is a little bit older than lavallee so probably a little bit better built. pretty solid. just checked my home rivervale looks a good bit bigger 65m2 compared to 53m2

Advertisement