Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend in/around Dublin - driving and parking advice needed please????

Options
  • 27-02-2012 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭

First of all I mods can you check if I am in the most appropriate forum please?? Its difficult to know sometimes.

So, i am going to Dublin (and Meath) for a few days and I am trying to figure out whether or not I should take the car or use public transport??:confused:

So here is the situation:
    Day 1 - getting from Cork to Dublin - staying in Dundrum that night.
    Day 2 - meeting people in and around the city - not sure where yet, then staying in Julianstown (co. meath) that night.
    Day 3. Back to the city, meeting more people and then and staying in Drimmnagh that night.
    Day 4 - Back to Cork.

So, I am not very familiar with driving around Dublin, but I will have a sat nav.

So I would like to take the car, but - well here are the pros and cons as I see it:

Pros:
    • comfort of car - stop when i like etc, can bring as much luggage as I like, can leave when i like etc.
    • Won't be looking for a place to leave luggage during the day when roaming around the city
    • I guess the luggage bit is important - I am a lady and not a light traveller at that, and nights out are on the cards, which means a lot of extra stuff.
    Cons:
    • Expense of fuel, tolls, parking, - petrol is soo expensive and city driving is really tough on fuel. (bus is 22€ return, I can meet a friend in Santry who can then take me to Julianstown, and I guess I could get a bus easily from Juliantown, back into the city)
    [*]finding a place to park??? Where could I leave the car in the city at a reasonable cost, with reasonable access to city center and at a relatively good price???
    [*]driving in the city etc..

So what would you do?? Any other reasons - pros/cons?
    Suggestions of where to park in town??

Thanks a mill, S x

Advertisement