Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break entitlements

Options
  • 27-02-2012 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I've been doing a lot of overtime recently, resulting in working days of twelve hours plus. Most of the time, I only get my hour of lunch. I know you are entitled to a fifteen minute break every four and a half hours, and an hour for eight hours, but I'm a little confused as to how this works during very long days. For example, I have a twelve hour day tomorrow... so I get an hour of lunch for working eight hours, and then what, the last four hours count as another fifteen minute break..?

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

car.kar wrote: »
    I've been doing a lot of overtime recently, resulting in working days of twelve hours plus. Most of the time, I only get my hour of lunch. I know you are entitled to a fifteen minute break every four and a half hours, and an hour for eight hours, but I'm a little confused as to how this works during very long days. For example, I have a twelve hour day tomorrow... so I get an hour of lunch for working eight hours, and then what, the last four hours count as another fifteen minute break..?

Thanks!
    If I remember correctly you have the right to 2x 15 min (paid) and 1x 30 min unpaid lunch for up to 12h of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 wotaccent

Nody wrote: »
    If I remember correctly you have the right to 2x 15 min (paid) and 1x 30 min unpaid lunch for up to 12h of work.

Yes, you're right. When I'm on a 12-hour shift that's what I get.

Advertisement