Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rifle

Options
  • 27-02-2012 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

i have a licence for a shotgun, but would also like to use my fathers rifle he has it licensed himself so im wondering if i could also licence it so i could you it. i know i could get a training licence on it but he would have to be with me. im 20 years old if that makes any difference. its a .22 not sure of the make.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

yes you can also get a licence for it, a training licence is for 14-15year olds when you are over 16 you can get a full licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

AFAIK - there's no upper age limit on the training licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

You can get a full licence on the rifle as long as you have your father's permission.

The FAC1 form can be downloaded from the www.garda.ie website or else you can collect a copy from your nearest Garda station.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

A training license is directed towards 14-16 yr olds, but there is no age limit on it.

To use your Father's gun/get a license for it you simply fill in an FCA1, input all the details, paying attention to section 4.1 where you enter your Father's firearms license details, and include a letter of permission from your Father giving you permission to use his gun if the application is successful.

Send it off, and wait.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

Ezridax wrote: »
    A training license is directed towards 14-16 yr olds, but there is no age limit on it.

To use your Father's gun/get a license for it you simply fill in an FCA1, input all the details, paying attention to section 4.1 where you enter your Father's firearms license details, and include a letter of permission from your Father giving you permission to use his gun if the application is successful.

Send it off, and wait.

Will we both be able to license it at the same time, so I can use it some times and he can use it also

• Advertisement

If you apply for a full license - Yes.

If you apply for the training license - No.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭premiercad

Have a brother in the same boat ..quick question eridax does the second person on license also pay the fee?, that is to say the fee is per license not per gun?

Yes.

Each gun requires a license. Each person requires a license on each gun. So if you, your brothe, your father, and Mother wanted to use the same gun then there would be 1 gun and 4 licenses.

Hope thats clear. It reads better in my head than on screen.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭RICHIE.39

Ezridax wrote: »
    Yes.

Each gun requires a license. Each person requires a license on each gun. So if you, your brothe, your father, and Mother wanted to use the same gun then there would be 1 gun and 4 licenses.

Hope thats clear. It reads better in my head than on screen.:o

as clear as day!! :-)

Advertisement