Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donegal have the sexiest accent

• 27-02-2012 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.herald.ie/news/donegal-has-sexiest-accent-3032401.html

People from Donegal have the sexiest accent in Ireland, according to research.
    Around 42 pc of women and 39pc of men have admitted going weak at the knees at the sound of the north-west warble.
    The survey, conducted by match-making service Parship.ie, also found that one-in-five women think accents are important when choosing a partner.
    "We all know the distinctive voice of our favourite celebrities," said dating expert Avril Mulcahy. "They have a way of drawing you in and holding you. It might sound assertive, confident, powerful or just downright sexy."
    Tipperary fared worst of all with just 1pc of women and 5pc of men describing it as the sexiest accent.

I don't think so, Danial o'donnell does me head in when he speaks :p Actually I wouldn't be going weak at the knees for anybody's accent,So whats After hours sexiest accent ?

Ps poor tip :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

realies wrote: »
    http://www.herald.ie/news/donegal-has-sexiest-accent-3032401.html

Tipperary fared worst of all with just 1pc of women and 5pc of men describing it as the sexiest accent.

What does a Tipperary accent sound like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

It sounds very naughty, the Donegal accent and the Donegal people, well, they're very naughty too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Its awesome;)

Daniel o donell has a west coast donegal accent, the majority of people dont have that accent. Its a lot less effeminate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Was the research done in Donegal! ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

Nattin wrong wit my accent biy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Donegal have the sexiest accent

Yeh if you're deaf :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Aye shurley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Half my family are from Donegal and there is nothing sexy about ANY OF THEM.

Bogus survey.

Bogus survey.
    If you said they were sexy, wouldn't that be a bit strange... being family and all... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Best accent in the world imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Ah Donegal, the county the North didn't want .:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Bogus survey.

Whats the other half like ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I dont think any Irish accent is particularly sexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I agree on Donegal being the sexiest accent

But I call bull**** on this, how is Tipperary worse then Louth???
    Louth accent is just vile, we have multiple threads on it in After Hours
    Funglegunk wrote: »

Well Funglegunk, you know how it does be, don't you know like, that does be the way the thread does be going, well anyway

How do I describe it? Well the next time the rural garda stops you in your vay-hick-el remember they trained in Templemore

There is no such thing as a Tipp accent though and realy Offaly and Kilkenny and the entire midlands and mid-west is the exact same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭mattser

" Det's Ryyyeeeetttttt " as in D'unbelieveables.

cocoshovel wrote: »
    I dont think any Irish accent is particularly sexy.
    You, my friend, need a severe dosage of Cark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Sexiest. Accent. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Ah Donegal, the county the North didn't want .:P

is that why they call us the lost county?:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

They must have forgotton to publish Cork and Kerry in their category for the most backward sounding accents.

Donegal may be the generic overall winner but its Galway people in particular that everyone agrees to have the sexiest twangs.

Obviously. :cool:

Galway-born Grainne Seoige was chosen Ireland's sexiest female celebrity voice, getting nearly half (48.7pc) the male vote.

And fellow Galway native Peter O'Toole topped the poll with one-third of Irish women voting his the sexiest male celebrity voice.

Read more: http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/love-sex/donegal-accent-makes-us-go-weak-at-knees-3032179.html#ixzz1nbqJ0bEW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

My dad's from Donegal, so it would be rather twisted if I thought it was sexy :/ It's funny, he's assimilated to a degree that he accent isn't particularly noticeable anymore, except when he 'do be' angry.

Having a mom from Cork and a dad from Donegal, I now have a mongrel accent which literally comes out sounding like absolutely nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 47 5ftGiant

Donegal accent on women is HOT!

/end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

I find it the most head wrecking accent of all. Makes me want to grind my teeth together...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ihsb wrote: »
    I find it the most head wrecking accent of all. Makes me want to grind my teeth together...

its horrible "me an me wee maammmy hey?" ugh, just ugh, no, worst accent in ireland along with cork

It's probably worth keeping in mind that there are different accents for different areas of Donegal. I can't stand the Ballybofey accent, but everywhere else seems pretty ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

AnamGlas wrote: »
    If you said they were sexy, wouldn't that be a bit strange... being family and all... :D

You're forgetting that they're from Donegal..

krudler wrote: »
    worst accent in ireland along with cork
    Siuin wrote: »
    Having a mom from Cork and a dad from Donegal, [...]

:(

krudler wrote: »
    its horrible "me an me wee maammmy hey?" ugh, just ugh, no, worst accent in ireland along with cork

No, I love a bit of Cork, Kerry or Dub...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Alright ladies, form an orderly line please :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

who does these surveys? Ive heard this same result the last 5 years in a row if not more..
    there is a big difference between accents from Bundoran/Ballyshannon in South Donegal and Carndonagh in the very North, so you cant really generalize

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

What particular donegal accent are they takling about?
    East donegal is very derry/northern like, anywhere south of donegal town is basically connacht. west donegal is where the real sexiness is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

There are some brilliant Donegal accents in this. Aye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUf7Is4zAQQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Whats the other half like ;)

From Clondalkin.

They're not sexy either :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

"Get up them stairs!"

Genius advert!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

To most Donegal people, this is not news. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Siuin wrote: »
    My dad's from Donegal, so it would be rather twisted if I thought it was sexy :/ It's funny, he's assimilated to a degree that he accent isn't particularly noticeable anymore, except when he 'do be' angry.

Having a mom from Cork and a dad from Donegal, I now have a mongrel accent which literally comes out sounding like absolutely nowhere

Are you my child from the future?!?! What's next week's lotto numbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

ihsb wrote: »

I see you've never been to Derry.

McGaggs wrote: »
    I see you've never been to Derry.

Anything North of Mayo is painful!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

Daniel O' Donnell's accent is NOTHING to go by.. Even most Donegal people can't stand the way that man talks. He is no representation of the rest of the county. I know people from the area he's from and even they don't talk like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Mmmmmmm the Donegal accent does it for me. Well, other bits of a Donegal Mans anatomy does it for me more but I suppose there has to be some pillow talk :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yup, it's a very nice accent indeed, that whole west Ulster thang. Daniel, Dana... raar!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 5ftGiant

One of those "yokes" from Take Me Out has a Donegal accent... the only thing remotely sexy out of the whole 30 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

What about a drogheda accent?

Come oova he ooh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

uberalles wrote: »

Come oova he ooh

Its worse when they ask for a mars bar in a shop. I couldn't attempt to spell it phonetically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

uberalles wrote: »

Come oova he ooh

Hai, what youze saying hai?

Ah Draaaaawda, where book becomes bewk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

That's just crazy talk.

Tipperary people don't have an accent, we just speak normally. ya know, the way words are meant to be pronounced.
    mikemac1 wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a Tipp accent though and realy Offaly and Kilkenny and the entire midlands and mid-west is the exact same

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

The Kerry accent is like a throatful of honey-infused oysters as far as I'm concerned.

I went out with a girl from Wexford once, an awful accent imo. Quare bad like Carlow.

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    The Kerry accent is like a throatful of honey-infused oysters as far as I'm concerned.

Not in Tralee it aint.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭VagnerLove

it's pretty fucking horrible tbh

• Advertisement
Advertisement