Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 month old tv dead worried about repair

Options
  • 27-02-2012 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭

I bought a philips 32" LED tv mid december, 2 weeks ago it died, no power and I brought it back to the shop. I called today to find out whats happening. Was told the IC board is gone and they should have the part in tomorrow. It will then be fitted and to call back Thursday. My worry is
    1 They did not send it back to philips and are repairing it themselves.
    2 IC board is a mjor component and concerned something else may go.
    Are they authorised to do this and is my warranty affected if I have to go to philips direct in the future?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

spookwoman wrote: »
    I bought a philips 32" LED tv mid december, 2 weeks ago it died, no power and I brought it back to the shop. I called today to find out whats happening. Was told the IC board is gone and they should have the part in tomorrow. It will then be fitted and to call back Thursday. My worry is
    1 They did not send it back to philips and are repairing it themselves.
    2 IC board is a mjor component and concerned something else may go.
    Are they authorised to do this and is my warranty affected if I have to go to philips direct in the future?

philips are not really an entity for you to be concerned about here, this is between you and the retailer. i'm sure they are authorised to repair a philips unit but again, it doesn't matter whether they are or not.

the unit is currently being repaired. a repair must be permanent. if this does not prove to be the case, you will be back to the retailer in pursuit of another of the remaining "R"s. simple as really.

i hope it all goes smoothly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Are they authorised to do this
    You need to ask the shop if the repair is being done by an authorized repair centre or themselves. Needless to say we don't know any more than you do how they intend to repair it.
    and is my warranty affected if I have to go to philips direct in the future?
    If they're not authorized then yes your warranty could indeed be affected. If the work is done by an authorized agent then your warranty remains intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭spookwoman

They prob are authorised, Harvey Norman. The guy at the shop was very surprised it had not been sent to Philips. Also thinking about burn in test encase something else caused board to fail. IT background so things like this go through my head.
    My previous experience on faulty items is you call they send out a replacement.
    Have a loan of TV but its a russian pain in the ar*e no remote and took nearly an hour to get source input changed. No support for sky remote so having to reach and twist to get at buttons. Not to mention heat coming out of it unreal, dont need to turn on the heating in the room when on.

Advertisement