Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD Psychology Aptitude test

Options
  • 27-02-2012 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

My boyfriend is sitting it on Sat, just wondering if anyone else is doing it or has done it before has any advice? Since it says aptitude I was wondering if it'll just be English or English and Maths or something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 IainDo

Hey Muir, how'd ur bf get on? I did the exam as well, and I'm probably more nervous now than i was before I went in. Have to try and let it go though i guess, or I'll have my head wrecked before I hear anything from them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

hi ya, i have an numerical assessment exam in NUI Maynooth on the 24th of this month for psych.
    could you tell me what kinda questions were in that exam ye done??, as im guessing it may be similar.

Hey john,

The Trinity one was in 2 parts, the 1st was verbal like apple is to tree as potato is to.. and a choice of 4-5 words, or spatial as in a diagram of a clock and your told that what u're seeing is the reflection of a clock in a mirror,, what time will it be in 45min type of things, dunno if that even makes sense..

The second part which was prolly more like what u're lookin @ doin was data analysis where they give u graphs, and ask u questions based on the info given..they're kinda hard to explain...

I'd suggest getting a book called 'How to Pass the Civil Service Qualifying Tests', it's based on the UK Civil service exams, and it's what the Irish ones are based on. The 1 thing I'll say is I found the time limits really short, we were given 20minutes for 2 different sections, and I found I ran out of time, so i'd suggest practicing n sticking within the suggested time limits.

Hope some of that makes sense, n isn't too waffly. Any more questions, jus holler :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

He found parts of it pretty tough. He said he doesn't know when you'll need to be reading a clock upside down in a mirror!

Hopefully you'll both have done well. What other courses have you applied for?

Fingers crossed eh? Trinity I've applied for psychology, both as a single honour and TSM with either Philosophy or Sociology; UCD Psychology and Philosophy, DCU Psychology, and DLIADT Applied Psychology.

Not overly optimistic after the trinity aptitude- they said out of the 84 of us sitting the exam that day, they'd interview about 10, for 3 spaces for mature applicants.

Did ur bf also do the MSAP for UCD? I think that one was a little easier, not sure tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Yeah, he did the MSAP & definitely thought it was easier. He'd prefer Trinity but UCD has much bigger class sizes so they take on more mature students.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭johnty56

They take a few entrants for single honours and a few for TSM so maybe 6.....

• Registered Users Posts: 32 HollyRichter

IainDo wrote: »
    Fingers crossed eh? Trinity I've applied for psychology, both as a single honour and TSM with either Philosophy or Sociology; UCD Psychology and Philosophy, DCU Psychology, and DLIADT Applied Psychology.

Not overly optimistic after the trinity aptitude- they said out of the 84 of us sitting the exam that day, they'd interview about 10, for 3 spaces for mature applicants.

Did ur bf also do the MSAP for UCD? I think that one was a little easier, not sure tho.

Hey:)
    I sat the TCD aptitude test and got an interview letter today...did you hear anything?

Hey:)
    I sat the TCD aptitude test and got an interview letter today...did you hear anything?
    Hey Holly,

Yeah I'm delighted to say I've got interviews for Trinity. Really was not expecting them @ all, so now begins the cacking it stage!! lol

Best of luck with urs :)

Advertisement