Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywest

Options
  • 27-02-2012 8:22pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm moving from Galway to city west, down to Baldonnel Business park.

Would anybody have an idea where is the best to live, even coming from the midlands is there transport down as irony fancy spending 4hours a day travelling.

Thanks

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Worth looking at Naas. 20-30 minutes tops in a car in the morning (less if the traffic isnt too bad), rent isnt too expensive and its nice and close to the city center as well.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 128 ✭✭MuchSavage

Thanks, unfort I don't have a car at the min to aid with the travelling, so confined to Public Transport, walking and cycling!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Fair enough. The Luas runs to Citywest now which gives you a fair bit of option.

The 126 bus eireann bus (serves Kill, Johnstown, Naas, Newbridge and Kildare town) will leave you on the N7 where you can walk to your workplace from there. As said prebiously the Luas stops there now so you've countless options along the route there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

A friend of mine lived in Saggart and it was a lovely spot. I know that dublin bus serve the area from Saggart to City West but i wouldn't know which.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/69/

Dublin bus route 69 is only bus that serves baldonnel area as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Yeah, you're really in a bind with public transport as that place is a bit out of the way. if you cycle, living in Saggart, rathcoole or Clondalkin should see you OK

Public transport wise the 68 goes to the Greenogue Business Park and the 69 goes to Rathcoole but neither ideal

Presume you've seen it on Google Maps

Dublin bus will show you exactly where the stops are (for the once an hour services)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There is also the Dualway Village Link 311 service that links Newcastle with Rathcoole, Saggart, Citywest and Tallaght, which operates Monday-Friday only.

Details here.

Advertisement