Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Discussion Show (Any feedback?)

Options
  • 27-02-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Myself, Mr. K and Burning Eclipse have been doing a gaming discussion show called 3 Player Co-Op for the last couple of weeks. This week's episode covers Day 1 DLC for Mass Effect 3 and the Re-release of Jet Set Radio. Just wanted to stick up the latest episode to see what ye think, what can be improved, what ye like, etc.

Newest episode features still images because trailers were being hit with Content Matches on YouTube. No strikes though, so may go back to trailers again...We'll see.

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Why not as a podcast? It the defacto standard for this sort of thing and most video shows have an audio version too.

At least doing an audio version of the video show and putting it up on iTunes gives you the chance for a bigger audience and gives people alot of added connivence. On that, is the show on iTunes as a video podcast already? That tends to be a deal breaker for me with most online shows.

Great to see some Irish games shows popping up, though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Definitely put up the show as an audio podcast as well as the youtube video, very easy to get it up on itunes as well. I'll try listen to it later.

My advice is not to read off press releases like most commercial websites do. Really rip into the news and games if you have to. My advice is to listen to some old 1up yours podcasts when Shane Battenhausen, Luke Smith and John Davidson were still there. It's much better listening than the likes of boring Giantbomb cast that is afraid to thread dangerous waters most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Not on Podcast. Must take a look. Would be very easy to convert over and as you say reach a wider audience. Thanks.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Hi Lads,

That wasn't bad at all, enjoyed it while doin stuff around the kitchen.
    However It'd be nice if you went more in depth on certain topics, I like the discussion of DLC, probably could have brought the likes of STEAM and digital distribution into it....maybe even Piracy with regards to the PC version..will it encourage it ?

And on the topic of games being remade, there wasn't a mention of MGS series.

Maybe it could be used as a marker, to take the most current topics on boards.ie games section and discuss some of them too and share your opinions,...e.g. current large threads
    -MGS , Catherine, SSX

Keep up the good work. Subscribed , and Ill go over the back catalogue now (probably discussed some of the above there already) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I'm surprised MGS didn't get brought up (or it's been left behind on the editing room floor!) - the guys were talking about it pre-recording and are big fans of the series.

Thanks very much for feedback. Trying to learn as we go - best format, timing, etc. We have been targeting recent news as the focal point up to now rather than industry trends. Again, this is something that could change or be used once in a while depending on what is happening.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Nice job, disagree with other posters re: podcasting it though. If it was a pod cast I'd likely have not bothered with it. The whole pod cast thing was lost on me for some reason, mind you I don't listen to radio either :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Same, I'm more a youtube man and have no problem listening to the audio while something random is on in the background. Like Totalbiscuits Mailbox series

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

calex71 wrote: »
    Nice job, disagree with other posters re: podcasting it though. If it was a pod cast I'd likely have not bothered with it. The whole pod cast thing was lost on me for some reason, mind you I don't listen to radio either :o

Yeah but sure might as well do both since it's so little bother and get a bigger audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

It doesn't need to be an either/or, for every one that prefers a video on YouTube there's probably four who'd listen to a audio podcast or video podcast on a commute or whenever they have some down-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Myself and a mate of mine have been doing gaming podcasts fro the last few months too. I'm oving listening to all these little Irish gaming shows. I've been checking out the Arcade/Retro one lately too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement