Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland betting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Bray v Limerick
    Limerick 29/20
    Limerick & over 2.5 goals 5/2
    Limerick goals over 1.5 6/5
    Bray no wins in 14 league matches, Limerick have put at least 3 goals past them in the last 4 meetings.

awful the drift on Limerick told the story

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Bray fighting to stay up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

“We’re going to have a lot of young boys coming into the squad, to give them experience,” Taylor, whose side are looking to close the gap on Cork City in sixth to a single point, told LimerickFC.ie.
    http://www.limerickfc.ie/preview-younger-players-set-to-feature-against-shels

They're also missing Folan and Ogil (sp?) in defence.

I won't be putting a penny on, but if anyone fancies saying a pray for us, that would be greatly appreciated! Could be another long trip back to Dublin tonight if we don't get something!

"The FAI have today again overshadowed tomorrow's First Division play-off final first leg by once again stating Mervue United will not take part in the Airtricity League next season regardless of the play-offs outcome. The comments came from an FAI representative in an interview with a local newspaper ahead of tomorrow's game with Longford Town at Fahy's Field."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,274 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

"The FAI have today again overshadowed tomorrow's First Division play-off final first leg by once again stating Mervue United will not take part in the Airtricity League next season regardless of the play-offs outcome. The comments came from an FAI representative in an interview with a local newspaper ahead of tomorrow's game with Longford Town at Fahy's Field."

Doesnt seem to have bothered the Mervue players for the last couple of months and its all been known for a long time so i wouldnt let this cloud anyones thoughts on the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

with Bohs and bray playing each other , and both needing a draw to Gaurantee survival ,
    surely a draw tonight is a banker ?

Dundalk -1 (13/5 ) my tip for tonight ,
    we just announced nearly all our players have signed up for next season , so players , fans and club are buzzing for tonight ,
    I might even consider us -2

baddebt wrote: »
    with Bohs and bray playing each other , and both needing a draw to Gaurantee survival ,
    surely a draw tonight is a banker ?

Read my write up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Tarzann

Read my write up.

where?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

Gav where is your write up pal

Tarzann wrote: »
    where?
    Gav where is your write up pal

Well that's a blonde moment, posted it in my Facebook group but forgot here. Will post it in 2.

• Advertisement

***League of Ireland Bets***

Penultimate round of Premier Division games, so I'll be threading carefully. I may be around inplay for these (debating whether to go to Bohs-Bray to see Shelbournes fate sealed).

Bohemians -v- Bray - 7.45pm
    A draw here leaves Bohs safe, and Bray guaranteed with a playoff spot. At first when you look at it, you'd think they'd have a gentleman's agreement in place, I think otherwise.
    The reason being with 4 people - Owen Heary (Shelbourne player for 9 years, some of that being captain), Fred Davis (I'll be honest, he was at Shels as goalkeeping coach longer than I've been alive), Dean Delaney (Loved Shels, and wanted to get to 10 years playing with us then retiring, but was forced out by our previous manager) and Keith Buckley (A Bohs first teamer who is a Shels fan). I've also been told that Bohs "are going for the win" by a player.
    Bray have lost their last 5 away League games, conceding 10 and scoring 0.
    Bohs have won 2, drawn 1 and lost 2 in their last 5.

Bohs win at evens is the bet to keep an eye on here.

Dundalk -v- Cork - 7.45pm
    Dundalk Over 2.5 goals in 6 of their last 9 home League games.
    Cork Over 2.5 goals in 7 of their last 9 away League games.

Both sides score, and Cork can't defend.

Over 2.5 goals 4/5
    Over 3.5 goals at over 2/1 looks good too.
    Dundalk win and BTTS 13/5 with Paddy Power looks decent.

Pats -v- Derry - 7.45pm
    Pats were on the rip Sunday night and Monday night, not ideal preparations. Both teams will want to win here, Derry to keep 4th spot and a possible European spot (if Sligo win the FAI Cup Final) while Pats will be lifting the trophy and will want to go out on a high. No bet in this one for me, looks too unpredictable.

UCD -v- Shamrock Rovers- 7.45pm
    UCD have been dire at home, while Rovers love a good 0-0 draw away. Again, this will be a match too avoid. A win would all but secure UCD's Premier Division status while Rovers are keeping up the pressure for 4th place. Too unpredictable again for me.

Mervue -v- Longford - 7.45pm

No idea if Mervue will be bothered with this game now, the players will want to prove a point. Avoiding this one too.

***League of Ireland Bets***

Last round of fixtures tonight, so it will be ropey! All kick offs are at 7.45pm.

Bray -v- Dundalk
    Bray need a win to avoid the relegation/promotion playoff
    Dundalk can guarantee 2nd place with a win (or a draw if Sligo don't win).

No major injury worries, regardless of Bray needing a win Dundalk should be well too strong for Bray. Prediction: Bray 1-2 Dundalk

Cork -v- Pats
    Cork need a win to keep 6th place
    St Pats have the title bagged 2 weeks ago, nothing game for them

Cork missing a few, Pats missing one. Cork won 6 out of their last 7 home games, drawing one. Could be value in Cork, definitely goals in this. Prediction: Cork 2-2 Pats

Derry -v- Limerick
    Derry need a win to guarantee 4th place (4th place will to be a European place if Sligo win the FAI Cup on Sunday week).
    Limerick can move up a place to 6th with a win and a Cork slip up

Both sides missing a few players. Prediction: Derry 2-1 Limerick

Drogheda -v- Bohs
    Drogheda nothing game, FAI Cup final on Sunday week may mean players rested
    Bohemians a draw will secure their place in the Premier Division for next season

Drogheda manager: “It's the last chance for a few players to prove that they should be in the cup final squad, I've been tinkering with the team the last few weeks and tomorrow i'll be having a last look at the team. ”

Could mean a mixed side, etc... either way I expect Bohs to get a point. Prediction Drogs 1-1 Bohs.

Shamrock Rovers -v- Sligo
    Shamrock Rovers need a win for any hope of getting 4th place
    Sligo need a win and a slip up by Dundalk to claim 2nd spot (FAI Cup final Sunday week may mean a weak squad)

Prediciton: Shamrock Rovers 2-1 Sligo

Shelbourne -v- UCD
    Shelbourne nothing game, already relegated
    UCD need a win to secure Premier Division status

Prediction: Shels 1-2 UCD

There's a promotion playoff, as I said last week, I'd avoid.

My personal bets this week are Dundalk win - MEDIUM, Cork win - SMALL and Dundalk/Derry -1 asian double - SMALL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Think I'll pop down to Tolka this evening; thinking of doing one against the head (and you Gav) and have some of Shels (-1) @ 6/1. I tend to find once teams have their fate confirmed, they play freer and UCD are under pressure for a result too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Thanks Gavin!

vjxt.jpg

My personal bets this week are Dundalk win - MEDIUM, Cork win - SMALL and Dundalk/Derry -1 asian double - SMALL

That'll do! Spot on with the majority of the games too! That's it for the season. I will be doing write ups for LSL and AUL Leagues all going to plan and will post them up here.

Longford at 4/1 tonight is overpriced, I make them 2/1 max.

Forgot to do a round up of my Pre-Season Outright bets back in November.
    Premier Division

Dundalk + 30 Handicap – 8/1 (Paddy Power) SMALL STAKE

Drogheda + 22 Handicap – 8/1 (Paddy Power) LARGE STAKE

Mark Quigley Top goalscorer (7/1 Boyles) SMALL STAKE €10

Finn Harps to win the League – 6/1 (Ladbrokes) MEDIUM STAKE €15

Made a few bob profit thanks to Dundalk. I've a good chunk of my First Division write up done, but waiting for a few days till all teams have their confirmed squads. Premier Division I haven't started yet, but I've a good idea of my 3/4 bets I'll be doing on the Outright. Roll on another profitable season hopefully.

I will be doing write ups for LSL and AUL Leagues all going to plan and will post them up here.

Never done an update on this either :rolleyes: I asked Paddy Power and Boyles for more markets on LSL and AUL a while but they weren't budging whatsoever. Would only offer WDW markets on what they had, which means very little value. Just one to keep an eye on for value though, Cherry Orchard made a mountain of signings since November, 10 I think (Jordan Keegan has signed for Shels since then). They've won their last two.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Big Bucks

New to here myself but have been looking through this thread from last year and great posting Gavin!! I usually find that the first series of games in each league is a time when the bookies dont really know where they are at and give away a good bit of value. Has anyone seen outright handicap prices on the premier league?? I have a strong fancy based on the outright odds but cant find a price anywhere??

Big Bucks wrote: »
    New to here myself but have been looking through this thread from last year and great posting Gavin!! I usually find that the first series of games in each league is a time when the bookies dont really know where they are at and give away a good bit of value. Has anyone seen outright handicap prices on the premier league?? I have a strong fancy based on the outright odds but cant find a price anywhere??

Cheers man, hoping to go better again this year. Generally I do the write ups, but there was 2 of us discussing half the bets (he doesn't post on here but we post in our Irish Betting Facebook group). This season there's going to be 4 of us discussing bets so hoping the bets and write ups will be second to none.

Only Paddy Power will have the Outright Handicap, I got onto chat and turns out was talking to a big Pats fan so he said he'll push them to get the odds out. Going to say it now, but Cork will be my Outright Handicap bet........ Have all my write ups done!

• Advertisement

Cheers man, hoping to go better again this year. Generally I do the write ups, but there was 2 of us discussing half the bets (he doesn't post on here but we post in our Irish Betting Facebook group). This season there's going to be 4 of us discussing bets so hoping the bets and write ups will be second to none.

Only Paddy Power will have the Outright Handicap, I got onto chat and turns out was talking to a big Pats fan so he said he'll push them to get the odds out. Going to say it now, but Cork will be my Outright Handicap bet........ Have all my write ups done!

Was Cork or Dundalk for me on last years spread and ended up doing Cork and been disappointed. If Elding starts this year like last then they could be right up there but id be concerned that his head might not be right down there. Think the top 5 in the outright betting will be the top 5 but after the mini-league will probably consist of the other 5 teams with UCD and Bray struggling. Personally my pick for the handicap is Bohs but ill add that this is just looking at the outright prices. Think at a push with the signings theyve made its not inconcievable that they would finish 6th ahead of Cork(if they disappoint) or Limerick. Im just using the outright prices as a guide but i dont Limerick should be 25 with Bohs at 66s. Jason Byrne probably still has 10-15 goals in him and they were really short of goals last year. Thoughts??

Few people PM'ed' me again about the Facebook group, the link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/173574879442236/. Find it much easier to do inplay bet, etc... on there as it's handy to use on my phone.

Was Cork or Dundalk for me on last years spread and ended up doing Cork and been disappointed. If Elding starts this year like last then they could be right up there but id be concerned that his head might not be right down there. Think the top 5 in the outright betting will be the top 5 but after the mini-league will probably consist of the other 5 teams with UCD and Bray struggling. Personally my pick for the handicap is Bohs but ill add that this is just looking at the outright prices. Think at a push with the signings theyve made its not inconcievable that they would finish 6th ahead of Cork(if they disappoint) or Limerick. Im just using the outright prices as a guide but i dont Limerick should be 25 with Bohs at 66s. Jason Byrne probably still has 10-15 goals in him and they were really short of goals last year. Thoughts??

Liked Bohs but not sure on them. Beattie should bag a few goals for them too, could be a gem of a signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Gav. Thoughts on derry this year. Do u reckon roddy has brought in the quality he needed. Seems to be a lot of 1 year contracts in

greenman09 wrote: »
    Gav. Thoughts on derry this year. Do u reckon roddy has brought in the quality he needed. Seems to be a lot of 1 year contracts in

Such a mixed bag of players tbh, will they click? It will take a few games. Have a feeling they may be like the Limerick of this season, sign a few biggest names but linger mid-table. 95% of players in the LoI are on 1 year contracts.

Liked Bohs but not sure on them. Beattie should bag a few goals for them too, could be a gem of a signing.

Think they actually have the makings of a decent squad this season and sort of team that could go well in the cup at a decent price. What ya make of the 1st division??Seems like Longfords for the taking but Cousins has to be a big handicap. Seen Harps on Saturday and Galway last night. Wouldnt read too much into pre season games but Harps looked poor and think it might take Galway a little time to click

What ya make of the 1st division??Seems like Longfords for the taking but Cousins has to be a big handicap. Seen Harps on Saturday and Galway last night. Wouldnt read too much into pre season games but Harps looked poor and think it might take Galway a little time to click

Longford have the burden of Cousins and egos imo, they'll either walk it or be a huge flop. Galway will win it I think, seem to have a nice balance. I'll be backing Shels e/w I think, 7/1 is too big in a poor enough Division. I haven't seen us play yet but hopefully will next week and see how we're looking.

I backed Harps last year, had a huge write up about their pre-season training, etc... and they were a huge flop in the second half of the season. Their team hasn't been added to par 3 or 4 players I think. Signed a solid keeper in Conor Winn that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Any thoughts on the Setanta Cup tomorrow,should it be straight forward for Dundalk,Shamrock Rovers and Pats?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

jebus84 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on the Setanta Cup tomorrow,should it be straight forward for Dundalk,Shamrock Rovers and Pats?

should be for St Pats and Rovers

• Advertisement

Pats should defintiely win handily i think, Ballinamallard were on an awful run until beating Ards at the weekend. Cant see anything other than Dundalk and Shams winning too. While i think we might struggle a little against Crusaders given our pre season been all over the place with cancellations i would expect us to have enough to qualify handily enough over the 2 legs. Anywhere doing a special on all 4 to win tomorrow??

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers double so at evens

Setanta Cup

2 Northern Irish teams pulled out of this year’s competition, so it’s basically summing up the burden of these games to Northern Irish teams. While the League of Ireland teams use them as a median between their pre-season and starting back their League campaigns, so they generally take it very serious and normally come out on top.

The way the Northern Irish League works is the top 6 teams play off in a mini-League to decide the Champions, European spots, etc… While the bottom team is relegated and 2nd bottom has to have a play-off with the 2nd placed side in the Championship.
    All kick offs are at 7:45. I will be home for these, and ideally people should wait till I post teams! Asian markets only available on Marathon Bet atm, should be onBet365, etc… tomorrow.

Shamrock Rovers –v- Glentoran
    This match will be at the back of Glentorans mind, they’re sitting in 5th spot with 4 games to go for them. Problem is Glenavon sit in 7th and have 2 games in hand over them and are only 4 points behind. Glentoran really won’t want to go down to the wire on this.
    Shamrock Rovers manager has a lot to prove in this game, fans were calling for his head at stages last season, and many are not happy with the squad he’s built this season. They’ve had a decent pre-season, also had to endure an Irish Army routine out in the Curragh as far as I’m aware so they should be in 100% fit. Rovers are current Champions and will look to retain that.

Rovers -1 Asian looks good here.

Crusaders –v- Sligo Rovers
    Undecided about this match, Sligo on paper should win but they’ve been flaky in pre-season. Crusaders not on the best of runs. Want team news before picking anything here.

Dundalk –v- Coleraine
    Coleraine sit in 9th and only played on Saturday afternoon, tomorrow evening they have a 4 hour round journey to Dundalk. I can see Coleraine resting players with a big home match on Friday. They’re only 4 points off 11th place and a relegation/promotion play off, Warrenpoint have 2 games in hand over them aswell.
    Dundalk -1 Asian looks good here too.

Ballinamallard –v- St. Patricks
    Ballinamallard in 10th spot, 3 points off 11th spot with 2 games more played than Warrnepoint. This game. They’ve a big match on Saturday and all focus will probably be on that. Pats should do the job here after a decent pre-season, Keith Fahey back in midfield bossing the reins will be a big help for them this season.
    St Pats -1 Asian

http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/europe/setanta-sports-cup/

Turns out there's no relegation this season up North due to the Championship sides saying they won't have to money to compete in that League. Still confident of the bets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

i'll be in Oriel tonight
    Dundalk -1
    Rovers -1
    Double is the bet

Would definitely wait until team news for our game in Crusaders. Unsure whether North will play and as Gav said our pre season form has been flaky enough. See absolutely no reason why the other 3 will not cover -1 handicaps.

• Advertisement

Would definitely wait until team news for our game in Crusaders. Unsure whether North will play and as Gav said our pre season form has been flaky enough. See absolutely no reason why the other 3 will not cover -1 handicaps.

Could be for the best he doesn't start, Seani Maguire will be 100% match fit.

Would be a small bit concerned about his lack of match practice??? To be fair to North he has looked really sharp in pre-season and i fully expect him to hit the ground running this year.

Dundalk and Shams have both been well backed.....4/11 best price on both now with Coral

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Prices have really fallen on Pats, rovers and Dundalk.

My cash out on Rovers/Pats double is 1.01 more than my stake!

Cash out on my treble is 1.33 more...haven't seen that before pre match...small enough bets as well.

Maguire only on bench. It appears raf or a our new signing Odihambo will start up front. Wouldnt have a bet at the prices now, id say it could well be a draw.

• Advertisement

Shams 1 up against Glentoran after 7 minutes. Bayly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Jaysus lads the pitch in Ballinamallard.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good start, Sligo, Rovers and Dundalk all 1 up

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Jaysus lads the pitch in Ballinamallard.....

They played a game on it Friday night after numerous inspections throughout the day. Rovers 1 up....Odihambo

Glentoran have the cheek to score!!!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Glentoran have the cheek to score!!!

It will finish 3-1......Hopefully!!!!

Coleraine also equalize, its been a bad couple of minutes!!

Pats go 1 up - but now Coleraine draw level...going to be a long night I think.

2-0 Rovers. Greene

2-0 Rovers. Greene

Make that 3-0....and they were the ' dodgiest' of all 4 games!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement