Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland betting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Big Bucks

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Make that 3-0....and they were the ' dodgiest' of all 4 games!!

I know and i even taught that!!!Was looking for a special on the 4 southern teams last night and talked myself out of it today thinking we would only draw. Would still be hopeful of all 4 winning if i was on but as it stands im only on Shams and Dundalk -1.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

:( rovers and dundalk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

FFS DundALK 2-1 DOWN!

FFS DundALK 2-1 DOWN!

Cant believe that.......:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

From the LOI 2014 Thread
    1-1 in Oriel. We played ok for 20 mins but since our goal they've been better side. Some strike by their no. 19 for the goal. Also, their fans are kicking arse in the noise stakes. Very boisterous away support.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Big Bucks wrote: »
    Cant believe that.......:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Can you believe 1-3 :eek:

Jesus it gets worse...3-1 coleraine

Dundalk get a fast one back...2-3...7/2 for Dundalk now

Can you believe 1-3 :eek:

2-3 now

• Advertisement

Dundalk get a fast one back...2-3...7/2 for Dundalk now

Im just gonna let you post the score updates from now on, about 15 seconds too quick for me!!!

Shams go 2-1 up!

4-0 Rovers. Eric hat-trick

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

waiting on dundalk

Shams pulling away...3-1...come on Dundalk

Dundalk....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Very disappointed in Dundalk, dire! As for Pats, if I had of seen the state of the pitch last night I'd have not even posted that the match was on, no idea how that match is thought as playable! Decent start to what I'm hoping to be an even more profitable season than last year.

As always Gavin...very good posting, looking forward to the season ahead.

Fancy Dundalk should have enough to turn it around in the 2nd leg?? Might get an ok-ish price on them in 2nd leg to qualify.

I'll be saving all my money to pile onto Pats -1.5 asian I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

Big Bucks wrote: »
    Fancy Dundalk should have enough to turn it around in the 2nd leg?? Might get an ok-ish price on them in 2nd leg to qualify.

2 defensive Howlers last night (played with 2 back up defenders) ,
    and well Colraines equalising goal was a peach ,

we will beat them in the 2nd leg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Bohs v bray tonight in the Leinster cup. Are bohs worth a punt @ evens

greenman09 wrote: »
    Bohs v bray tonight in the Leinster cup. Are bohs worth a punt @ evens

They were evens? F*ck sake! Had a mental day in work, and went straight to Tolka for our friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

They were evens? F*ck sake! Had a mental day in work, and went straight to Tolka for our friendly.

6/5 early yesterday with betvictor

jkelly85 wrote: »
    6/5 early yesterday with betvictor

Jesus! Bray and UCD will be battling relegation in my opinion! Gutted they were no odds on Shels, say we'd have been a nice price and after the first 15 mins of the match we dominated.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Jesus! Bray and UCD will be battling relegation in my opinion! Gutted they were no odds on Shels, say we'd have been a nice price and after the first 15 mins of the match we dominated.

Yeah great price, will be back against bray a lot this season

jkelly85 wrote: »
    Yeah great price, will be back against bray a lot this season

Mathews is a spoof! Had thought they'd struggle, with him at the helm they're fecked! Their only advantage is Aaron Callaghan at UCD...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Powers went up 11/10 Bohs and it was obviously an easy win, time will tell just how bad Bray are.

There can be no doubt Bohs will be a betteer side than last year, Price and J Byrne could be the missing pieces of the jigsaw for us to be competing in mid-table with the likes of Cork and Limerick instead of being in the dogfight at the bottom.

hoenstly I think Bray are doomed , lost Jason Byrne , Lost kieran Marty-waters (the only 2 decent players the club had) ,
    cannot see anything other than relegation (if they manage to last the full season)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Bray heir best midfielder too, O'Connor signed for Longford for some reason, should be decent odds on them losing matches in the first round of matches anyway. Bohs look far stronger than last season.

Plus they've lost Devlin, who whatever you think of him was clearly an enormous influence on the club from top to bottom over the years.

• Advertisement

Bray heir best midfielder too, O'Connor signed for Longford for some reason, should be decent odds on them losing matches in the first round of matches anyway. Bohs look far stronger than last season.

Limerick only 1/2 for next week already with Lads and 4/9 Powers.

Pats are 5/4 for friday night ,
    def worth looking at
    look like they the title favs again .

Pats
    Limerick
    Shamrock rovers
    6/1

or if you fancy adding dundalk (come on the town) to it becomes
    12/1.

Shels, Bohs and Limerick -1 asian looks my bets for this weekend.

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND OUTRIGHT BETS***

Pats should be handy money but no value.

Cork City +18 points @ 17/2 (Paddy Power) – Small Stake
    Finishing 6th last season was a respectable finish, but new manager John Caulfield will be wanting more this season. Daryl Horgan is the biggest loss to this seasons Cork side, but they’ve managed to bring in some excellent additions. Elding, Dennehy, Rafter and Darren Murphy. They’ve also re-signed Liam Kearney on his return from Australia (although he was playing with non-League side Avondale beforehand). A couple of other Avondale players signed on board too.
    I can see Cork possible sneaking into 3rd place at best, with St. Pats and Sligo being above them. Cork will be battling it out up there with Rovers and Dundalk in my opinion for 3rd/4th/5th places.

Bohemians +26 points @ 17/2 (Paddy Power) – Small Stake
    After avoiding the drop last year Bohs have been fairly active on the transfer front. Lee Murphy, Jack Memery, Paddy Kavanagh, Jason Byrne, Steven Beattie, Aidan Price and Craig Walsh. A few great additions and will surely make competition fierce at Bohs.
    The likes of Pats, Sligo, Rovers and possibly Dundalk and Cork will form the top 5 places at the top but after that it could be wide open. Think 26 points is generous for the team Bohs have put together.

Shelbourne @ 8/1 each-way (Boyles) – Small Stake
    I hate backing my own side but the more and more I look at the teams in the 1st Division and more I like it as a value bet. Although the average age of the squad is around 21/22 we’ve signed a few strong players John Sullivan being the main one, vital part of Dundalks push for the title last year returns to Tolka. On top of Sullivan, Keith Quinn and Jordan Keegan have potential to be excellent players at this level. A large portion of the squad is made up of our current Under 19s side, which has walked away with the League this season, which is great to see. What I like about our side is nearly every player has a point to prove, they're all up for it and most of the lads are local Dublin lads who know what Shels are about.

Longford on the other hand have gone for the tried and tested method, it's their managers last chance supposedly to get them up. They’ve invested a huge wad of cash supposedly and you can tell by the quality within their squad.

Galway’s on paper are starting to look strong, but will they go up in their first season? I personally don’t think they will. Waterford have lost a good few players and not much replacement has been brought in. With the top 3 being paid out I’d have to say this bet should at least yield a small profit at least with the each-way odds.

I don't know much about that first division, but that Rovers B Team is the joker in the pack, it could go either way with some of the players thinking they are good enough for the first team.

What happens if the first team wobble and the B Team are winning 5 on the bounce?

Bateman wrote: »
    I don't know much about that first division, but that Rovers B Team is the joker in the pack, it could go either way with some of the players thinking they are good enough for the first team.

What happens if the first team wobble and the B Team are winning 5 on the bounce?

Easy, we all laugh at rovers:D....and back the B team!!

It will be interesting to see how it goes. The B team could be 'beefed' up during the season with players getting some game time, or returning from injury - definitely one to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Any special rules for that B-team?

In Holland the Ajax, PSV and Twente reserves might get a bit in trouble now at the end of the season as players who had 14 matches for the 1st team, cant play anymore for the reserves.

Also when they have been involved in some way with the first team during the weekend, they cant play that same weekend for the reserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Bohs outright are being shown at 100/1 in this morning's times, i presume you can get an each way on that. I am definitely having some

Shels beat the B Team last Thursday, with 4 first teamers in it (Finn, O'Connor, Robinson and Kelly).
    inforfun wrote: »
    Any special rules for that B-team?

In Holland the Ajax, PSV and Twente reserves might get a bit in trouble now at the end of the season as players who had 14 matches for the 1st team, cant play anymore for the reserves.

Also when they have been involved in some way with the first team during the weekend, they cant play that same weekend for the reserves.

3 outfield players and a goalkeeper can move to the B team afaik, rules are very hazy tbh.

• Advertisement

Bohs outright are being shown at 100/1 in this morning's times, i presume you can get an each way on that. I am definitely having some

Irish Times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Shels beat the B Team last Thursday, with 4 first teamers in it (Finn, O'Connor, Robinson and Kelly).

3 outfield players and a goalkeeper can move to the B team afaik, rules are very hazy tbh.

best thing to do is just make sure to read team news on extratime every week before making bets on Rovers B as they usually have their info spot on

Haven't done a personal write up as I was at a Cheltenham Preview till now but one of the lads has in the Irish group, wouldn't be far to copy it over. The general consenus between the 4 of us who are picking the bets this season (I got myself a team ha) are below:

My fancies/bets for tomorrow/Saturday opening LoI are:
    Limerick -1 asian
    Bohs win
    Shels win
    Cork DNB (tiny value bet)
    Sligo -1 asian
    Shamrock Rovers B win

Haven't done a personal write up as I was at a Cheltenham Preview till now but one of the lads has in the Irish group, wouldn't be far to copy it over. The general consenus between the 4 of us who are picking the bets this season (I got myself a team ha) are below:

My fancies/bets for tomorrow/Saturday opening LoI are:
    Limerick -1 asian
    Bohs win
    Shels win
    Cork DNB (tiny value bet)
    Sligo -1 asian
    Shamrock Rovers B win

Very keen on the bohs and shels double this week at 9/5. Will prbobably get greedy and back them in a -1 double too.

Going for a fourfold of Shels, Bohs, Limerick -1 asian and over 2.5 goals Cork/Pats. 16/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Threw tenner on over 2.5 goals in Cork Pats game at 11/8

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Betting on Rovers B team this year is gonna be interesting. I'll be backing them in most home games when they are playing on the Sunday and Rovers play on the Friday.

I'd stay away from them this weekend with the B team playing Sat night and the first team playing on the Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Picks for tonight are:

Shels @ 8/13
    Limerick @ 8/15
    Longford @ 13/10 (seems very high)

Also,

Glebe North @ 4/6 in the LSL at home to bottom of the table Leixlip United.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

Went with a €40 double of

Cork/St. Pat's (Over 1.5)
    Shelbourne & Wexford DC

Goodluck to all hopefully it will be a money machine of a season :)

http://bohemianfc.com/?p=5912

No need to be greedy tonight boys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

http://bohemianfc.com/?p=5912

No need to be greedy tonight boys

Pretty spot on ,Limerick -1 Asian and Shelbourne for me

• Advertisement
Advertisement