Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland betting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

I see Bohs -1 is 7/4 ,If the odds were 5 or 6/ I wouldn't back that on form. Odds are badly priced every week in this league no way the form there in are they a 4/6 shot what are the bookies smoking :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

I remember last league game between UCD and Bohs had a huge amount of corners (7-10). I'm gonna keep an eye to how it shapes up in play.

Couldn't go wrong doubling with first half bray corners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭sidcon

Shocking refereeing again at Dalymount ruined what should have been bohs first win at home as we were all over UCD.
    We were all over UCD in the second half but couldn't create anything of major note until Byrnes shot at the end.
    Honestly bohs having no luck what so ever of late with 3 sending off in the last 3 games we played and penos given against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bohemians -v- UCD - 7.45pm

Both Teams To Score @ 4/5 (General) - MEDIUM

Bray Wanderers -v- Limerick - 7.45pm

Bray DNB @ 4/5 (General) - MEDIUM

Derry City -v- Shamrock Rovers - 7.45pm

Under 2.5 goals @ 4/6 (General) - SMALL

2 winners and a loss. First UCD 0-0 draw in months if not years...
    Bateman wrote: »
    Fair enough re Bray's home form, but Limerick definitely capable of more than they've shown. A team who get a lot of 0-0s and 1-1s probably know how to beat Bray

Bray 1-0 Limerick! ;)

I remember last league game between UCD and Bohs had a huge amount of corners (7-10). I'm gonna keep an eye to how it shapes up in play.

5-10 corners count on this :pac:. 10 FH corners alone. They pulled the corner market on this and the Bray game fairly lively when corners started flying.
    seanhynes wrote: »
    Couldn't go wrong doubling with first half bray corners

Saw your post before heading off yesterday Sean and decided to go with the double. Bray games have been really good to us too so why not!. Fair play.

Backed it then backed it again when the lines dropped. Bohs went down as low as 3!.

dyk3sz.jpg

11jt1s9.jpg

How can u double corners in the same match ?

How can u double corners in the same match ?

Don't think it's possible. Can mix corners cards and goals etc but I don't think two corner bets can be doubled inside the same match.

Don't think it's possible. Can mix corners cards and goals etc but I don't think two corner bets can be doubled inside the same match.

Hmm them pictures have me confused looked like u put two doubles on there

EDIT Ah I see there two different games, half asleep today hah

Hmm them pictures have me confused looked like u put two doubles on there

EDIT Ah I see there two different games, half asleep today hah

No bother, was thinking it might have been a mix up :).

• Advertisement

Any bookie do red cards in the Irish games, I could see one in the setanta cup final, few reds in this meeting last few times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Cannot buy a winning week this season, fair play to anyone taking Bray but I don't think they'll win many more home or away. Sligo never in doubt :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

i have gone for a double this week . pays 6 to 4 with lads .galway at home to harps and bohs plus 1 .its not a massive price but i expect to collect . i think galway are a better team than haprs and its a must win game in my eyes if they wanna keep league ambitions alive as they cant afford to fall further behind shels . i dont see bohs losing in drogheda but not convinced they will win either so i think i have played it safe plus 1 . have a decent bet on so lets hope for the best.gl to anybody else havin a bet

***League of Ireland Bets***

Took the 4 of us a while to agree on a few bets but hopefully we’ve managed to pick 3 winners!

Cork City –v- Derry City – 7.45pm

Derry go into their first game without ex-manager Roddy Collins in charge, who was replaced with assistant manager Hutton midweek. Derry will have a 600 mile round trip to endure. Last season’s top goalscorer for Derry, Rory Patterson is suspended while first teamer Patrick McEleney will miss out due to injury and joint top goalscorer this season Enda Curran will face a late assessment. No new injury worries for Cork.

Cork are unbeaten at home this year, with 3 wins and 3 draws. While Derry have drawn 4 and lost 1, scoring just 3 goals and conceding 6.

Cork win @ 11/10 (General) - MEDIUM

UCD –v- St. Patricks Athletic – 7.45pm

No new injuries for Pats while no team news for UCD yet. Captain Ger O’Brien and midfielder Chris Forrester could make their 100th appearance for Pats if they play, no doubt both will play a big part regardless.

Pats have won 6 and drawn 1 in their last 7 League games! Scoring 20 goals and conceding just 6. UCD have managed to pick up results in their last 3 League games but Pats should ease past them tomorrow.

Pats -1.5 Asian @ 11/13 (Bet Victor) - MEDIUM

Limerick –v- Dundalk – 7.45pm
    2nd from bottom Limerick host 3rd placed Dundalk. Certain level of concern over Limerick at the moment from fans wanting manager Stuart Taylor out, and not to mention Craig Currans contract being cancelled today and rumours of legal action yesterday over the matter.

Liemrick welcome back 3 first teamers but first team centre half Oji misses out. Dundalk just missing long-term injury McDonnell.

Limerick have just scored 2 goals at home, both against bottom side Athlone. In total they’ve scored just 7 goals in 11 matches, While Dundalk are coming into this match on the back of a very impressive 4-0 win against Cork and a good start to the season.

Dundalk Win To Nil @ 7/5 (Paddy Power) - SMALL

Rest of the matches:
    Drogheda/Bohs – Wanted to get on BTTS or Over 2.5 but Bohs have let us down twice this season due to getting red cards early on.

Galway/Harps – Unders. Combined there’s only been 4 matches both teams have been involved in this season going Over 2.5.

Shels/Rovers B – Shels missing their best player this season due to suspension, while 2 first teamers are still out injured.

Wexford/Waterford – Value in the home win

Took the 4 of us a while to agree on a few bets but hopefully we’ve managed to pick 3 winners!

Cork City –v- Derry City – 7.45pm

Cork win @ 11/10 (General) - MEDIUM

UCD –v- St. Patricks Athletic – 7.45pm

Pats -1.5 Asian @ 11/13 (Bet Victor) - MEDIUM

Limerick –v- Dundalk – 7.45pm

Dundalk Win To Nil @ 7/5 (Paddy Power) - SMALL

Cork win 2-0.
    Pats draw 1-1.
    And trust Dundalk to give away a penalty! :mad:

5 matches on Tuesday evening, 3 re-arranged League matches and the semi-finals of the Leinster Senior Cup.

Keeping things short and sweet as it’s a work night and the head isn’t 100% functioning enough for a write up! Weathers not been the best the last few days so taking precaution with the bets.

Athlone –v- Sligo Rovers – 7.45pm (League match)
    Sitting bottom with just 1 point from 12 matches Athlone are badly struggling. Athlone missing their captain again won’t help matters. Athlone haven’t scored in their last 4 games while Sligo are on fire lately, with 4 wins and a draw in their last 5 games. Scoring 15 and conceding just 2.

Sligo -1.5 Asian handicap @ EVENS (General) – MEDIUM

Limerick –v- Cork City – 7.45pm (League match)
    Cork have hit a blight but they should get back to winning ways in Thomond Park. A win here for Cork will move them back to the top of the table.

Cork win @ 4/5 (Ladbrokes) – SMALL
    Sheriff YC –v- Longford Town – 7.45pm (Leinster Senior Cup match)
    Being played on Sheriffs home astro pitch will not suit Longford whatsoever.

Sheriff YC would slot into the 1st Division and complete in my opinion, they’re a good quality Junior side who are sitting top of the AUL having not lost in the League this year and are in the Final of the Junior Cup too.

Sheriff should be full strength for this, while Longford could rest players.

Sheriff win @ 12/5 (Boyles) - VALUE

Rest of the matches:
    Pats/Rovers – Leinster Senior Cup Semi Final. Could be a worth a bet in play on Pats teams depending.
    Dundalk/Drogs – Derby match so avoiding.

Sheriff in from 10/3 to 13/8. Took the bookies long enough to cop they overpriced them :)

Athlone –v- Sligo Rovers – 7.45pm (League match).

Sligo -1.5 Asian handicap @ EVENS (General) – MEDIUM

Limerick –v- Cork City – 7.45pm (League match)

Cork win @ 4/5 (Ladbrokes) – SMALL
    Sheriff YC –v- Longford Town – 7.45pm (Leinster Senior Cup match)

Sheriff win @ 12/5 (Boyles) - VALUE

Sligo 2-0
    Cork win

Sheriff lose, although it was definitely worth a value bet. Supposedly very unlucky, they hit the post aswell and were all over Longford. Good few tweets about it but this one stood out:
    "Junior Soccer Portal ‏@THEJSP_INFO 1m
    Full time sheriff 1 @LongfordTownFC 2 cracking game Sheriff had chances to win it... "

Still 2 good winners! Roll on Friday! :D

We’ve had a very undecided discussion on the games this week, some big if’s and but’s on most of them so we’re going with quality over quantity!

Shamrock Rovers –v- Bohs – 8pm

3rd placed Rovers welcome rivals Bohs who sit 3rd from bottom to Tallaght on Friday evening. Rovers looking to continue their good League form of 4 wins and a draw in their last 5, the same record echoes their last 5 home League games too. Bohs on the other hand have lost 4 of their last 7 drawing the other 3 games.

Conor Kenna and Sean Heaney are both injured for Shamrock Rovers, while Robert Bayly is suspended. Kenna is the only main injury but he can be filled in for. Ronan Finn and Ciaran KIlduff are under the watchful eye of some English clubs at present and no doubt there will be some scouts at the match looking at their performances.

Lee Murphy (who’s started half of Bohs games this season) has left Bohs, leaving competition in goals minimal with just Delaney and youngster Moore in contention. Darragh Reynor (Defender, 6 games) and Philly McCabe (Defender, 1 game) have also left the club while Jack Memery (Defender, 3 games) is out due to exams, and Derek Pender (Defender, 13 games) is doubtful. Dinny Corcoran (Striker, 8 games and 4 goals) is suspended which leaves Jason Byrne the only out and out striker. They welcome back a couple of players but it may not be enough to patch up the above issues.

Rovers -1 Asian (General) @ 17/20 – MEDIUM

Rest of the matches:
    Athlone/UCD – Can see Athlone picking up a point here. Hard game to pick.
    Bray/Cork – Over 2.5 goals in the past 4 meetings but Bray have been solid at home.
    Dundalk/Sligo – Both teams have solid defences with firepower up front. BTTS maybe?
    Derry/Drogs – Unders but a possible backlash from Drogs after their 7 nil defeat to rivals Dundalk on Tuesday and Derry under new management.
    Lims/Pats – Should see Pats covering the -1 Asian, dodgy match though given how Limerick fought back in the 2nd half on Tuesday against Cork.
    Cobh/Galway – Unders.
    Waterford/Longford – Overs.
    Finn Harps/Shelbourne – Shels missing star player Connolly due to international duties, Harps welcoming back players from injury. Could be value in Harps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Tempted by Bray at 3/1 or even DNB at 7/4.

Bray are usually strong at home, beating Sligo and Dundalk already this season. City are playing their third game in a week, including 2 away trips.
    No Murray through injury and Linehan is away with the U-21s. By the sounds of it they were lucky to hang on against Limerick and all their away wins so far have been tight, Athlone aside.

Dundalk v Sligo DRAW
    Athlone v UCD over 2.5 EVENS

Billy dennehy anytime looks a good bet,17/10,he takes all their penalties and some set pieces as far as I know and has scored in 9 of 15 games this season including the last game where they beat Bray 3-1 ,looks like a bit of value

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Billy dennehy anytime looks a good bet,17/10,he takes all their penalties and some set pieces as far as I know and has scored in 9 of 15 games this season including the last game where they beat Bray 3-1 ,looks like a bit of value

Was about to post this in Daily thread.

Had him as part of a double two matches ago - he scored, but other parts did not. Was not on last match - he scored. Dammit! On with just a single tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

F*ck me, that's unlucky!

Dennehy sent off after 11 minutes.

Bray Wanderers 0 - 0 Cork City
    12' - A bizarre incident here. Cork took a corner that was easily cleared and then the linesman's flag went up. We all thought it was for off-side but he called the ref over and Mr McKell then trotted over and showed straight red cards to both Dave Scully (Bray) and Billy Dennehy (Cork). We have no idea why and even the players were at a loss. So, both teams down to ten and we have 75 minutes left to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Well that could not have went any worse.

• Advertisement

No strong views on the League Cup tonight, hard to argue with Powers' price of 21/20 for Bohs to win in 90 minutes. Will be a strong enough team I would think, with only a change or two from last Friday (Corcoran will start, Byrne unlikely to).

Longford are going to go full pelt with a strong team also, but have played a fair bit recently so may be tired.

No strong views on the League Cup tonight, hard to argue with Powers' price of 21/20 for Bohs to win in 90 minutes. Will be a strong enough team I would think, with only a change or two from last Friday (Corcoran will start, Byrne unlikely to).

Longford are going to go full pelt with a strong team also, but have played a fair bit recently so may be tired.

Wouldn't be touching it tbh, Flancare's drainage is woeful so I'd say the pitch will be in tatters after this rain. Also I'd imagine Bohs may field a youngest side, which Longford will just try and bully off the pitch.

My eyes are firmly on Rovers -0.75. Caulfield has said he'll be making 5/6 changes from Friday, Cork also have 5 players injured while Rovers B team played yesterday which would mean none of them will be playing tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Thoughts on St Pats vs Derry tomorrow?

I see Derry have a pretty good record vs St Pats - unbeaten in their last 6 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Derry are the most unpredictable side around. Pats at home against this Derry side should win

Have my 3 bets picked and I can safely say Pats/Derry will be one I'd be running away from!

• Advertisement

Cork -v- Athlone
    Bottom placed Athlone make the trip to 2nd placed Cork. Cork are unbeaten at home this season, taking 15 points from a possible 21 while Athlone have lost every away game to date.
    Cork missing one or two extra players but it shouldn't be a bother to them brushing aside Athlone.

Cork -1.25 @ 11/10 (Bet365) - MEDIUM

Bohemians -v- Dundalk
    1st placed Dundalk take on 10th place Bohs. Dundalk are coming into this on the back of 4 straight League wins, were they've scored 16 and just conceded 1. While Bohs recent form reads 3 draws and 1 loss, with only 2 goals scored. Bohs home record is worse again with 4 points from a possible 21 this season so far.
    Bohs captain Dave Mulcahy faces a late fitness test and new signing Eoin Wearen (from West Hame) is still sidelined. Dundalk with 1 new injury but the big news is Mountney is back.

Dundalk win @ 4/5 (Betway) - MEDIUM

UCD -v- Bray Wanderers
    A game normally for the goals but both sides haven't been too consistent lately on front of the net. Over 2.5 goals have come in this fixture 9 out of the last 10 times.

Over 2.5 Goals @ 5/6 (Paddy Power) - SMALL

Rest of the matches:
    Drogheda/Limerick and Pats/Derry are two matches I'd completely avoid, so inconsistent!
    Waterford/Cobh - No value in Waterford whatsoever
    Shelbourne/Galway - Galway played their first team on Tuesday in a League Cup match which went all the way to penalties, could be fitness issues. Shels missing a few first teamers again.
    Wexford/Harps - Value in Wexford

Derry haven't really got the new coach bounce they were probably hoping for when they foolishly gave Roddy the bullet, Pat's will take care of business there

Derry haven't really got the new coach bounce they were probably hoping for when they foolishly gave Roddy the bullet, Pat's will take care of business there

"Derry will be without the services of, David Elebert (calf), Cormac Burke (ankle), Mark Timlin (ankle), Dean Jarvis (calf), Roddy Collins Jnr (calf), Aaron Barry (head injury), Ciaran Gallagher (head injury) and Ryan McBride (hamstring) while Cliff Byrne is also unavailable."

Mark Stewart and Enda Curran have been released (they've signed Lowry from Linfield but not sure if he can play tonight).

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Is b dennehy suspended for tonight's game?? Like his odds of 5/1 fgs and 11/8 anytime home against bottom athlone ...

hoopyhoopy wrote: »
    Is b dennehy suspended for tonight's game?? Like his odds of 5/1 fgs and 11/8 anytime home against bottom athlone ...

He is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Is the league of Ireland on TV ?

Cork -v- Athlone
    Cork -1.25 @ 11/10 (Bet365) - MEDIUM

Bohemians -v- Dundalk
    Dundalk win @ 4/5 (Betway) - MEDIUM

UCD -v- Bray Wanderers
    Over 2.5 Goals @ 5/6 (Paddy Power) - SMALL

Cork 1-0, supposedly should have been more. Half loss/half refund!
    Dundalk 2-0. Wins.
    The last time UCD/Bray played out a 0-0 was in 2003....
    Is the league of Ireland on TV ?

The odd time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭lazyman

Any dundalk vs ucd predictions?

lazyman wrote: »
    Any dundalk vs ucd predictions?

Will be doing a write up in a bit, had a heavy Bank Holiday weekend! :pac:

Dundalk -v- UCD - 7.45pm
    Top placed Dundalk host 10th placed UCD. The sides have met once this season, with Dundalk coming out on top with a 4-1 victory.

Dundalk go into this game on the back of 5 straight League wins, scoring 18 goals and conceding just 1. Dundalks home form has been excellent to date, with 5 wins and 2 draws from their 7 home League games.

UCD go into this on the back of 3 draws, a loss (to bottom placed Athlone) and a win. They've only notched up 3 goals in the 5 games. Their away form is less than desirable this season, 1 win, 2 draws and 4 losses. In their last 5 away games they've managed just 2 points while conceding 10 goals and scoring just 1.

UCD could be in big bother come selection time with several players missing and a couple doubtful!

Injured: James Kavanagh (Midfielder, 13 games), Aymen Ben Mohammed (Midfielder, 5 games, 1 goal), Dean Clarke (Striker, 6 games, 1 goal)
    Doubtful: Robbie Creevy (Midfielder, 15 games, 1 goal), Tomas Boyle (Defender, 11 games, 1 goal)
    Suspended: Hugh Douglas (Midfielder, 12 games)
    International Duty: Colm Crowe (Midfielder, 7 games)

Dundalk are just missing one long term player due to injury and another who's been out a couple of weeks now too.

Dundalk -2 Asian @ 17/20 (General) - MEDIUM

Pats host Drogheda in a match I'd be avoiding, rumours coming from Drogheda that a loss here will see manager Robbie Horgan sacked so I can see them trying to play it tight and snatch a draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭lazyman

Great preview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

St Pats VS Drogheda
    St.Pats win & O2.5 goals - 1.72
    Stake 10 points

St.Pats have won 3 of their last 5 games. In their last 6 an average of 3.4 goals have been scored. Drogheda have lost 4 of their last 5 with an average of 3.6 goals being scored.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Pats host Drogheda in a match I'd be avoiding, rumours coming from Drogheda that a loss here will see manager Robbie Horgan sacked so I can see them trying to play it tight and snatch a draw.

The players must want rid of him...2 down after 16 mins ;)

Dundalk -v- UCD - 7.45pm

Dundalk -2 Asian @ 17/20 (General) - MEDIUM

why+you+must+give2.gif

Harder than it should have been!!
    St Pats VS Drogheda
    St.Pats win & O2.5 goals - 1.72
    Stake 10 points

St.Pats have won 3 of their last 5 games. In their last 6 an average of 3.4 goals have been scored. Drogheda have lost 4 of their last 5 with an average of 3.6 goals being scored.

Turned out to be a good bet, well in.

6-0, they must fcuking hate him! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Former manager Mick Cooke sitting beside Drogheda chairman watching the drubbing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Probably shouldn't of come in going by this.. :pac:
    Very much against the run of play, UCD grabbed a second goal in the most dubious of circumstances. Andy Boyle was penalised for a trip inside the box, although it looked like a very harsh decision from the ref. Robbie Benson stepped up and dispatched the penalty confidently. Boyle, who had picked up a yellow card in the 51st minute, appeared to have been booked again by referee Jim McKell, however no red card was forthcoming.

***FAI CUP MATCHES***
    Fcuk all interest in the Cup at this round tbh. Have a bit of info for a few of the games but no "official" tips.

Belgrove -v- Finn Harps
    Belgrove missing around 4 first teamers, they finished up there season on a low a few weeks back so match fitness will not be 100%. Finn Harps -1 Asian could be value, would advise waiting for inplay and stats.

Cork City -v- St. Mochtas FC
    Cork should smash these, St. Mochtas FC are in the 3rd Division of the Leinster Senior League. To put that on par with the Premier Dvision (which Cork play) this would rank at about the 7th Division of Irish football. Cork missing a few and this is the Cup so inplay advised.

Drogheda -v- Cockhill
    Cockhill are the dominate force in the Ulster Senior League, they're mid season and I'd imagine they'll give Drogs a run for their money given Drogs awful run lately.

Could be value in all the following - Wexford, Longford and Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Do these games go to replay if they end in a draw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

The St Patrick's CYFC v St Pats is being played at Richmond now yeah?

Took St Pats -3 in a double with Russia -1, so fingers crossed they score for fun again tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

great tipping gavin fair play

Advertisement