Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League of Ireland betting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Hi all first time poster here, thinking of a treble tonight of

Finn Harps
    Drogheda
    Longford Town
    All to win

Around 9.3 on pp, any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Bateman wrote: »
    Drogs to win at Tolka best bet of the week IMO

Just to be sure, that's Drogheda to beat Shelbourne, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭salmon1

Just to be sure, that's Drogheda to beat Shelbourne, right?

yeh at about 10/11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Kevwoody wrote: »

Finn Harps
    Drogheda
    Longford Town
    All to win

Still a few lads out injured or just coming back to fitness for Longford, we've also been playing terrible football lately. Wexford are super strong and fit, so Longford win is certainly not a safe bet, chances are we'll edge it by 1 goal but it won't be easy.

Drogs win is great value and Harps should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Single
    UCD v St Pats
    Over 2.5 goals 43/40
    So far all UCD league matches gone over 2.5 goals

Singe
    Dundalk v Derry
    BTTS 5/6
    Dundalk last 6 league matches has seen both teams score

Harps are on my blacklist let me down last 2 weeks in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Drogs have been conceding goals every game this year which is worrying. However we are managing to score a few too. I wouldn't be as confident of a comfortable win as some posters.

Both teams will be going all out for a win tonight with a draw no good for either team. Looking forward to it and I would be leaning towards over 2.5 goals at a similar price as a Drogs win which I took last night at 2.16

I have also gone for over 2.5 goals in the Derry vs Dundalk game which is a generous 2.16 too. Once again one would expect Derry to edge the game but the way both teams play I would expect to see goals in this game.

2 singles and a double for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

salmon1 wrote: »
    yeh at about 10/11

11/10 with Hills, it's not the best value ever but really think Shels are going to get worse before they get better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

yeh with betpack and i think pp are the same

My point was more aimed at the fact that Bray always like causing an upset against Rovers and that Rovers can't win a match lately for their dinner, 4/11 is not a price I'd be going near tbh.
    Kevwoody wrote: »

Finn Harps
    Drogheda
    Longford Town
    All to win

Harps missing their best player this season so far (Thomas McGongle(sp)) and McCarron is out (who they missed last week badly in the 0-0 with Mervue). No bet from me as Athlone will most likely won't to get out of 1st gear and get their season on the road.

Not confident either on Longford to get a result in Wexford tbh.
    Bateman wrote: »
    11/10 with Hills, it's not the best value ever but really think Shels are going to get worse before they get better

Only so bad we can get, tonight is essentially a must win when you look at our fixtures for the rest of the month.

***League of Ireland Bets***

Not a great week of betting tbh, been trying to muster up some bets and this is what I've come up with.

Dundalk -v- Derry City - 7.45pm

3rd -v- 2nd

No new injury concerns for either side, but the main news is the return of Patterson into the Derry City squad.

Over 2.5 goals has come in, in 2 out of 3 Derrys away matches this season, while it has come in, in 3 out of 4 Dundalk home matches and 6 out of 7 in home/away matches.

BTTS have come in, in 3 out of 4 home games for Dundalk, while it has come in, in out of 6 out of 7 matches home and away combined. Derry have a good clean sheet stat but I'm fairly confident they will concede here.

Over 2.5 Goals @ 11/10 (General) - MEDIUM STAKE
    Both Teams To Score @ 10/11 (Coral) - MEDIUM STAKE

Shelbourne -v- Drogheda - 8pm

I absolutely HATE backing for/against my own side but Shels are due a couple of goals and a point or 3!

Shels have just 1 point and 1 goal this season, while Drogs are stuck in draw mode with 5 out of 7 games this season being draws. Their away record is 3 draws and a loss, but they can score.

Shels are near full strenght with just two long term injuries being out (EDIT: ALTHOUGH IT'S WASN'T ANNOUNCED IN THE PRESS RELEASE, I'M TOLD OUR FIRST TEAM KEEPER IS OUT, WAIT TILL INPLAY TO STAKE), while Drogs are missing two lesser players who got injured in their 2-1 defeat on Tuesday in the Leinster Senior Cup to non-league side Wayside Celtic (which went to extra time).

A couple of the first team Drogheda side played in that Cup match on Tuesday which could take the edge of some of their players coming into the closing stages of tonight's match. Supposedly Gary O'Neill could be starting for Drogheda his stats ain't the best (in the past 8 years he's played 223 matches for 5 clubs scoring just 56 goals).

Shelbourne DNB @ 7/4 (Bet365) - SMALL STAKE

I won't be around inplay as I'll be at the Shels match, but keep an eye on Salthill DNB inplay, Waterford missing Vinny Sullivan and they've been under-performing so much this season so far.

I'm on that Derry BTTS too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

A few bets in the Dundalk v Derry match for me..

over 2.5 goals @ 2.11 (Main bet)

Derry to win not to nil @ 4.8 (same as Derry to win and both to score but better odds)

Derry to win and over 2.5 goals @ 3.5

I think there should be goals but Derry might just shade it hence the above bets.

That's the plan anyway :P it's gonna be a great or **** night for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

going for a btts treble be of interest for the night

Athlone vs finn harps
    Dundalk vs Derry
    wexford vs Longford

4/1 on PP

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

Nice to have a bet come through this early...thanks for the heads up on Dundalk/Derry BTTS

Derry to win not to nil @ 4.8 (same as Derry to win and both to score but better odds)

I think there should be goals but Derry might just shade it hence the above bets.

Looking very good at the moment for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

it's not often every bet wins for me :D

Drogmal wrote: »
    Drogs have been conceding goals every game this year which is worrying. However we are managing to score a few too. I wouldn't be as confident of a comfortable win as some posters.

Both teams will be going all out for a win tonight with a draw no good for either team. Looking forward to it and I would be leaning towards over 2.5 goals at a similar price as a Drogs win which I took last night at 2.16

I have also gone for over 2.5 goals in the Derry vs Dundalk game which is a generous 2.16 too. Once again one would expect Derry to edge the game but the way both teams play I would expect to see goals in this game.

2 singles and a double for me.

Oh Fabiooooo. And Derry beating Dundalk, good nights work.

Over 2.5 Goals @ 11/10 (General) - MEDIUM STAKE
    Both Teams To Score @ 10/11 (Coral) - MEDIUM STAKE

Shelbourne DNB @ 7/4 (Bet365) - SMALL STAKE

I won't be around inplay as I'll be at the Shels match, but keep an eye on Salthill DNB inplay, Waterford missing Vinny Sullivan and they've been under-performing so much this season so far.

Back to winning ways for the first two, and for anyone on our Facebook betting group the 5/2 bet was a winner too.

How Shels lost I'll never know, once they conceded they switched off and get nailed!

Salthill seemed unlucky, disallowed goal, then went 1-0 down, then 1-1 then lost 2-1. Was plenty of value around inplay for anyone who was keeping an eye.

Back to winning ways for the first two, and for anyone on our Facebook betting group the 5/2 bet was a winner too.

How Shels lost I'll never know, once they conceded they switched off and get nailed!

Salthill seemed unlucky, disallowed goal, then went 1-0 down, then 1-1 then lost 2-1. Was plenty of value around inplay for anyone who was keeping an eye.

You could see the heads go down as soon as Drogs equalised. Even though we didn't create much I thought we shaded the match and once Mick brought on some support for O Neil we looked a much more dangerous side I thought.

You could see the heads go down as soon as Drogs equalised. Even though we didn't create much I thought we shaded the match and once Mick brought on some support for O Neil we looked a much more dangerous side I thought.

Match should have been dead and buried at the start of the second half, instead chances were wasted and it took Mathews till 2-1 down to make changes!

Hope yous didn't mind us joining in your "Mathews what's the score, Mathews, Mathews, what's the score" chant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

Whats the facebook page Gavin??

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Whats the facebook page Gavin??

It's a "secret" group which was set up by a few lads on here (orignally it was a forum for the fixed bets but that wasn't as handy). Anyone who wants in can PM me for access, only thing is people who aren't active in the group will be booted. :D

That time of the week again,tuf enough this week but im going for

St Patrick's Athletic 4/9

Shamrock Rovers 4/11

Longford town 9/10

10 treble pay 37

we all seemed to get something right last night

Match should have been dead and buried at the start of the second half, instead chances were wasted and it took Mathews till 2-1 down to make changes!

Hope yous didn't mind us joining in your "Mathews what's the score, Mathews, Mathews, what's the score" chant!

:D Not at all we got a good laugh, he is not the most popular man in LOI circles especially round our way.

Sligo v Cork
    Sligo to score in both halves 6/4
    Sligo last 6 games has seen this bet come in and also has landed in all 3 home games for Sligo.

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***

SLigo Rovers -v- Cork City - 3.55pm (LIVE ON RTE2)

7 wins out of 7 this season for Sligo, while Cork are still in first gear.

Cork could have a crisis with regards to defenders this afternoon with Kevin Murray (Defender 5 out of 6 matches played) , Dan Murray (Defender 6 out of 6 matches played) while Neal Horgan is doubtful (Defender 3 out of 6 matches played) and Darren Dennehy is suspended (Defender 2 out of 6 matches played).

Sligo have no new injury worries.

Sligo have only conceded once at home this season, and have scored seven league goals in The Showgrounds.

Cork have drawn all 3 away games this season but this is a different class they'll be playing this afternoon.

Sligo -1 Asian @ 1.775 (Bet365) - MEDIUM STAKE
    Elding anytime @ 10/11 (Paddy Power) - MEDIUM STAKE

Cobh Ramblers -v- Mervue Utd - 7.45pm

Not write up, but these two can bags goals!

Over 2.5 goals @ 11/10 (Paddy Power) - SMALL STAKE

• Advertisement

magherakid wrote: »
    Sligo v Cork
    Sligo to score in both halves 6/4
    Sligo last 6 games has seen this bet come in and also has landed in all 3 home games for Sligo.

get in there :D:D

SLigo Rovers -v- Cork City - 3.55pm (LIVE ON RTE2)

7 wins out of 7 this season for Sligo, while Cork are still in first gear.

Cork could have a crisis with regards to defenders this afternoon with Kevin Murray (Defender 5 out of 6 matches played) , Dan Murray (Defender 6 out of 6 matches played) while Neal Horgan is doubtful (Defender 3 out of 6 matches played) and Darren Dennehy is suspended (Defender 2 out of 6 matches played).

Sligo have no new injury worries.

Sligo have only conceded once at home this season, and have scored seven league goals in The Showgrounds.

Cork have drawn all 3 away games this season but this is a different class they'll be playing this afternoon.

Cobh Ramblers -v- Mervue Utd - 7.45pm

Not write up, but these two can bags goals!

Clean sweep Gavin well in :)

BOOM BOOM!
    Clean sweep Gavin well in :)

All going well so far, next weekend looks decent, may have a bet for tonight too.

For some reason over 2.5 goals is standing out to me in Pats and Shels tonight. It shouldn't be as both teams have been involved in a lot of nil games this season. Pats are going to thump a team soon though they can't keep winning 1-0, I am informed they are creating a good few chances too. Shels looked very soft against Drogheda, we scored 3 with Gary O Neil even getting in on the act. Matthews is on his last legs too I reckon.

I think there may be some value in over 2.5 goals @ 2.16 and also Pats -1 @ 2.14 with small-medium stakes.

Value bet tonight, imo, is St. Pats to win by a margin of 1 goal @ 11/4 (Bet365).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Value bet tonight, imo, is St. Pats to win by a margin of 1 goal @ 11/4 (Bet365).

Any thoughts on overs in 2moro's game?

I see Paddy Power have only paid out today on penalty betting Shelbourne v Drogheda at the weekend

Interesting Drogheda have got 6 penalties in 8 league games

Well that didn't go too well, could have been a lot worse than 4-0! :(
    user2011 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on overs in 2moro's game?

League or Setanta Cup?
    I see Paddy Power have only paid out today on penalty betting Shelbourne v Drogheda at the weekend

Interesting Drogheda have got 6 penalties in 8 league games

Was a bit of dodgy betting on the match, in particular, one bet placed.

The league game

For some reason over 2.5 goals is standing out to me in Pats and Shels tonight. It shouldn't be as both teams have been involved in a lot of nil games this season. Pats are going to thump a team soon though they can't keep winning 1-0, I am informed they are creating a good few chances too. Shels looked very soft against Drogheda, we scored 3 with Gary O Neil even getting in on the act. Matthews is on his last legs too I reckon.

I think there may be some value in over 2.5 goals @ 2.16 and also Pats -1 @ 2.14 with small-medium stakes.

I'll take that, a good nights work. Nothing really standing out in tonights league match.

In the Setanta I might wait for some in play betting on Drogheda vs Sligo.

You would have to fancy Rovers to get by Cork easily enough tonight. Rovers are 1.71 for the win which is decent, Cork offered nothing going forward against Sligo with Dennis Behan leading the line. Rovers will have more depth to be able to deal with 3 games in a week plus they have had an extra days rest than Cork and no travelling. Rovers -1 is 2.62 if you fancy them to continue on from Friday against Bray. I do. Rovers clean sheet is 2.20.

On the Drogheda pens, 3 of them came in one game and we haven't had any real dodgy ones from what I remember. I presume the suspicion of the bookies is that opposition players could be giving away peno's on purpose. Or maybe the refs just really like us this year :p

2-1 Limerick :( I didn't bet on it!!!

Rovers back to their old ways last night, the Bray win may have been due more to Bray missing bodies that Rovers superiority, lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Mervue missing 3 or 4 first teamers and a 17 year old starting in goals. Anyone think Wexford are worth a punt, draw no bet maybe? Or will Mervue still be too strong.

Philly_C wrote: »
    Mervue missing 3 or 4 first teamers and a 17 year old starting in goals. Anyone think Wexford are worth a punt, draw no bet maybe? Or will Mervue still be too strong.

I've been keeping tabs on this match since last week and the red cards galore match, only thing that worries me about Wexford is they have a young team so long journeys after being in school, college, work, etc... that morning won't benefit them.

I've a mental long day tomorrow with work and a trek to Cork for the Shelbourne match so keeping this brief and to the point.

Bohemians -v- Dundalk - 7.45pm

No new injury worries.

Bohs have only scored 2 goals in their last 5 matches in the League (one was a penalty and one was pure luck), mainly due to Christ Lyons being out injured (their main marksman), he should return tomorrow but can't see him being too sharpe on front of goal.

Dundalks League standing is due to them having an impressive 3 wins from 3 on the road to date (just to note all wins were against Dublin sides), going 5 home matches without a win. Bohs home record has been poor to date, with 2 loses, a draw and a win against a very weak UCD side (who were down to 10 men from the 20th minute).
    Bohs have scored 5 goals this season in 7 matches, with only 2 of them being scored at home, both in the UCD match noted above.

Dundalk have 13 goals, 7 of those have been away from home in just 3 matches.
    All signs point to Dundalk, but with Dundalk conceding 3 times in their 3 away matches there's a risk so the DNB will be the bet!

Dundalk DNB @ 4/5 (General) - MEDIUM STAKE

Derry City -v- Shamrock Rovers - 7.45pm

Few injury worries to both sides, both teams have the cover to replace them though.
    Rovers have 3 games in 7 days, this being the second, Cork at home on Monday in Tallaght which ended 1-1, now a long trip to Derry and a long trip to Cork for Monday evenings second leg.

I have a feeling Rovers will be counting this match tonight as the priority over Cork in the Setanta Cup, any let up and Sligo can make another dent in their title chances.
    Derry are on a 5 game winning streak, while Rovers recorded a 7-0 win over a weak Bray last week they were on a 6 game draw streak previous.

Derry DNB @ 10/11 (William Hill) - MEDIUM STAKE

Mervue Utd -v- Wexford Youths - 7.45pm

Mervue have 3 players suspended (2 defenders and their first team keeper) and one injured (defender whos played 5 out of 6 games) out of a squad of 21. Mervue United under 17 goalkeeper Peter Healy will make his league debut on Friday.

Two inconsistent sides in my opinion, Mervues position in the table is overrated!

Wexford Youths DNB @ 13/8 (Paddy Power) - SMALL STAKE
    Wexford Youths @ 5/2 (Paddy Power) - VERY SMALL STAKE

Finn Harps -v- Salthill - 8pm

Finn Harps with 2 new injurys and a few still out. Salthill could be missing striker Enda Curran which could be huge! This is really a wait for the team bet but I won't be around tomorrow at all.

2 games without a goal for Harps, but this could be the match to get their title challenge back on track. Only 6 games in, but Harps need a win against a weak Salthill side.

Finn Harps - 1 Asian @ 1.675 (Bet365) - MEDIUM STAKE

• Advertisement

Derry, Dundalk, Cork and Finn Harps returns 14.74 with Will Hill. I think Drogheda are too short to beat UCD but i could be well wrong and I would rather just sit and watch the St Pats match and no bet

2 bets this weekend for me:

Bohs v Dundalk over 2.5, 2.38 Pinnacle best price
    Cork v Shels DRAW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Harps -1 and Drogs -1 just over 4/1. I'll have that.

Sligo and dundalk may be another double. Tempted by Wexford as well. Plenty of suspensions for mervue.

Bohemians v Dundalk
    Over 2.5 Goals 11/8
    BTTS 1/1

Dundalk's last 7 games and their 3 away games so far have gone over 2.5 and has seen both teams score.

In Limerick's first eight games, there have been a total of 21 bookings, 5 red cards and 6 penalties

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Going to follow some of the tips....Derry and Dundalk both DNB -double.....overs double in Pats (5/4) and Bohs (5/4) .....Wexford DNB (13/8) and a goal in both halves in Harps game Yes (4/6)- double.
    Dundalk Derry, Cork and Harps to win- small acc for interest

Bet beat by a 90th minute goal for Shelbourne. Good call on that game Bateman

Dundalk DNB @ 4/5 (General) - MEDIUM STAKE

Derry DNB @ 10/11 (William Hill) - MEDIUM STAKE

Wexford Youths DNB @ 13/8 (Paddy Power) - SMALL STAKE
    Wexford Youths @ 5/2 (Paddy Power) - VERY SMALL STAKE

Finn Harps - 1 Asian @ 1.675 (Bet365) - MEDIUM STAKE

Dundalk win, Derry win, Wexford get smashed and Harps refund. Not bad!

• Advertisement

Bray v Limerick
    Limerick 1/1
    Limerick goals over 1.5 21/20

Bray have only scored 4 goals so far in league and havent scored in their last 3 matches.

Advertisement