Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying with Ryanair - Question about pram

Options
  • 27-02-2012 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

My wife, 4 month old son and myself are flying to Slovakia in April with Ryanair.
    It states on their website:
    one fully collapsible pushchair per child may be carried free of charge

We are planning on bringing this:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2-1-TRAVEL-SYSTEM-NEWBUGS-NEW-BABY-STROLLER-BUGGY-RD-/130399214821

We are bringing the flat pram part. The frame is "fully collapsable", but the part where he sleeps is not. Would this be allowed?
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I think you will have to check each part in separately and you may have to pay extra for the carry cot part. I would get a bag to fit it into also as it could get quite dirty in the hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Lola92 wrote: »
    I think you will have to check each part in separately and you may have to pay extra for the carry cot part. I would get a bag to fit it into also as it could get quite dirty in the hold.

Yeah I know with ours which is a baby jogger city select we were told we would have to check it in - we are also travelling but in may with a 12 wk old and we are buying the stokke pram pack to put it into as we're advised it could get damaged otherwise! Can't afford to replace it so the 80 quid for the bag is cheap in comparison as we will use it regularly (ish!) .
    I think it's best to pk all travel systems etc and check in , I would only bring a cheap buggy thru without checking in as they just fling them onto the plane and I'd say often get broken!
    We are planning on using a sling or baby carrier from check in to gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

You should be grand, just get a tag for each piece and wheel it to the plane. Collapse it and leave it at the bottom of the steps to plane and they'll take it from there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We went to Amsterdam when our son was 4 months but we had a phil and teds so it was taken at the door of the plane. However it was a total pain to travel with because it was so hard to disassemble and fold up.

My advice is to look for a buggy that is collapsible but suitable for a 4 month old because you'll need it again. A sling/baby carrier is also essential for airport travel.

I bought a second hand mclaren recently and we're abroad at the moment and it's been the best investment ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I used a Maclaren umbrella buggy when I travelled with my then 9 month old thinking that I couldn't use a bigger travel system.
    However a the airport (flying Ryanair) everyone else had 2 part travel systems such as Quinny Buzz/Maxi cosi mura's etc, all one's that had to be seperated and there was no issue.

I agree they do tend to get a bit manky in the hold of the plane though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kenobrien

dublinlady wrote: »
    We are planning on using a sling or baby carrier from check in to gate.
    Yeah, I'm thinking this is a good option alright, we've got a decent McLaren one. TBH, I don't know if the little lad will be old enough for the normal strollers/fold up buggies. He'll going to be 4 months old by then. I'd prefer to go this way, as we can buy a moses basket when we get there (beats paying Ryanair €50!)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kenobrien

I used a Maclaren umbrella buggy when I travelled with my then 9 month old thinking that I couldn't use a bigger travel system.
    However a the airport (flying Ryanair) everyone else had 2 part travel systems such as Quinny Buzz/Maxi cosi mura's etc, all one's that had to be seperated and there was no issue.

I agree they do tend to get a bit manky in the hold of the plane though.

Hadn't read this when I wrote the last reply, but that sounds promising alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We travelled to Slovakia with RA when our baby was young and didn't have any problems with a 2 piece pram.

When we're going now we tend to fly in through Krakow with Aer Lingus.

Its a much more pleasant experience and they usually give us a full row even though we only have 2 seats booked.

My wife is going over on her own with the baby soon so we'll have to see how it works out..but its AL :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone used on of these, Bella Baby have them on special for €149

http://www.maxi-cosi.com/products/strollers/strollers/noa.aspx

Advertisement