Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about buying a new Xbox360

Options
  • 27-02-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭

Hello everyone,sorry if there has been a thread about this topic before,but im looking for advice,I had a Xbox before and it got the RROD which to say the least was a fair kick in the stones,was going to it repaired but I was told by a mate that it was a waste of time,anyway Im thinking about getting another one,do the new Xbox360s have the same problem as the old ones with over heating issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

no issues that i've heard of. knock yourself out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

rrod is all but gone with the new ones

Amazon don't have any deals atm, so HMV would likely be the cheapest.

and whatever you do, don't buy a 4gb one, you'd sorely regret it

(btw, you should sell your old one on adverts.ie, you'll get approx €30-€40, bit more with extras like controllers/wireless adapter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

Nothing as bad as the RROD issue with the new console although as with any electronic device there may be some issues.

Also your mate who said there was no point getting your console fixed is an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Amazon don't have any deals atm, so HMV would likely be the cheapest.

Amazon don't have any deals right now but they are still cheaper than any store here by about €20 and have free delivery.

Any RROD problem and you ring MS anyway and they look after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Amazon don't have any deals right now but they are still cheaper than any store here by about €20 and have free delivery.
    Eh, no they're not. HMV will do a console with one of GOW3, BF3, or several other games, for €230. You'll pay about €225 minimum for the console alone from Amazon with favourable exchange, and once you factor in the VAT difference, so buy the HMV one and even sell/trade in the game that comes with it and you come out ahead there.

ETA: Even tesco are doing GOW3 and a 250GB console for 240, so still favourable beside Amazon, if that's cheaper/easier to get to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I got a cool limited edition MW3 Console with 320 GB, two MW3 controllers, a headset and regular copy of MW3 from gamestop for 260 Euro with free delivery.

Advertisement