Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spleodar Interview

• 27-02-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey guys :) I'm in fifth year and my parents are practically forcing me to go to the Gaeltacht this summer. I was there once before in the summer of second year and hated it,but they think I'll like it now that I'm older.
    I've got to learn the Irish national anthem by Wednesday evening,because I've got an interview for spleodar then.
    I'm doing pass Irish, so I haven't a hope of learning the whole thing and I know I won't be able to recite it to the interviewer.
    Does anyone know if knowing the Irish anthem is a major part of the interview? As in if I go blank and screw it up will I be unable to go during the summer?

Thanks
    Conall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Did my first interview ages ago and had the same problem as you with Amhrán na bhFiann. The only reason they want you to learn it is because its sang every morning on the course. I can remember that I only knew a bit of it for the interview but Clár (the woman interviewing me) was really helpful and told me not to worry about it really! :D Trust me after a few days you'll know both parts inside out! I highly doubt they'd stop you from going based on your recital of the national anthem.. your paying the money like! Just try your best to learn at least some of it and you'll be grand :)

Advertisement