Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident at entrance to Park of NCT Centre

Options
  • 27-02-2012 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Traffic diverted through the Industrial Estate coming from Carrickphierish Rd. What appears to be a very bad car accident down at the entrance to the park where the NCT Centre is. At least 2 cars involved, maybe 3. TBH I've never seen so many emergency vehicles in one spot. One car up on its side. Ambulance staff working on someone at side of the road.

Can only hope no-one has been seriously injured or killed. :(

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

NCT beside the Park? I thought the NCT was up by Cleaboy Industrial Estate?

Hope all is okay anyway :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Sully wrote: »
    NCT beside the Park? I thought the NCT was up by Cleaboy Industrial Estate?

Hope all is okay anyway :/

No, I meant the Industrial Park where the NCT Centre is located, not sure what the name of it is, but yeah it's the one just up from Genzyme. At least 4 Fire Engines, 2 Ambulances and a few Gardai patrol cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

batm!ke wrote: »

No, I meant the Industrial Park where the NCT Centre is located, not sure what the name of it is, but yeah it's the one just up from Genzyme. At least 4 Fire Engines, 2 Ambulances and a few Gardai patrol cars.

Yeah I just got diverted on my way home, serious amount of rescue vehicles there. Hopefully not as serious as the response makes it look.

I'm only driving a short while and I'm after seeing a few near misses on it. That stretch of road is a nightmare with people inching out from both sides of the estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Hopefully everyone is ok. I've seen people flying on that road for years and with there being so many entrances, there's always a danger of a serious accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Havnt seen the gatso van down that way in months, since they finished that lane it used to be sat in be mc inerneys.

• Advertisement

Myself and the girlfriend passed it a while ago, I only saw one car, a small black one, with the front mashed and the airbags deployed, I didnt see the other one but going by the girlfriends reaction I dont think it was in great shape at all. Hope everyone is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

sully i,m surprised you were,nt the first person to come across this!! ya usually are lol, on a serious note hope all are ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Havnt seen the gatso van down that way in months, since they finished that lane it used to be sat in be mc inerneys.
    Ye I'm living on carrickphierish rd and gatso van use to be parked across from genzyme all the time but not over the last few months ? Any more info on crash??

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

jo06555 wrote: »
    Ye I'm living on carrickphierish rd and gatso van use to be parked across from genzyme all the time but not over the last few months ? Any more info on crash??

That is now a road lane though for people going into Cleaboy business park, so they can't sit there really (Although they prob could because no-one seems to use the lane properly)

The four fire engines flew past me as I was driving earlier. With four of them bombing on, it never looks good.

Hopefully it turns out ok, with the entrance to the main industrial estate and the junction entrance to the northern extension it is usually a case of any car could be going anywhere.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

sully i,m surprised you were,nt the first person to come across this!! ya usually are lol, on a serious note hope all are ok

With work, im generally out and about a lot in the car but thankfully I have only ever came across one accident. Don't think iv ever been unlucky enough to arrive at a scene and be the first, thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

I passed that way again on the way home and there is just a lot of sawdust and broken glass on the ground. My gf assures me that it's a good sign that the road is open and there is no trace of the Guards, it usually means there wasn't a fatality she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

I passed that way again on the way home and there is just a lot of sawdust and broken glass on the ground. My gf assures me that it's a good sign that the road is open and there is no trace of the Guards, it usually means there wasn't a fatality she said.

Ye hopefully their is no fatalitys , we may hear more tommorrow about it .

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Greengunner

jo06555 wrote: »

Ye hopefully their is no fatalitys , we may hear more tommorrow about it .
    I only live around on the carrickphierish rd, didnt hear anything, hope anybody involved is ok. It can be dogey there cars coming out of the estate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Yea I saw all the green stuff all over the road coming into work (I work in the Nct). It's all over the entrance, whatever happened,it looks bad !

It's the knockhouse industrial est.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tiny-tyno

Hi Everyone,

Just to let ye know the person in one of the cars is all ok,just badly bruised went to hospital to make sure all was ok and was home that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

tiny-tyno wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Just to let ye know the person in one of the cars is all ok,just badly bruised went to hospital to make sure all was ok and was home that night.

That's great news altogether.

Advertisement