Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Export opportunity to Germany, sheep intestines, for Irish Farmers.

• 27-02-2012 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,817372,00.html
    For centuries, the citizens of Nuremberg have celebrated their petite bratwurst, which are often served up by the half dozen on heart-shaped plates. But one local producer says his costs have nearly tripled in the past 18 months, due to the rising costs of one key ingredient: sheep's intestines from Iran.

The price of sheep's intestines from Iran has risen dramatically recently and looks like getting cut off completely, if open war breaks out or if further sanctions are imposed.
    I think Irish sheep farmers should take advantage of this situation and try to use the present crisis to form commercial contacts with Nuremberg Bratwurst Sausage makers.
    Germans have a lot of speciality sausage makers and I see no reason some of the smaller German sausage manufacturing companies, would not be interested in making speciality German sausages, with high quality Irish ingedients.
    I think Irish sheep farmers should be exporting intestines to Germany for sausage manufacture.
    What is your opinion on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

As they say about the pig " eat everything but the oink ":D
    I think they should sell every possible part of our produce to every possible market .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Theres more than that if you wanted to look at utilising all parts of animals.
    They sell a lot of dried beef head parts for dog chews.
    Lips/Ears/Windpipes/Tripe etc etc.
    Dried at 130 deg C and sold for good money to pet owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Sheep testicles are imported by a number of countries from Iran too - possibly a new export market??

Advertisement