Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia PureView 808 - 41 megapixel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

jimmynokia wrote: »

yeah but strange that it would disappear off the UK site after being on it for over a month and quoting 30th June as the release date - it moved to "temporarily unavailable" to disappearing altogether!

Is that a re-seller rather than Amazon itself? Anyway, not spending that much - would rather this package!!

http://aligonemobile.blogspot.ie/2012/07/pureview-808-available-from-smartbuy.html

yeah but strange that it would disappear off the UK site after being on it for over a month and quoting 30th June as the release date - it moved to "temporarily unavailable" to disappearing altogether!

Is that a re-seller rather than Amazon itself? Anyway, not spending that much - would rather this package!!

http://aligonemobile.blogspot.ie/2012/07/pureview-808-available-from-smartbuy.html

Just order from link above or are you waiting until it drops?

Just order from link above or are you waiting until it drops?

wait for a drop I think - that's a bit steep.

Funny though, I remember buying the N95 sim free way back when, and as far as I recall it wasn't far off this price.

wait for a drop I think - that's a bit steep.

Funny though, I remember buying the N95 sim free way back when, and as far as I recall it wasn't far off this price.

Same here yeah great phone back in the day still have it..

• Advertisement

back up on amazon uk saying in stock 5th july

just doing the sums...adding 3% to the Amazon UK price to cater for the extra Irish VAT they will charge and using an exchange rate of 0.80 the price to get this in my hands is about €650.

That's asking too much I think much as I would love it. Nokia could have sold loads more if not being greedy.

just doing the sums...adding 3% to the Amazon UK price to cater for the extra Irish VAT they will charge and using an exchange rate of 0.80 the price to get this in my hands is about €650.

That's asking too much I think much as I would love it. Nokia could have sold loads more if not being greedy.

Phones on line are at 619 euro ATM.. NO DATE THOUGH

Keep an eye on handtec uk too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Think the white can be gotten for €599 from amazon.de + P&P which is €7 i think

Davy wrote: »

There was one left yesterday..

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »

+4% VAT (Germany 19% vs Ireland 23%) charged = €623+ delivery = €630.

Phones online may still be cheapest but still too dear :D

I reckon after the initial orders are gone through and the guys who can't wait have purchased, price will drop a little.

The Phonehouse in France have put the 808 up (available soon) with contract prices available at this link from €279

http://www.phonehouse.fr/nokia/808-pureview-blanc/NO808PUREVIEWW#menu-tab

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

Is there any general schedule for likely price drops for phones in this market segment? I'm dying to get my hands on the 808 and would shell out probably €300-400 sim-free if none of the Irish networks are picking it up. €600+ is just a tad unjustifiable though.

Blut2 wrote: »
    Is there any general schedule for likely price drops for phones in this market segment? I'm dying to get my hands on the 808 and would shell out probably €300-400 sim-free if none of the Irish networks are picking it up. €600+ is just a tad unjustifiable though.

Unlikely/no way Irish networks are going to take it unless it explodes in popularity. As a sim free it will be a long time before it goes from circa €600 to €400 unless no-one buys it at all.

Gone off the amazon uk website AGAIN. And today is supposed to be "in stock" day!

great review from Steve Litchfield of The Phone Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9Towmx1h3iY

great review from Steve Litchfield of The Phone Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9Towmx1h3iY
    One of few symbian fans left even though his reviews are getting worse as time goes on.
    He gave the lumia 900 a poor review.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

One of few symbian fans left even though his reviews are getting worse as time goes on.

He writes for www.allaboutsymbian.com - any .amount of 808 stuff up there.

He's never steered me wrong !

long_b wrote: »

He writes for www.allaboutsymbian.com - any .amount of 808 stuff up there.

He's never steered me wrong !

I'm well aware who he is been following him since site launched getting emails daily for years and now follow him on twitter.
    And I'm hoping to meet him this year at a Nokia bloggers event.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I'm well aware who he is been following him since site launched getting emails daily for years and now follow him on twitter.

It's not a private thread Jimmy - just sharing some background for folks

long_b wrote: »

It's not a private thread Jimmy - just sharing some background for folks

Private? Don't see that word mentioned at all lol..

• Advertisement

AmazonUS have it now for $699

On Amazon uk now for 519 Sterling, way to expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Guys, I've gone ahead an ordered it, it should be here by early next week :D

Wasn't cheap, 569 euros from amazon.fr http://www.amazon.fr/Nokia-Smartphone-Bi-mode-EGPRS-Bluetooth/dp/B008DR3PP4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341955525&sr=8-1

I cannot WAIT to play with it, unbox it and review it on YouTube!

My channel is www.youtube.com/jasonjalet and I will be doing videos of it as soon as I get it!

I'm French so if anybody else is interested and need help translating anything from Amazon.fr just let me know!

:cool:

^^ also, www.amazon.fr is the cheapest I've come across that's actually in stock aswell!

I got mine just a few minutes in the post :-)

Upon startup the first thing I noticed is the poor screen resolution, but coming from a S3 I expected that!

I will let you guys know how I get on in the next few hours :)

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    I got mine just a few minutes in the post :-)

Upon startup the first thing I noticed is the poor screen resolution, but coming from a S3 I expected that!

I will let you guys know how I get on in the next few hours :)

You got it delivered in one day from France or you're actually in France as well as being French?! :)

You got it delivered in one day from France or you're actually in France as well as being French?! :)

Im half french, I live in tallaght. Got it delivered from amazon france. :)

will French version or Italian version etc have different software keyboards or any other differences or is it just a case of selecting language options? Other than a 2 pin plug is there anything to worry about?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

will French version or Italian version etc have different software keyboards or any other differences or is it just a case of selecting language options? Other than a 2 pin plug is there anything to worry about?

Only difference is 2 pin charger.

• Advertisement

I've been looking at my bank balance and its not looking good, I have VRT to pay for amongs holidays etc, so as much as I've (barely) enjoyed the Pureview, I'll have to stick it up for sale already :(

I don't mind if it doesnt sell cause I have a use for it but for now I'm gonna stick it up anyway.

I'll still be reviewing it on youtube and doing an unboxing tho!

Beautiful phone, every one who passes by me asks to have a look ha :cool:

Advertisement