Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St.Patrick's Parade

Options
  • 27-02-2012 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

http://www.galwaynews.ie/24474-first-ever-morning-start-city-st-patricks-parade

11.30am!!

Granted I am not a morning person, at all, but I always found it started too early anyway.

Is this really going to increase business, or will it just make less people attend? I assume that is the rational behind it, given that it seems to have been suggested by city businesses.

Surely people coming in from out of the city will be put off altogether by the earlier start?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Little My wrote: »
    http://www.galwaynews.ie/24474-first-ever-morning-start-city-st-patricks-parade

given that it seems to have been suggested by city businesses pubs.

fixed that for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Yeah it's so that retailers don't loose a days trade on Saturday as Monday is a bank holiday also and believe it or not, many retailers were seeking to have the parade moved to Monday!:rolleyes:

I can't imagine families hanging around town though once the parade is over to go shopping, just gets too messy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Maybe Sunday = pubs can't serve alcohol until 12 noon, hence people might actually stay sober for the parade itself? Mad idea I know, it's the only thing I could come up with.

Agree it's on way too early though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

The St. Patricks Day parade should be on St. Patricks Day, whatever day that happens to be

Advertisement