Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming pc build €1000 tips??

Options
  • 27-02-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

well going to build a pc need to buy everything but the monitor need some tips on what to get.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Fill out the questions in my sig, we need more information :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

war2k10 wrote: »
    Well what type of computer can i build for €1000 don't need a monitor just everything else :o

1. What is your budget? [€1000]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

Fill in the rest of that and someone here will help you pick out parts. Welcome to boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭war2k10

1. What is your budget? [€1000]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video/small bit of programming. Games = mw3, fallout nv, bf3....stuff like that, I hope to move on to better games after awhile

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No] I'm using windows 7

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? no

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [n/a]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080] [No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] yes

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [maybe]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser] all

9. When are you purchasing? [1 month]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Wexford]

Fill in the rest of that and someone here will help you pick out parts. Welcome to boards :)[/ thank :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Without GPU:

Item|Price
    Total build cost: €684.31 + €30 shipping
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155|€188.78
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€113.16
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€32.63
    Cooler Master HAF 912 schwarz, ohne Netzteil|€72.41
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 650W|€69.86
    Samsung SH-222AB bare schwarz SATA|€15.95
    Crucial M4 64GB SSD 6,4cm (2,5")|€85.76
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB, SATA II (HD502HJ)|€72.00
    Thermalright HR-02 Macho|€33.76

Basically assuming the 7870 is decent value and costs around €250-€300 get that. Its being released shortly. Check back a few days before you order.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭war2k10

Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement