Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i lodge a chq marked account payee only?

• 27-02-2012 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

i have a chq from revenue marked account payee only
    assume the chq is made out to john doe

i assume i can lodge to an account in the name of john doe.
    can i lodge to a joint account where john doe is one of the holders?
    is there anyway to lodge to an account that john doe is not listed on, if john doe presents himself in person with id?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

You must lodge into an account in the name of John doe.

1. Into johns personal account.

2. If John Doe has an account with his wife Jane, that is fine you can lodge into that account.

3. If John has an account called John Doe t/a The Doe a Deer Hunting Co. you can lodge into that also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Or,

You can return to the revenue and ask them to remove the crossing....highly unlikey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

The revenue wont remove the crossing they are standardised cheques that wont be changed.

If your lodging to a joint account make sure the payee i.e. john doe signs the back of the cheque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Richie6904 wrote: »
    The revenue wont remove the crossing they are standardised cheques that wont be changed.

If your lodging to a joint account make sure the payee i.e. john doe signs the back of the cheque.

The purpose of doing that on a crossed chq is what :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

amdublin wrote: »
    The purpose of doing that on a crossed chq is what :confused:

i wonder myself. is it for security in case the cheque is stolen...
    it's good for revenue though. if you're say a plumber and get a cheque you cant 'cash' it in a shop or use it to pay someone else.it must be lodged into your own account so if there's an audit you're nailed if you dont declare it.

I dont see the issue with a crossed 'revenue' cheque.....it's not as if they wont know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Richie6904 wrote: »

They can be changed, just won't be unless it's exceptional circumstances.

Advertisement