Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would you offer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,602 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Thats a nice looking gaff.

I know nothing about where this is, but I'd guess in this market maybe 275?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Nice house alright but I think it will be very hard to sell a 6 bedroom house in todays climate.It won't make the asking price,I'd think more in the region of 175000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pawnacide

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=412933

Here's a similar one, are they built by the same builder ? .. the interior would need to be done to a ridiculously high spec to make it worth 275k. I'm presuming there's no kitchen in yet as it's not mentioned while the tiled bathrooms are.

Nice house but let's assume the one I've given the link for can be bought for 135k (10% off) then you gotta add a realistic figure for the detached garage, flooring, tiled bathrooms etc etc .. Your guess is as good as mine but hard to see more than 40 - 50 k more.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

6 bed house but they could all be very small bedrooms !

If they are looking for 350k I'd go in at the 280k with the hope of getting it for 295k, how long is it on the market?, this will be a determining fact in whether I'd go in sub 280k. It's an acre but it's also half hour from Galway. Try check out how long its for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

pawnacide wrote: »

Here's a similar one, are they built by the same builder ? .. the interior would need to be done to a ridiculously high spec to make it worth 275k. I'm presuming there's no kitchen in yet as it's not mentioned while the tiled bathrooms are.

Nice house but let's assume the one I've given the link for can be bought for 135k (10% off) then you gotta add a realistic figure for the detached garage, flooring, tiled bathrooms etc etc .. Your guess is as good as mine but hard to see more than 40 - 50 k more.

It's 4 bed and on 0.5 acre, one OP is in about is 6 bed and on 1 acre - 200,000.00 euro is a helluva difference all the same !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

hard to tell without photos of inside, but I expect it's built to a decent standard.
    for a one off house like that I'd offer about 200k max

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Start your bid low,you can always go up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭garyt43

first of all thank you for replies........what i was thinking would have being in the 195k mark. i did some research into it and its being on the market for at least three yrs and had an original price tag of 400k+....i rang the estate agent earlier and the current price of the house is down to 300k but according to the agent the owner will not go below that price. If he doesnt i can imagine it will be on the market for the foreseeable future. i will be viewing the house within the next few days so i will see if its worth the money that is being asked......

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭garyt43

pawnacide wrote: »

That house is literally a 10 second drive from the house above but for some reason doesnt look good in reality compared to the picture. The other reason i am put off by this property is that there is another one pretty similar built next door with no occupants. So if you do buy it, god knows when the one next door will be sold......

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Half built? http://www.daft.ie/CoolooMountain

Built, but is it finished? http://www.daft.ie/1412933

Finished, but pricey: http://www.daft.ie/1278039

All on sale by the same agent. I'd low-ball the top one, and bring an electrician friend with you, as I'm thinking it needs 2nd fixing from the description.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pawnacide

garyt43 wrote: »
    That house is literally a 10 second drive from the house above but for some reason doesnt look good in reality compared to the picture. The other reason i am put off by this property is that there is another one pretty similar built next door with no occupants. So if you do buy it, god knows when the one next door will be sold......

Ok, but at 150k it could be used as a yardstick to add weight to an offer of in and around 180k. Unfortunately it's with the same agent. If it's not the same builder you could put in an offer of 120k on house I mentioned and 180k on the house you like .. might concentrate the mind of the agent and seller.

If the 120k is accepted just say you prefer the other one and tell the agent you'll make one more offer and get a new bottom line from the seller. At least then you'll know the real price.

As regards the 300k price .. you'd be hard pressed to get a reasonable valuer to sign off on that with the other two houses at 150k. While you personally might not like them it's hard to justify the 150k more for the one you do like.

Advertisement