Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why should I buy an Ipad 2 over an android tab?

• 27-02-2012 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey guys.

Really want to get an ipad 2 but just wondering is it superior, inferior or the same as an android tab such as the galaxy tab?

For peace of mind, would ye mind giving me some reasons why an iPad 2 is a better choice than an android tablet? Help guys cos I'm lost!

Thanks everyone!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Hey guys.

Really want to get an ipad 2 but just wondering is it superior, inferior or the same as an android tab such as the galaxy tab?

For peace of mind, would ye mind giving me some reasons why an iPad 2 is a better choice than an android tablet? Help guys cos I'm lost!

Thanks everyone!!

Would it really have hurt to use the "search" function ? This question has been flogged to death here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

and I'd hold off on buying an iPad2 with the expected launch of the iPad3 in a couple of weeks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Hey guys.

Thanks everyone!!

IMO the iPad is still the only tablet worth talking about at the moment. But I'd recommend using both and deciding yourself. Comparing specs and features really doesn't tell you anything about the usability of the device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

If there was a definitive answer to this, then one system would have 100% of sales and the other would have none. Which system are you more familiar with? What do you want to get out of it? How much do you want to pay?

I haven't made the jump to a tablet yet, but I've been using Macs since way back when (I still have my 1991 Macintosh Classic II with its huuuuge 40MB hard drive). I currently have an iPhone 4S and MacBook Pro. I'll probably spring for an iPad because (a) I'm familiar with the system, (b) my experience is that it's very easy to use, (c) Apple stuff is not prone to either breakdowns or viruses.

AFAIK, the Android system 'borrows' heavily from iOS, so there's not liable to be a great difference between them anyway.

Cathal's right though - the iPad 3 (or possibly 2S) is due out within a few weeks, so it would be insanity to cough up for an iPad 2 until you've had a look at the iPad 3. An unveil is expected in about 10 to 14 days and it'll be in the shops shortly after that. The big rumoured new selling point is a 'retina' display with the same kind of screen resolution that you get on an iPhone. For watching videos, game playing etc that would be a big plus in the iPad's direction. Keep reading this sub-forum over the next couple of weeks and you'll be able to follow the feedback on iPad 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

*exhumes flogged horse*

*flogs it some more*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

It's like asking if you should buy coke or Pepsi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

It's like asking if you should buy coke or Pepsi.

Buy the Coke;)

Advertisement