Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DTL Etiquette

Options
  • 27-02-2012 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Was at a registered shoot there at Lakelands at the weekend.. and although I'm shooting years, my first DTL, registered or not. :)
    Have to say I loved the experience, and very much something I'll be getting well stuck into..

But just wondering, DTL Etiquette? I felt like a bit of a plank, looking around to see what everyone else was doing.. So could somebody straighten things out for me here?

The first round, we pointed to our targets..and were requested to discharge our guns.. why is this? Looking back, is it to show our guns are fit for the task? I was a bit slow on the uptake with that one, and didn't fire, but nothing was said..

So if you were in attendance and noticed...that's me. :D

And if anyone's interested...87 kills and 327 points (if memory serves)..i'm not proclaiming to be a great shooter- far too many second barrels, and was expecting to break 90, but i'll put it down to nerves. :)

thankyou. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

I understand that the first shot is to settle the shooter and ensure they havent left the safety on, ive done this loads and it can screw up your shot when you pull and the safety is on.
    And the higest score in DTL is 100-300 i just checked the scores from sunday on the icpsa website and your score is more likely 237.
    Ist barrel kill is 3 points second barell is 2 points and a miss is zero
    Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GtotheD

sorry, 237, slight misprint!
    thanks for clearing that up for me..would have benefitted from that so, was fair shakey, first shot-missed.
    and the point, obviously to show where you intend to fire?
    am i forgetting/missing anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭kemen

keep at it, everyday you go out you'll learn something new and be gaining experiance...

i intend to kemen..very high standard of shooting that day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Sporting and FITASC shooters call DTL tiddleywinks;)

Regarding etiquette, its considered bad manners to noisily fling your spent cartridges into the bin just as the next shooter calls pull.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭kemen

Sporting and FITASC shooters call DTL tiddleywinks;)

Regarding etiquette, its considered bad manners to noisily fling your spent cartridges into the bin just as the next shooter calls pull.

give respect and you'll get respect!! its only right....

i pocketed mine until the end of each round, so no problem there..

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

GtotheD wrote: »
    The first round, we pointed to our targets..and were requested to discharge our guns.. why is this? Looking back, is it to show our guns are fit for the task? I was a bit slow on the uptake with that one, and didn't fire, but nothing was said..

This is known as clearing your barrels. As the lads above said its to ensure you don't have your safety on and to be sure that your gun fires. Its up to you if you want to do it. There is no obligation to do it. Its just for yourself.

Advertisement