Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Xbox, Recommendations?

Options
  • 27-02-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

Just picked up a 250GB Xbox since my PS3 bit the dust. I'm just wondering what exclusives are worth playing? Like is it worth playing GOW1 or should I just go for GOW3? Similarly L4D?

Also any essential XBLA stuff I should look out for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

get all three GOWs, they'll be available for net to nothing at this stage. i'd start at the beginning personally.

as for L4D, i've never even played 2, not sure if it's completely reliant on the back story from 1.

have a look on the arcade, if you can get games like Limbo, Shadow Complex, Splosion Man, Trials etc. on the cheap you'll be good go for the time being

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

theteal wrote: »
    have a look on the arcade, if you can get games like Limbo, Shadow Complex, Splosion Man, Trials etc. on the cheap you'll be good go for the time being

yeah, they're 3 great games, cheaper to buy on the compilation disc though

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004Y3S6W8%3FSubscriptionId%3D035HRQETZS3GCGBJ3F82%26tag%3Dmffindgame-21%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB004Y3S6W8

fook, i did not know that was available. OP, unless they're all going for half price on xbl (which is probably unlikely), this is a must buy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Dont know if you played Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 but if you did it would be worth picking up the first Mass Effect which im sure you could pick up for next to nothing at this stage. Id also recommend picking up Forza 4 if you are into car games.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

theteal wrote: »
    get all three GOWs, they'll be available for net to nothing at this stage. i'd start at the beginning personally.

as for L4D, i've never even played 2, not sure if it's completely reliant on the back story from 1.

Don't believe they are as there is no real story to L4D, simply get from A to B (albiet it is great fun). You play as a seperate group in the second game with one level where
    you meet the gang from the first game

As for games to play on the xbox I'm surprised Halo hasn't been mentioned. Worth going back playing from the beginning. Halo: CE, Halo 2 + 3, Halo ODST and Halo Reach.
    Bioshock 1 & 2 are worth playing, actually I could go on and on with recommendations so I'll stop here :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Also Mass Effect 1 +2 ...very good games.

Sportswise --Fifa12...fantastic game and online 11 player mode is a belter..lots of cvnts out there though :D

I completely forgot about halo. . .i don't know what that says about my feelings towards it :D Nah, i really liked 3, Reach was good. ODST not so much.

I'll throw in a mention of Prototype as a good xbox exclusive - i'd only advise a rental though, you'll be finished with it inside a week.

I really liked the first Crackdown too - is that xbox only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Cheers for all the input. Managed to pick up Halo Reach and Lost Odyssey for very cheap. Best thing about getting a console this late in it's life is all the dirt cheap games!

Anyone played Metro 2033, Alan Wake or Last Remnant? they get mixed reviews.

Also, Fable 2 - is it worht getting the edition with the DLC? as its proving difficult to find

penev10 wrote: »
    Cheers for all the input. Managed to pick up Halo Reach and Lost Odyssey for very cheap. Best thing about getting a console this late in it's life is all the dirt cheap games!

Anyone played Metro 2033, Alan Wake or Last Remnant? they get mixed reviews.

Also, Fable 2 - is it worht getting the edition with the DLC? as its proving difficult to find

alan wake is one i'll eventually pick up cheap when i've a bit of time on my hands - i keep forgetting

i couldn't tell you about any of the others

Advertisement