Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When will SFP end?

• 27-02-2012 10:21pm
    Site Banned Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

I think it will be there until at least 2020 and probably long after that unless
    something goes very wrong with finance in europe.
    what name it is under and how much it will be worth will be anyones guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

eamon11 wrote: »
    anyone know?
    Current SFP due to end in 2013 to be replaced by a new one start of 2014. But as djmc says due to the current debacle over finance, the current system will probably be rolled over for another year unless they agree an end to the debt cycle and can get around then to debate the structure of the new CAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

soon hopefully:rolleyes:, in reality .........years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

i think the sfp was the worst thing ever introduced to farming. instead we should be paid a lot better for our produce. its currently driving rental land prices mad as come 2014 it could depend how much land a person has in that year wether owned or rented. priced grass land in cork last week.it was at €260 an acre and there was still 3 farmers interested in it. how can someone make money with paying this much for land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Slightly off topic, but semi-related.

Do people think it would still be worthwhile to buy entitlements? And if so - how many 'times' their face value?
    (I thik they are usually traded in such a % increase on their entitlement value is it?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PANADOL

Do people think it would still be worthwhile to buy entitlements? And if so - how many 'times' their face value?
    (I thik they are usually traded in such a % increase on their entitlement value is it?)[/QUO
    Yes still worth while buying them its really comes down to simple maths 2 years left prob three if you buy them at a low multiple ie 1.2 to 1.3 their value , i bought last week at 1.3 you will get your money back in the second year ie 2013 so as long as you dont pay too much for them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

PANADOL wrote: »

(I thik they are usually traded in such a % increase on their entitlement value is it?)
    Yes still worth while buying them its really comes down to simple maths 2 years left prob three if you buy them at a low multiple ie 1.2 to 1.3 their value , i bought last week at 1.3 you will get your money back in the second year ie 2013 so as long as you dont pay too much for them!!

Thanks Panadol (good username too) ;)

1.3 seems good value - I thought / heard they were up on 1.5 times. But maybe that was only talk.

Advertisement