Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can commonege be bought or sold?

• 27-02-2012 10:36pm
    Site Banned Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

we own 2/3 of a 9 acre grazing and watering ground. Can I plant this or part thereof? Can I buy the other out? Legally, I v heard this cannot be bought or sold but recently I have seen such for sale on daft?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

eamon11 wrote: »
    we own 2/3 of a 9 acre grazing and watering ground. Can I plant this or part thereof? Can I buy the other out? Legally, I v heard this cannot be bought or sold but recently I have seen such for sale on daft?

Do you own 2 out of 3 shares,or 2/3 of 1 share?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Yeah I think it can be sold if all the people with shares in it agree, chances of this happening are rare enough I'd say, sorry doesn't answer your question though.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

If all the parties with rights agree to the division and how it is to be divided then it can be divided and everyone can then do what they want with their section.

Or the rights can be sold/bought(again by agreement with all parties afaik) or transferred by sale/sucession as normal. I will find out more later in the year as an in-law passed on, intestate, and the sucession fun has begun already:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Yeah - we have bought commonage in the past

• Site Banned Posts: 518 ✭✭✭eamon11

its 9 acres, we own 6. 1 other share holder owns the 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

its 9 acres, we own 6. 1 other share holder owns the 3.

Are the 6 acres that you own clearly defined?

You said earlier that it was commonage so this usually means that you both own the 9 acres, but you have 2/3 of the rights to it and he has 1/3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I think logsplit is the term for commonage where a person can point to a specific area and say that is mine. They can also fence that area if they wish. We had some and the ould fella fenced it donkey years ago. I have some but it's grazing only, so I have X share of it but can only graze, can't fence or plant or do anything else with it.

• Site Banned Posts: 518 ✭✭✭eamon11

tks a lot lads,

reilig I dont even know the answer to the question. Not sure how or what the details are. None of it is fenced, all open. But we have been claiming sfp for 6 acres and the neighbour 3 for many years. It was orig between 3 of us but then he left it to us.

Advertisement