Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2012

Options
  • 27-02-2012 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

Anybody going to this, this year?

Lineup is starting to look pretty solid! Went in both 2009 and 2010, but wasn't into the lineup last year at all so I gave it a miss!

It's from the 28th of June to the 1st of July.

4 day ticket is €195 and camping is €18.
    Your ticket includes a cook to get a free train and bus to the festival.

Lineup as of a new update on 27/02/2012:
    The latest additions are Jack White, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Chase & Status, The Vaccines, Paul Kalkbrenner, Steve Aoki, Ed Sheeran, Netsky, Kitty Daisy & Lewis, Ben Howard, M83, Kreayshawn, and Azealia Banks.

They join:

Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Florence + The Machine, Justice, The Cure, Elbow, Snow Patrol, dEUS, Blink 182, Kasabian, Deadmau5, Skrillex, Garbage, Katy B, Beirut, DJ Fresh presents Fresh/Live, Wolfmother, Wiz Khalifa, Katzenjammer, Mumford & Sons, Incubus, Gossip, Milow, Selah Sue, The Kooks, Dropkick Murphys, Calvin Harris, The Black Box Revelation, Skream ft. Sgt Pokes, James Morrison, My Morning Jacket, Rise Against, Mastodon, Noah and the Whale, Bat For Lashes, Anna Calvi, Amon Tobin, Miles Kane, All-American Rejects, The Maccabees, Other Lives, James Vincent McMorrow, and more. For the line-up details, as

or you could check it out here: http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/lineup/
    or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Werchter#2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,824 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Not going but its on the to do list. I hear its great. Always have a solid line up too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I am contemplating going for just the Friday. I become too cranky when living in a tent so 4 days aren't for me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Love the random inclusion of Mastodon!

Just spotted the lineup of this today and instantly decided that I have to go. I've been holding out for a Pearl Jam date in Ireland and missed out on Florence and the Machine, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds.

Anyone have an idea of when this usually sells out? Will take me two weeks to get the money together :/

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icarus86

I was at this in 07 and it was great craic! good mix of bands at it and i gotta say it was so much better than oxegen, crowds are pretty tame though....

By tame do you mean subdued? The impression I got from reading other threads about Belgian festivals is that the crowd doesn't really get into the gigs and just tend to stand there which takes away from the atmosphere. Im not sure how controlled I could be when seeing some of the my favourite acts of all time!

I think I'd be somewhat worried about the cultural differences, even if I went over as part of a big group!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icarus86

Yeah pretty much, they were all really friendly and good enough craic but they just didnt seem to get into the spirit of things. In saying that,there will be loads of Irish and Brits there who are up for the craic, meet a few of them and it will be like being at home at a festival:D

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

Was going to Benicassim, but jesus, this lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Seriously giving this some consideration now that Editors are headlining

Anyone know what the price of drink is like in belgium?
    And would i be ok buying a tent over there because of baggage limits?

Speaking of which, flights from Cork to Brussels are €105 return with Aer Lingus. Pretty good, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Just booked my flights for this!

Thursday morning with Aer Lingus from Dublin for 85 quid, unreal

• Advertisement

hacx wrote: »
    Anyone know what the price of drink is like in belgium?
    And would i be ok buying a tent over there because of baggage limits?

Speaking of which, flights from Cork to Brussels are €105 return with Aer Lingus. Pretty good, IMO.

You'll pick up cans of beer in the supermarkets for the same as here, pints in the festival will be simialr to here, sometimes a little cheaper, they have a token system set up for food and drink, at 2.50 a token,

So best case scenario a pint will be 1 token, more than likely they will be 2 tokens

4 day combi ticket sold out

4 day combi ticket sold out
    Sickened as I was intending on buying them last night! Flights booked too, which probably wasn't the best idea on my part. :/

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk

AdMMM wrote: »
    Sickened as I was intending on buying them last night! Flights booked too, which probably wasn't the best idea on my part. :/

I've read on a few forums that other sites still have them for sale, maybe have a look around?

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LisaC251

I've read on a few forums that other sites still have them for sale, maybe have a look around?

good luck

Where did you see other tickets available for the four days, I really want to go for the four days as opposed to spending a fortune on a three day pass.

There's a waiting list online now. Tickets are also available on viagogo.com but are insanely expensive there...

Waiting list is closed,

had a quick there Lisa, cant find any on the usuals sites anymore, ebay, gumtree etc,

there was a pair on toutless last week but they seem to be gone, it would be no harm to start a thread there anyway for wanted tickets.

www.toutless.com

edit, just saw a lisa251 post on toutless, I presume thats you, nvm my post so

edit edit! pm'd ya there ;)

That's me on Toutless alright. I had a look around the other day but could not find anything that was not extortionate.
    I am debating other European festivals as I really want to avoid the rain in Ireland at festivals this year!

Tomorrowland tickets go on general sale tomorrow, they wont last long, last year looked unreal

• Advertisement

I bought 3 day tickets this morning. I'm on the waiting list so if I get offered one I'll buy it and sell on the 3 day tickets. Shame us Irish have a tendency to leave things until the last minute :/

I bought 3 day tickets this morning. I'm on the waiting list so if I get offered one I'll buy it and sell on the 3 day tickets. Shame us Irish have a tendency to leave things until the last minute :/

indeed! theres combi tickets going for a little over cost price on ebay.be if your desperate

They might be starting at face value but the bidding wars are pushing them all north of €300.

Mr.S wrote: »
    keep in mind they check ID to names on tickets and won't let you in otherwise.
    Do they really? I know they say they do on their website but I would have thought that would be to just put people off buying the tickets on the secondary market.

Meh, i've been here once and Pukkelpop twice and I.D. was never checked, scaremongering

Do they ID people simply for age-verification purposes?

I'm actually curious about what happens if the credit card holder is not the person who's attending the event? Or if you can't go yourself and give it to a friend? Or if you've bought multiple tickets (as you don't have to provide names for each ticket)? It does state in the FAQ (only accessible via the footer at the bottom of the website) that you need a copy of this persons ID and a handwritten note saying that it's okay to attend should your name be different but I doubt that everyone reads every last detail of the Feedback section and that there would be a lot of genuine cases of people missing it...

I've sent viagogo an email asking what happens (considering they guarantee smooth transactions) in the event that your secondary market ticket is rejected because of a mis-match in names.

Mr.S wrote: »
    When where you last there? Cus PP ID'd everyone around when we walked in

It would of been 2010 I think

maybe I just didnt notice them checking IDs but i wasnt anyway

Did you ever get a four day ticket on the waiting list? I stopped looking for a ticket when the Sunday sold out, which I am now regretting as many of the other festivals are not appealing to me.

LisaC251 wrote: »
    Did you ever get a four day ticket on the waiting list? I stopped looking for a ticket when the Sunday sold out, which I am now regretting as many of the other festivals are not appealing to me.

Have you seen the Dour festival line up for price and diversity I think its the best around,

http://www.dourfestival.be/en/lineup

p.s. got your mail, reply soon.

• Advertisement

Managed to get a ticket off eBay today from an Irish seller for €280. I'm a bit annoyed at myself for having to go down that route. I already had a Thurs, Fri and Sat ticket but the prices quoted for Sunday tickets by themselves were silly. I can sell them now to my friends who missed out so that I won't have paid too much over the odds!

Lesson learned however... popular European festivals sell out, Irish festivals don't!

Advertisement