Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2012

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

I hope someone can answer this for me. I assume there is transport to and from the festival site. What time does this finish up at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

Mr.S wrote: »
    to and from where?

All the campsites are within walking distance to the festival.

Theres (free) shuttle busses to and from Leuven (where you get the train and stuff) all day and up to an hour after the last acts.

Acts generally finish up around around 2:30am on the Thursday and around 12:30-1:30 on the other days.

Keep in mind the trains out of Leuven finish at around midnight and only start up again around 5:30-6am.

To and from Leuven I meant. I am going to be staying in Leuven and not camping. Thank you for your answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Mr.S wrote: »
    Just a FYI according the RW site, you'll need a photocopy of the sellers ID plus a written note saying its ok for you use to use the tickets.

You might not be asked for ID but last time I was at Werchter you had to hand up your ID to match your ticket, as did everyone in the queue with me. Better safe then sorry!
    The seller was also aware of this condition of transfer and will be providing ID and a letter.

There's a few people starting to post on toutless with tickets but those who got back to me say they've had some many offers that they're selling them for €350!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

AdMMM wrote: »
    There's a few people starting to post on toutless with tickets but those who got back to me say they've had some many offers that they're selling them for €350!

Report these price gougers to Toutless admins so they'll be banned - it's called Toutless for a reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 blakina1

I need to buy the official t-shirt for the rock werchter festival for 2009. Any advice please?

• Advertisement

Quite a strange request! I saw lots of old memorabilia on eBay recently, but I'm sure you already tried there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 blakina1

I was at the festival in 2009, but my box full of memorabilia (including my t-shirt) was one of the boxes which got lost in transit when I got transferred abroad :/ I did check on ebay....

It says on the email you get with your etickets that:
    It is possible to download and print your ticket(s) several times. Keep in mind, however, that only the most recently downloaded tickets are valid as entrance ticket.

However, I just downloaded the tickets twice and compared the two and there's absolutely no difference in the two versions with all the text and even the barcodes being identical!

Is this just something they say to put people off trying to sell their tickets or is there some difference that I'm not seeing?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

It's PDF its not gonna magically change after you print it off

But the only way you can access it is by clicking on the link in the email which means that technically they could generate new barcodes with every click. That doesn't seem to be the case however from asking on other forums.

• Advertisement

Download the attachment once, its a PDF file, you dont need to keep going back to your email link,

Its just a deterrent for people thinking they can print multiple tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

I'm going to Rock Werchter! very excited! :)

Flying out Thursday morning from Dublin! anyone else going??

Cant wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Cant wait now!

Myself and Melena are! Getting flights early Wednesday morning, got 5 day camping tickets so setting up shop on Wednesday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

We're Bringing a big Irish flag! All Irish should camp around it ;)

We're also bringing an Irish flag, and there's 5 of us too......

What campsite ye headed for?

We're also bringing an Irish flag, and there's 5 of us too......

What campsite ye headed for?

Apparently if you camp on Wednesday (which you need a specific ticket for) you can only camp in one of 3 areas so we will be in camp site A2, A3 or A4.

This is true, XL camping, we wont have access to those campsites,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Cant wait now!

ye me too. think its around 11 or 12 ?????

My flight leaves at like 06:50!

• Advertisement

Heading to the airport in a few hours, I'm going to miss sleeps..

Absolutely amazing festival! Front and centre for Jack White, Deus (who were surprisingly good) and Pearl Jam! It really is head and shoulders above anything that the Irish organisers have been putting on over the years in terms of organisation.

Can't wait to go again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

brilliant festival. The XX, The Gossip, My Morning Jacket,Justice,The Temper Trap, lana del rey, Noah and the whale and Elbow were all amazing. Editors win though, unreal show.

So my Rock Werchter looked something like this:
    Blink 182: Some nostalgic classics which were great to drink beers to... and we drank a lot of them!

Elbow: Absolutely amazing. Lippy Boys never sounded better!

The Cure: We all fell asleep for them in the middle of the arena but woke up in time for the encore of Boys Don't Cry and Friday I'm in Love!

Justice: Throwing shapes to some French Electro at 1am - we've come a long way from Ruby's back in the day!

Mastodon: Very early slot which didn't really suit them. Didn't understand why the crowd weren't going crazy and why the Belgians loved clapping instead of moshing!

Gossip: This is where I began my queuing for Pearl Jam in the pit. Could still see her from the side of the stage but then I suppose there's a lot to see...

Jack White: This man is a magician. Threw in his own original stuff and some of the greats from The Raconteurs, White Stripes and The Hold Steady.

dEUS: Belgium's most popular ever rock band. I didn't recognise a single song so just spent my time hopping from one burning foot to the other before I collapsed!

Pearl Jam: Front Row for Eddie! What a man! He threw red wine over us in between belting out every song I ever could have hoped for

Alabama Shakes: I have no doubt that these guys are going to explode soon. I actually saw them at Regina Spektor later that day and told them but the lead singer who happens to be quite chunky took it the complete wrong way!

Noah and the Whale: Sound issues aside (bass drum shook me to the very core every time it was struck), this was a very enjoyable set. Forgot just how solid their latest album is and how their sound has grown. Nice rendition of my favourite song "Blue Skies" capped it for me.

Wolfmother: These guys need to release a new album soon! Was in the middle of collecting my phone from being charged at the back of the arena during their set so was listening with a second delay from what we saw on the screen. I was definitely drumming away like a spastic out of time!

Kasabian: They played all their hits but their hearts just didn't seem to be in it.
    My Morning Jacket: One of the highlights of the festival for me. Front and center and in the perfect place to enjoy extended guitar solos that they're known for!

M83: I was expecting a DJ set because he is a one man band and what not but instead was treated to an extravaganza of great backing vocals and wonderful drumming and guitar! Midnight City raised the roof when it came on and I don't think anyone came away from this gig disappointed.

Regina Spektor: Promoting her new album which is very solid. She sounded great and looked to be really enjoying herself. She is such an amazing talent... I could listen to her all day!

Editors: These guys headlined the small Indiependence festival in Cork last year and here they were blowing everyone away with possibly the best set of the weekend. They sounded great and even had fireworks and ****! The fact that the Belgians love them so much definitely made for a more enjoyable experience too!

Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds: Noel beats Liam EVERY SINGLE TIME! AKA... What a life? was a highlight as were his old Oasis songs. I had to restrain myself from going bonkers in the pit because everyone around me was very subdued though!

Florence + The Machine: Florence lived up to every one of my expectations! What a sight to watch. She performs with so much energy that it's hard not to get caught up in the moment and just let yourself go! Really enjoyed this one!

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Finally it seemed the Belgians came to life and for the first time in the weekend you couldn't make any attempt to get close to the front. They played pretty much every song I love by them and Flea looked to be on fire. Not too keen on the new guitarist though and having to leave for my bus just as Californication came on was pretty damn disappointing!

Advertisement