Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser 2 Trolley

Options
  • 27-02-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    I have an almost complete Laser 2 Regatta Boat which I'm keen to get in the water, but lack the appropriate launching trolley. The trolley is important as it supports the boats weight at defined points on the side which avoids applying pressure to the hull. I have tried a few paths to getting one in Ireland including posting an ad to every sailing club in Ireland I could think of for display on their notice board. At the moment I think I have three options:
    1. Buy a trolley on Apollo duck or similar in the UK and arrange a shipping merchant to deliver it - bit costly and a logistical nightmare
    2. Buy in the UK, drive over and ferry it back
    3. visit a few clubs and talk a kind soul into lending me theirs for a week to allow me manufacture a copy.
    Does anyone have a better solution or preferably a Trolley they are willing to part with on a short term or permanent basis?

I believe that if I have the correct Trolley I can adjust a standard road trailer carry (piggy back) the Trolley and Boat.

Any Advice apreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gonzo1

I'd say you will find it hard to get a 2nd hand one in ireland suitable for the Laser2. Have you tried McCready's in Co. Down. They have prices for the laser1 Trolley but they might be able to get you one for the Laser 2, but it could be pricey. The Trolley will easily fit on a Roof rack?

http://www.mccreadysailboats.co.uk/index.php?page=launching-trolleys

Or Dinghy Supplies in Sutton maybe. I think they deal with Laser parts but not sure about Trollies/ Trailers....

http://www.dinghysupplies.ie/

I did get a quote from a crowd in Cork city to get a custom made trolley a few years back and the price was quite good. I'll try and dig out the details of this if Cork City isn't too far from you.....can't remember their name offhand,

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gonzo1

Rooster Sailing in UK can order them, but you'd have to organise your own courier:mad:

I always found Rooster great to give advice over the phone if you wanted to try them...

http://www.roostersailing.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=1&Product_Code=1567&Category_Code=trail&SortBy=

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ei.sdraob_

Thanks for the advice Guys, much appreciated. I spoke with McCready a few weeks back, they were very helpful but told me they were sure the trailers they supply would not be suitable. I will try the other links.

Thanks Again

Advertisement