Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timer on a Bathroom extractor fan

Options
  • 27-02-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

A friend has an apartment with an interior (no windows) bathroom. The extractor fan stays on for 45 minutes after the light is switched off. I opened it up to take a look and the innards has a PCB with a little cogged wheel 'type thingy' (with a tiny screwdriver groove) attached which I presume is for adjusting the time delay. Of course there is no brandname for the fan :rolleyes: Question - clockwise to increase; anti to decrease the time delay? And what time roughly should the fan keep going, for say, after a bath or shower? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

anti-clockwise to decrease

about 10 mins over-run should suffice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

The lowest I can get it down to is 28 mins. Better than 45 but still a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Thats too long, there must be something wrong with the timer circuit.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Thats too long, there must be something wrong with the timer circuit.
    Well I think that I have turned it fully anti-clockwise...:confused:

I went at this again. Fully anticlockwise and now the min time is 31 minutes. Can you buy new timer circuits as I have a feeling that this one is kaput?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 nolnah

wait4me wrote: »
    A friend has an apartment with an interior (no windows) bathroom. The extractor fan stays on for 45 minutes after the light is switched off. I opened it up to take a look and the innards has a PCB with a little cogged wheel 'type thingy' (with a tiny screwdriver groove) attached which I presume is for adjusting the time delay. Of course there is no brandname for the fan :rolleyes: Question - clockwise to increase; anti to decrease the time delay? And what time roughly should the fan keep going, for say, after a bath or shower? Thanks in advance

Do not under estimate the time it takes to clear condensation from an in clossed bath room. I went to repair a similar system that was tripping the main fuse board. On inspection it was filling up with water that had condensed in the outlet tube due to the fan not running long enought to dispel all the moister in the air. This could have been a near death accident if not checked in time.

Advertisement