Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

truma regulator

• 28-02-2012 12:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

I have been having trouble with the van since i took it out of storage little things that were not giving problems before it was put away,very frustrating
    Now the gas has packed up none of the appliances work so now i need a truma bulkhead gas propane butane regulator my question is where i can get one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

We replace them usually with GasLow regs . Never a problem with them . It's the oil in the gas is the problem .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Thanks i have been looking at this http://www.thegaslowcentre.co.uk/magento/gaslow/english/lpg-gas-equipment/lpg-gas-regulators.html but i cant tell if i need an 8mm or 10 mm how can you tell

what year is your van? and what size is the nut on the end of the metal pipe , where it attachs to the reg? 17 or 19mm?

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    what year is your van? and what size is the nut on the end of the metal pipe , where it attachs to the reg? 17 or 19mm?
    The van is 04,i used a 17mm to undo the reg from gas pipe

8mm so. we have some , i'll check for you.

• Advertisement

Thanks again to Aidan_M_M for the advise i replaced the truma reg with a GasLow reg all working again
    Just to give you the heads up on this when i started to look into it i found that the truma regs that are fitted to all vans from 04 on are failing because they are been blocked with oil from the the gas,when it gets blocked the only fix is to replace the reg.It might be worth either replacing your reg with a GasLow reg or at least carry a replacement rather than finding yourself in the middle of France or Dundalk in my case with no way of heating the van or cooking the bit of dinner :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61508522

sorry I didn't reply sooner... been up the walls here !

Advertisement